1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do we think about our pick tomorrow night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Jun 21, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm excited about these picks guys. A lot of interesting players available in the second round. Hopefully Dork Elvis pulls off some clean trades and we re-stock our depth with some nice looking rookies.

2. mightybosstone

I wonder if these picks alone would be enough to dump Anderson's contract on somebody. If Morey could pull that off and then use the cap space on a superior player in free agency, I'd say this was a pretty successful offseason. But if that doesn't happen, I'd love if they could draft a decent 3 and D SF or a stretch big that could feasibly contribute sooner rather than later. That an a European player to stash would be a solid draft night.

3. valorita

valorita Member

I have more confidence in Morey's late first/early second drafting ability than higher in the lottery tbh.

saleem likes this.
  4. JD88

JD88 Member

MOREY!!!

Draft Sindarius Thornwell!

Just in case he browses the board.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I'd take Morey with a top 5 pick... :D

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This was retweeted by Woj, too. Gotta think that if the Rockets trade into that range, it's to be part of a package to somewhere else.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That Detroit pick is ripe. SVG would love a tough Vet.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

OG should fall in 10-14 range. Markellson might be there at 10. Might. Issac will go top 10.

clutch citizen likes this.
  10. clutch citizen

Good call. My thoughts exactly. Bev jumps out as the guy who could nab a pick in that range.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch made a good point on twitter that Charlotte at 11 might be a place that might like a Vet. Steve Clifford likes those vets.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That's a good point. They have plenty of youth on that team already. The opportunity seems to be there to move up.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It will be like the total opposite of the Texans draft.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'll do the 11th pick for Bev.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

The draft has always been Moreys weakness IMO. Maybe i just cant get over morris >kawahi but if we do trade up i sure hope its for George because this looks to be a very top heavy draft

saleem likes this.
  16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Rockets not likely to stay put with picks #43 and #45......but if they do, I like Dwayne Bacon & Alec Peters.

Dwayne Bacon reminds of a cross between or in the mold of Jimmy Butler/Justice Winslow; eventually.

Final college year...................Pts..........3PM...............3PA.................3P%..............FT%.....................PER...
    Butler:....................................15.7...........0.5.................1.6..................34.5%...........78.3%.................24.7....
    Justise Winslow.....................12.6...........1.2.................2.8..................41.8%...........64.1%.................22.3....
    Dwayne Bacon (35 gms)......17.2...........1.6.................4.9..................33.3%...........75.4%.................20.8....

Knock on Bacon is little to no rise on shot. Can be worked on. Jason Kidd couldn't hit 3's out of college.
    And defense. Let Bzdelik work with him on his defense. Can improve.

Alec Peters allows the Rockets to move on from Ryan Anderson. Younger version.

Rockets will probably draft a euro stash guy with #43 pick and Alec Peters with #45 if available. Works with
    free agent plans more than likely. IMO.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DM would probably have to add Harrell or Dekker plus Bev to get at 12 IMO. I think Detroit is more desperate for vets than Charlotte. Edit: I forgot that the Pistons have Ish and Beno, but Bev does add toughness to their shaky team. It's gonna be very hard for Morey to get into the lottery.

#97 saleem, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    clutch citizen likes this.
  18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I'm excited like always even though we most likely will end up drafting in the second round and stashing that pick.

July first should be interesting

saleem likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Draft express currently has us taking Mathias Lessort and Frank Mason, with Oliver/Sumner going after our picks, I'd be happy with that outcome or any combo out of those 4 players.

20. clutch citizen

Proven vets are highly valued to some coaches and GMs. A proven, what-you-see-is-what-you-get talent that nabbed a high lottery pick was Shane Battier for example. I believe it was for our 8th pick. That being said, I do see Bev and 2nds being offered for that sort of jump. I wouldn't be surprised if we did give up more for the pick, especially if the pick is to be flipped for an available stat like PG, Porzingis, etc.