1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

MSTR hitting all time high

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

5. Space Ghost

I listened for about 10 minutes. Sure, they bring up.legit concerns. However for those 10 minutes, all they did was dunk all over bitcoin and offered very little insight. It was all negative talk with no steelmaning their speculation. Is this all they do? Sit around and b**** about things?
    Bitcoin:
    .10 speculative asset
    1.00 speculative asset
    10.00 speculative asset
    100.00 speculative asset
    1000.00 speculative asset
    10,000.00 speculative asset
    100,000.00 speculative asset

Do you know how much thought I put in penny stocks? Absolutely zero. I couldn't imagine spinning up a podcast to talk about how bad penny stocks are. A complete waste of time.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Eh I'm not sure it is vastly different than Bitcoin/crypto podcasts ranting about their nonsense without much insight either. It is a podcast, and that's what a lot of people like to do. It is definitely a crypto critical podcast, so it isn't like they're trying to be friendly towards those with favorable views about BTC/crypto. For a lot of folks (myself included), the whole idea behind BTC/crypto is klnda...dumb (plus a lot of other negative things). There's not really much to steelman at some point (especially after 15+ years of endless Internet debates have eroded the desire to steelman continuously). They're snarkier than I am, though probably not unlike a Nicholas Weaver or someone like that anyway (who they have talked to, along with various other critics and even some pro-crypto folks).

If the "legit concerns" they bring up aren't insight to you personally, fair enough. I figure "hey there's probably some substantial price manipulation going on here" would be insight to some folks given how much love there is for the magical number going up, though I guess as long as that number goes up, that's all that matters (and fortunately, that shouldn't be an issue with how things currently work).

If everyone equated BTC/crypto to penny stocks (instead of "THE BEST ASSET OF ALL-TIME!!!!"), they wouldn't spin up this podcast either. But if you steelman *their* position, it is pretty clear why they spend this time doing a podcast.

Sajan likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Lol this lady keeps short circuiting when trying to understand why you never sell your bitcoin.

You want to store your wealth in property the most resistant to entropy. Bitcoin is that property.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

When do I cash out of this current run so I can buy another Porsche?
    will get back in before the next halving..

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

74k. This is not financial advice .

Sajan and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member