1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are they worth?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xiki, Mar 1, 2003.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There are a number of highly thought of (at least at one time) guys getting little playing time, either because they have buried themselves or been buried on a deep team. I wonder what they are worth today, what they might be worth somewhere this summer, guys like:
    Kedrick Brown
    Kwame Brown
    Zach Randolph
    Chris Wilcox
    Gerald Wallace
    I am probably missing a few.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

You're right, those guys are buried and they're pretty good players. Except Zach Randolph is still getting a good amount of minutes, right?

I would add Lonny Baxter to that list; he was doing really well and then got buried by Curry, Chandler, Fizer, Marshall, and Blount.

3. carayip

carayip Member

I saw Randolph play against Clippers on ESPN. He played very well and had quite a few moves around the basket. He is really quite similar to Jermaine O'Neal. I don't think that Blazers would make the same mistake twice though. They are starting to give him mins now and probably grooming him as the successor to R. Wallace.

As for Chris Wilcox and Kwame Brown, their value are probably still very high. After all they have not played much and have the magic word of "potential".

Gerald Wallace's very athletic but his game now is still very raw and a bit like Darius Miles. I think Kings will keep him and develop him as their 6th man.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I also like Randolph, but where is his future? Or Woods'?
    If Sac keeps Wallace, who goes? Hedo?
    If Wiz is keeping Kwame why won't they play him?

Are these players who will 'rise' like Gooden did after his trade? Or are they never going to amount to much?

5. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Yes. They are all like Terence Morris. Good players that don't have a chance to play. I would love for the Rockets to acquire one of them.

But I don't know about Kedrick Brown. He didn't seem too good.

Kwame Brown will probably either be traded or get to play next year. This year for the Wizards is the Year of the Oldies. They are letting Michael and his oldies try to win it. Next year, I'm sure it will be Stackhouse's team.....if they resign him.....and Brown will get to play.

6. hyperflipboi

hyperflipboi Member

If morris get alot more playing time and gets use to playing in a game with nba players and not practice w/ them he'll be the top 6th man in the league.

7. hyperflipboi

hyperflipboi Member

yall are forgetting about juan Dixon

8. carayip

carayip Member

Dixon's playing regularly. He's played against us and he had a great game today vs Chicago.

Kwame I think will start to play a lot next season. This season for Wizards is about winning and making the playoffs for MJ. Next season will be about develop young players after MJ leaves, at least that's what I believe.

I don't know much about Kedrick Brown though. Which team is he on?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kedrick Brown is on the Celtics.He is a good defender and is athletic but lacks a good outside shot.

10. lalala902102001

I like Gerald Wallace. He can really fly on offense and cna thrive in open-court, but he lacks a consistent outside shot.

Kwame Brown is a bust. I can say it now and be safe in five years.:D

11. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

You can add Rodney White to that list. The guy can't get on the floor in Denver.

12. Joel

Joel Member

Gerald Wallace is sort of an enigma to me. Watching the guy shoot before games, his 20 footer is actually pretty sound. When he gets into the game, I think he plays a little too fast and out of control. He definitely has talent and was a steal at the 25th pick of the draft. Unfortunately, he's stuck behind the deepest swingman rotation in the NBA behind Peja, Christie, Jim Jackson, Hedo, and at times Bobby Jackson at the 2.

From what I hear, he dominates a lot of the practices, but his work ethic isn't what people would like to see at all times. I can see Petrie moving either him or Hedo this offseason in order to shore up our (Kings) center position.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Eddie Griffin is getting playing time