1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to Aaron Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Feb 5, 2011.

1. DJ

DJ Member

This is a question that many have been asking in regards to the backup PG play this year. However, I am wondering why did Brooks leave the bench area in the 4th quarter after he was taken out of the game? He didn't return and there was no indication of injury. Did Rick give Brooks the Von Wafer treatment? Does anyone know what happened? He was playing bad in this game so there is no reason that he should be upset about getting relatively benched.

2. thejav

thejav Member

lots of trade rumors going around tonight in the nba.. hmm ;)

3. Prince

Prince Member

Bad point guards need to potty too.

1 person likes this.
  4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He was just following the usual Toyota center etiquette by leaving halfway thru the third quarter.

3 people like this.
  5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I was there and saw him leave n sign of injury.

I think Rick was tired of his **** and sent him out similar to the wafer situation. This is what I beleive happened.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wafer was confrontational with Rick and losing his cool. Any sign that AB did that? He's been playing badly, but Adelman doesn't send a guy to the lockerroom just because he's not playing well. I mean, even Brian Cook got to stay on the bench.

7. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Dude... The real question is where the HELL has DD been these past couple days? :confused:

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He sucks. Next question.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[rquoter]
    They had to adjust again with less than seven minutes left when Adelman went back to his starters. That sent Brooks, who had been finishing games, off the floor to begin icing early, though Adelman indicated that he was not hurt.

Asked where Brooks had gone, Adelman indicated said, “I don’t know. I don’t know. You’d have to ask him.”

His starters, however, responded. Martin, who led the Rockets with 31 points, making all 15 of his free throws to move to 41 of 41 against Memphis this season, immediately drained a 3-pointer to tie the game and with 2 ½ minutes left, his turnaround fadeaway jumper put the Rockets in front, 86-85.[/rquoter]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7415170.html

Head coach says "You'd have to ask him" when asked where Brooks was. Not a good sign.

10. Carl Herrera

My guess is Brooks was upset at his own play and went back because he knew the team wasn't gonna put him in again.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe, but obviously that's not acceptable. What if Lowry gets injured or fouls out? What if its a final possession, and we need an extra 3-point shooter? Brooks needs to grow up, if that's what happened.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Doesn't look good either way.

Even if his value drops tremendously, there is no guarantee that some bone headed team won't offer him a big contract, forcing us to let him walk.

At the same time, shopping Brooks is going to be hard especially with his poor play as of late.

Tough job for Morey.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He was traded to the Spurs fan site for:
    2 Smilies :eek: eek & :rolleyes: rolleyes and some future considerations.

1 person likes this.
  14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Flynn for AB isn't looking so bad anymore, is it?!?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

It looks like Brooks is a goner.

16. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

It is simple. He is not playing for the team. He is playing for his data.

17. Carl Herrera

I'm sure he just went back to bang DD real quick. Would have been ready to return if needed.

18. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Dun dun dun...

That's really crappy of AB to sulk and bail on his team; I don't care if he was mad at Rick or mad about his own play. You see guys like Jeffries who never get to play, but cheer on their team no matter what.

AB needs to get it together, because a bad attitude doesn't help anything. Rick has been more than patient with AB, in my opinion; defending him as one of the team's most valuable players and giving him the play time to work through his injury. Maybe in this crucial game, where the tie breaker with a division rival ahead of you in the standings is on the line, Rick thought it would be best to hold out AB. Good for him; it seemed to work, and AB needs to deal with it.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Agree totally. Brooks has got to get himself together. If this is all true then he's not only hurting the team but himself as well. This seems like a total collapse mentally, very unexpected.

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I have a feeling this isn't goin to end well :rolleyes: