1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What homecourt advantage looks like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Apr 14, 2018.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Tilman should have SRO class tickets for students, and randomly usher SRO folks into empty lower bowl seats. If the lower bowl ticket holder shows up, usher the SRO fan back to SRO; if the lower bowl ticket holder never shows up, the SRO kid gets a real treat.

eric.81 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Crowd was fairly quiet for the first half ( for a playoff game)

But really did come to life when we made our run during the third .

I think the further we go in the playoffs the crazier the crowd will get . This is an obvious statement , but feel that the effect is much greater for us than for other teams .

Still haven't seen a crowd as good as I saw in 07/08/09 .

But, there is still time for fans to come around .

We can't do anything but have faith that things will turn around. Houston has had excellent crowds before . The city just needs to get that buzz going . I think it starts now

bulkatron likes this.
  3. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

That's disgusting.

bulkatron and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

people in the crowd should be kicked out for refusing the wear the given t-shirt... (unless they don't fit).

bulkatron and PeterKingX like this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Energy was good in the second half. First half it seemed like the crowd got quiet because the Rockets never built momentum. Started to pick up after we recovered from the 10 point deficits.

My favorite moment as a Rockets fan was not even in TC. It was in ‘09 against the Mavs. The bum a$$ Mavs announcer tried to sing the Ole Ole Ole tune to the lyrics “Go Mavs Go Mavs Go Mavs. Etc... the 40 or 50 Rockets fans in the building drowned out the entire arena with “Yao Ming Yao Ming” and kept it going for 10 minutes. We were up like 20-30 pts and were led my Brooks, Lowry, Scola. It was wonderful - the arena was silent.

Wish we could bring that kind of energy from a meaningless game to these playoffs. Crowd gets quieted too easily. I can’t believe how much energy it takes the Rockets folks to get people to put free shirts on. They would rather wear their $30 poorly fit dress shirts from work than team colors. It’s pathetic.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Exactly. Why do you need to talk people into wearing the free attire for a playoff game? It’s pathetic.

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Thats really the other main problem. So now not only are 40% of the seats empty, but we have to play well for us to make noise.
    Sometimes the team needs the fans its not only the other way. I hope things change in the 2nd round but damn our crowd is horrible. We are the 1 seed ffs.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just tell them rich folks, that their seat will be filled by a poor person or person of color. They’ll be in their seat quick.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, there will be no problems with this great idea. And if the person refuses to leave the arena, then the person gets tased. If that doesn't work, then deadly force is appropriate. I mean, wearing those t-shirts is really important.

Little Bit likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We also have to take into consideration the star power amongst the NBA right now. Although, there is a bunch of young talent around the league, that’s what it is young. Back when the Rockets won their championships, it seemed like every matchup had a top 50 greatest player if not two on the team that we were playing against. Just the match ups Hakeem and the other great centers of that time was a must see.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Fertitta needs to wrestle a bear before tipoff to get people to show up earlier for the game.

K LoLo likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All these excuses that don’t seem to matter in other cities.

Somehow other cities don’t have any rich people, no corporations, no concern for star power, no issue with the early rounds, no problem getting food, etc.

Reeko, Beardaholic13, cdrive and 2 others like this.
  13. val_modus

val_modus Member

Anyone else notice getting pissed at the homecrowd when they weren't getting near loud enough during Wolves free throws? We suck.

cdrive and justtxyank like this.
  14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Exactly - can’t be dependent on the team dominating to get hype. Need to bring that energy before tipoff and keep it going until past the buzzer

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Assuming you meant to say "anyone else notice [Harden] getting pissed at the homecrowd when they weren't getting near loud enough..."

Yes, I noticed. He was very upset with the crowd.

slothy420 likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have. Game 7 against the Clippers.

Was at the game last night. Anxious crowd with Rockets down 8 in the second quarter. Crowd got nuts in the 3rd when the run started.

If it weren't for the Wolves trading baskets with us in the fourth and not just quitting the crowd would have been louder. I attribute that to anxiousness again, Houston fans get nervous.

The halftime dog guy was tight.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yes, Harden’s reaction to the crowd was discouraging to say the least

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah, Harden was looking at the crowd with utter disbelief.

19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Cool pic of game 5 from reddit

[​IMG]

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, the rest of our opponents (whether it's OKC/GSW or UTA/GSW) will have far better home crowds than ours, sadly.

... But if by some miracle, we end up playing the Pels, we probably will have NOLA beat for home crowd involvement. Although who knows how pumped that city will be if they got that far, heh.