1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the other teams saying??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by killahflip, Jul 21, 2007.

1. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

Anyone have links, articles, quotes (from forums) about other teams in regards to our off season so far? I'm interested to see if they think we have improved (or not).

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, you could just go visit their boards, like dallas-mavs.com or spursreport.com or visit a national board like espn or realgm. I'm not a big fan of visiting another board unless we just made a trade with that team. So all I know is that the Spurs are split into "incredibly pissed" and "Houston aren't contenders with him anyway" groups in regards to the Scola trade.

3. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Grapes from SA are incredibly sore anyways.
    lets face it. :D

4. Dei

Dei Member

I'd like to post what I read from jazzfanz, but its mostly DaDakota.

5. slickrick

slickrick Member

alot of ppl on psd seem to think we are no better than denver or utah but most of them are upset laker fans

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

Spurs fans are haters,

When we got Scola, "Scola is a bust".

When we got SF , "negates all positives of Scola accquiration."

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

that was really funny.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Their nuts are sore from Morey's boot in their crotch. The grapes of Rockets wrath, as it were. Sour describes the mood of Spurs fans as they watch the great power rising from down I-10. :cool:

9. Omer

Omer Member

Just read this on Mavs forum.

That's a bold statement, we've been thinking like that about the Mavs for a few years now.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30778

10. ice_berg_slim

ice_berg_slim Member

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Hopefully that "deepness" people are talking about is deepness inside the playoffs.. deep bench won't do us good if we get knocked out like the Mavs last season.

12. allforone

allforone Member

nice ...wish the mavs feel free to become a constant good-never-achieve team .

Why do i hate them..... :confused:

13. ice_berg_slim

ice_berg_slim Member

You missed this one:

indeed.

14. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

i was teasing my Spurs friend about the VSpan trade when it went down, and here's what he had to say:

"We don't want VSpan, we don't want Scola... we just want roster spots for Ian Mahinmi and our other Euros. Scola is a problem-child waiting to happen - a real locker room pleasure from what I hear, so have fun while he tears your team apart."

15. Possum

Possum Member

That contradicts everything that I have read about Scola. Youre friend is just bitter or doesnt really know what he is talking about.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I dont see ANY of these recent moves as a bad one AT ALL.

Other fans say "Francis will ruin chemistry...too many point guards, Scola will be a bust, they took Butler's contract, it's just summer ball....Brooks will come up short 'pun intended' he's wack."

I'd agree with everything if we gave up Battier for Scola...if Butler wasn't 22.....if we signed Francis to the full MLE ...and if Brooks was selected at the 15th pick of the draft.

Ask ANY Spurs, Mavs, Laker, Jazz fan...

would you trade....
    a retiring player, a 2nd rounder, and cash
    for
    argueably the best PF outside the NBA (Scola), young backup center (Butler), and the most feel-good story of the year (Francis)?

Tell those fans to keep in mind you might be able to get Haslem and Doleac or Jeff Foster for Rafer Alston and maybe Luther Head. Also, you can get an even BETTER 2nd rounder than the one you give up by trading Lucas III to New Orleans for their 2nd round pick.

I guarantee you, they'd be all over it.

To the media/fans that see the recent events as a negative, LOOK AT WHAT THE ROCKETS GAVE UP....
    I would trade my current car and cash for a used ferrari without the CARFAX report any day of the week!

What is there to worry about? If all are busts, they're contracts are easily moveable. Not too mention how deep the Rockets are now.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

18. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Those King fans are generally nice. Nice read and they know how good we are.

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

wow just looked at the kings boards. From what I saw, the kings have some very classy fans unlike some teams fans... cough...jazz....cough. (and Im not just saying that because they had positve things to say about the rockets) :)

20. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Come on guys, lets be real. Those guys are nice because we have no great rivalry with them. What if the Lakers were making all these moves, you think they would be this nice?