1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does this response by a HR recruiter mean?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

"Thanks for following up. At this point, we are moving forward with other candidates' interviews. We have not made a decision yet. "

Like am I still in the game?

Did I mess up another interview? *Sigh*

TWS1986 and Jontro like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Did you talk about your meth/beef fat/coke experiences? There's no wrong answer, just be honest.

CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Too much beef fat.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

I knew I should have saved that thread for another time...

CCity Zero, B-Bob and Deckard like this.
  5. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's highly likely you will not move forward into the next round of their screening process. It's today's version of "don't call us, we'll call you."

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

****. Thanks

TWS1986 likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, did you pull your junk out and slap it on the table to show dominance during the interview?

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Pro tip here folks...

CCity Zero and Deckard like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

move on to the next company. fukk them beeches, they dunno wuzgood.

JumpMan likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Your interview didn't exactly 'blow my skirt up', but maybe I'll holla if the other interviewees do it for me even less." Fair translation.

I hate the interview process. I was the candidate for my current job but I still had to jump through HR hoops, interview with nobody recruiters....who sent me a "thanks but no thanks" email after my interview (prompting my current manager to call them and say, "no, this is our guy").

It's like being interviewed in Monty Python: "WHAT..........is your favorite colour?" ("Colour" with the British "u".) "Blue........no.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

Maybe there is one little thing you don't tick on their list of boxes, or the next person has 6.5 years of experience as opposed to 6.25. Etcetera.

Yung-T, B-Bob, donkeypunch and 2 others like this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That's sure a weird way to put disinterest, but I'm thinking it's just that... disinterest on their part. Sorry man, keep your head up!

#11 TWS1986, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Recruiters just copy & pasted that response and probably didn't even process (in their brain) who you even were. They don't care about their jobs or you. They're going through the motions, man. You either get the job or you don't, you cant rely on HR to keep you in the loop throughout the process.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It means you didn't get the job. It is an ATS message. At this point HR is probably concerned about their own job.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Their loss. They'll miss out on some Rocket's basketball insight (and beef fat knowledge) at those watercooler chit chats.

The next door that open, may turn out to be a better fit. And you may be happy to get that instead of getting locked into this one.

Good luck with the hunt.

#14 TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I read this as "you're not out, but we're going to try to see if there is anyone better"

bcast89, STR8Thugg, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe I suck at reading code, but doesn't this mean that they will interview others and eventually they will come to a decision? I don't think you are out of the game yet. I doubt you'll stop looking for a job, so don't even sweat it. Sucks trying to find a job, but you'll get one man, keep your head up.

Outlier and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  17. marky :)

marky :) Member

"You're not out but I think we can find someone who will do this job at a lower salary."

STR8Thugg and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Usually I’d say that means you’re out, but because there’s so many applicants right now they might actually have a backlog of interviews.

My director currently spends half his week interviewing because there’s so many applicants and we have a few openings.

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you're self aware and know some spots where you faltered, write a reply back thanking those who interviewed you and whatever personal observations you made. Then slip at most two things where you could correct. Like, during the interview when Jimbo asked a follow up to his question and I said this answer, on further thinking, it's actually the more acceptable (and honest) answer. I wouldn't word it exactly that way, but it's more or less the gist without sounding like a liar or ****up.

Follow up emails should always be about thanking everyone involved and putting them in the mind of working with you. If you ****ed up during the interview period due to nerves, it doesn't hurt to address it in that email. Just don't overdo it and undersell youself because if they do hire you, the HR will take in everything when they make their initial offer.

Lastly, you tell them zoom adds ten pounds to your figure and your beef fat intake is A-OK and within the margins.

#19 Invisible Fan, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I read it as “you’re hired, but we still need a few days to come up with your signing bonus.”

but I’ve been wrong before.