1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what happened to Jerry Lewis???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Sep 2, 2002.

Tags:
  1. drapg

drapg Member

maybe I've just been out of the loop...

but I was channel surfing today and came across the old Labor Day standby, ya know the Jerry Lewis Telethon...

I guess I haven't seen him in years, but boy did this man blow up? He's gotta be close to 300lbs now! What on earth happened? Is he suffering from a disease or did old age just hit him really hard.

It was a pretty sad sight to see...

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

he has been eating his kids. :eek: :)

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

see my post below.

#3 rockHEAD, Sep 2, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2002
  4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I said the same thing when I flipped the telethon on, but about 15 mintues after I started watching he sat down and got really emotional talking aobut this sickness he had. Its some sort of lung disorder and one of his lungs collapsed and he had to start taking some sort of medicine that made him gain 54 pounds.

5. drapg

drapg Member

wow. thanks for the info man. so sad that a man that has worked so hard for others has to suffer as such. :(

6. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Jerry Lewis looks like he's been on large doses of Cortisone as treatment for ?? whatever. I don't think it's just weight gain. His facial appearance is classic as a side effect of mega doses of cortisone. Last year he looked really ill but not this blown up.

Anyway, hats off to him for the work he does. He's become an icon for neuromuscular disease fund raising.:)

Dallas Rocket

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

from the Houston Chronicle

I had no idea.....

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Thats very sad. He could have easily bowed out this year due to his own illness but he went on......Good for you Jerry!!!