1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What age you first learned swear words

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by superfob, Apr 21, 2009.

1. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Branching off this thread:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=166894

As the title says, what age did you first learn how to swear/cuss. And if you remember, who did you learn it from?

Myself I learned around 7-8 from my older brother. I think I'm pretty insensitive to cussing in general.

2. droxford

droxford Member

I grew up around it my whole life (I'm now 40). Actually, only within the last 5 - 10 years has my dad backed off on it.

I love profanity.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

When I was in second grade I pointed at something with my middle finger. Some kid said he was going to tell the teacher what I did. I had no earthly idea what I had done wrong and I suspect it was 3 or 4 years before I found out. Of course, this was in the 1960s.

4. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

**** i dunno

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I actually don't swear. I never have. Every now and then, I'll type a few curse words, but that's it. I guess that's not very manly of me.

Funny story, though....

When I was young, for some reason, my favorite player (non-Astro) was David Justice. My brother's was Jose Canseco, and my dad's was Jeff Bagwell. So, I'm about 7, my brother's 9 or 10, and my sister's about 13. We're all sitting in the living room with m dad, and somehow a debate arises between who's favorite player is the best. My dad ends up saying that Canseco and Justice were pu**ies, and I shot back with, (as loud as I can) "NUH UH! JEFF BAGWELL IS A PU**Y!"

My dad was like, "What did you say, boy?"

That out the fear of God in me, because I had no idea what I had said. :D

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

some girl beat me at four square in 4th grade, and somehow I came up with the MFkr word even though I don't remember hearing it

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I was probably 6. My brother was a great influence on me. :(

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

4th grade i used to swear on the playground. that's about the best i can remember.. who knows who taught me. someone at school? hearing my brother more likely?

i'm just surprised that superfob started a random hangout thread.. must be more bored than ever

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think I pretty much always knew cuss words, since my dad used them regularly.

But it was in 4th grade I think before I actually used them. I remember a classmate telling me and a friend that "its ok to cuss, just don't do it in front of the teacher."

That was also the year I learned about that "special" thing a wife does to a husband with her mouth. heh. I was pretty shocked, I must say. What little I knew.

11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I'm putting off trying to self learn how to develop Sliverlight pages.

12. deepellumrocket

My Dad is a contractor/home builder and he tells a story about taking out me out on job site on a Saturday when I was 2 or 3. He was trying to fix something, hit his thumb with a hammer and let out an F-bomb. He didn't think I heard but a couple minutes later he heard me out in the yard saying "F--- f--- f---..." I was so young I don't even remember it having.

Past that, growing up around carpenters and construction workers, I heard more than my fair share of "colorful" language, to say the least.

13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I remember in the 2nd grade, after having seen "Smokey and the Bandit", I started sprinkling the s-word into some of my conversations with my friends.

But I'm pretty sure I was aware of them prior to that.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

7.. and i was intelligent enough to know.. not to spout them off either indirectly in the company of adults.. or directly to them.. and had a good grasp of the notion, "there is a time and a place"..

yes.. a seven year old is capable of hearing/learning/including swears in his little vocabularly.. while still maintaining a good sense of manners and etiquette..

unless of course.. you are or have.. a particularly.. slow child..

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When I was a newborn baby I pulled myself across the table.

16. no_answer

no_answer Member

I don't say cuss words, I just spell them out.

17. Trip

Trip Member

When I was 9 my dad asked me what swear words I knew, and then proceeded to teach me some.

Of course I'd learned some basic ones in school before then, but my dad teaching me to swear has always been a memorable event.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

ah.. that moestavern19 irrelevant humor..

no.. unlike mister Macbeth's self-deluded, aggrandizing tall-tales.. this is not only true.. but very achievable.. and quite within the realm of possibility..

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Around age 13-14.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

"**** it was hot in there."

1st minute.