1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What homecourt advantage looks like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Apr 14, 2018.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I truly believe the city of Houston overall is still in wait and see mode with the Rox. The close out game last year in game 6 doesn't help the average fan's perception of this team in the city either. I honestly don't think the crowd will be as rowdy as many feel it should be until the team at least gets into the conference finals.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

And that means absolutely nothing

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

These cities you see with crazy dedicated fans only have 1 sport in there city or had legacy team like boston and chicago. Based on the article houston does sell tickets, but it seems people dont show up for some reason for there seat lol.

Per Cheat seat

""Fans of the Houston Rockets are hard to figure out. They have a rich franchise history, including two NBA championships in the ’90s, which saw a ton of support from the community. They generally land somewhere in the top 10 for attendance for the last several years.

However, with a fast-paced team that scores a lot of points and actually wins games this year, the attendance dropped off a bit. We chalk it up to a hangover from the disappointing season they had last year, but we’re prepared to drop Rockets fans further down the list if we need to"""

It might be because of the disappointing losses @ Thunder, Blazers, Spurs, Warriors ones i remember bluntly . But overall they look like a nice healthy crowd.

https://www.ranker.com/list/nba-teams-with-the-best-crowds/ryanhollins

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I just find it ironic when people complain about the crowd when they are not at the game.

5. cdrive

I don’t. I’m not the “I find it ironic” guy.

theimpossibles1 and RudyTBag like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was at the game, the crowd was weak...the crowds are always weak

65 win team gets the support of a 35 win team with no star...we easily have the worst crowd in these playoffs

7. bobrek

So....that site uses votes by people who happen to access that site to rank the crowds. Not sure how long the ability to up or down vote has existed, but about 320 people have 'ranked' the Rockets (either pro or con). About 1400 have ranked Toronto.

8. bobrek

Doesn't change anything about what I have posted. I haven't commented one way or another about the crowds. I have no idea how good or bad they are. Seemed OK watching on TV, but since I am not present, I have no opinion one way or the other.

9. bobrek

Congratulations. I'm not asking you to.

10. cdrive

You have a nice day there in Minnesota

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. bobrek

It is a beautiful day. 70+ degrees. Clear blue skies. A bit windy, but I'll persevere for a nice run this evening. Perhaps some rain tomorrow and Tuesday, so no telling if the Twins will have another postponement, but I'll be at their games Tuesday and Wednesday so I may complain about the crowds.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve been to quite a few playoff games and the crowd and atmosphere is usually great. But today the crowd was awful, just like a regular season game. I guess no one really thinks Utah is a threat. Let’s just sweep them and get on with it.

13. cdrive

Remember when you fronted on me too about being at the game and then I slapped that ticket proof up and you disappeared? I do. That was fun.

I hope your run is enjoyable there in Minnesota, not going to games & clapping back at people who you don’t even know whether or not they are going to games.

theimpossibles1, Drogba and RudyTBag like this.
  14. bobrek

I actually don't remember that, sorry.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree .

Which is unfortunate, because (knock on wood) come the WCF , all the rich California assholes are gonna buy tickets .

Today was a ****ing 2:30 Sunday game .... there is no excuse not to be there .

I can understand not wanting to go to an 8:30 game .... you might have work in the morning . But , for today's game ???

Too expensive ?? Doubtful , people were saying they could get cheap tix today .

I dunno what it is . I don't think it's the location because people have no problem going to astros games .

Of course it's sometimes easier to watch on tv vs the nosebleeds ... but that's true for all the sports .

However , going to a rockets game you don't even get a good atmosphere because the stadium is half empty and silent .

As a rockets fan and someone who was at the game today ..,, I'm embarrassed for our city . What a pathetic showing .

KelvinCato13 and roxallways like this.
  16. cdrive

Totally cool. Wouldn’t expect you to.

17. bobrek

You are absolutely correct. I don't know if they go to the game. Therefore, I ask the question. And I suspect I have been to at least 200+ Rockets games in my life.

18. cdrive

And they may have been to 201 games in their life. So people should be allowed to express a desire for homecourt crowd improvement without others coming after their credentials.

19. cdrive

This. Yes it is acceptable.

20. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I have to admit that was one of the worst Toyota Center crowds I have seen this entire year. Looked less engaged and lower energy with half hearted chants of “Defense”. I think it’s definitely a wait and see thing. The Astros playoff crowds last season were loud as hell. I think the exorbitant price of Rockets tickets and corporate club seating have a huge impact versus the louder and more engaged crowd at Astros game. I’m going to do my part. I bought tickets for Game 2 and will be loud and proud in the lower bowl.

buffalobills!!! and Little Bit like this.