1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western semis 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Jul 12, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR CHOICE
    Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

Howcansheslap
    pg:tiny archibald
    sg: jerry west
    sf: elgin baylor
    pf: elvin hayes
    C: george mikan

BENCH
    vernon maxwell
    alex english
    mark eaton

VS

Horry33

pg:Walt "Clyde" Frazier
    sg:Clyde "The Glide" Drexler
    sf:Julius "Dr.J" Earving
    pf:Wes "Outlet Pass" Unseld
    C: Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon

Bench:
    G;Earl "The Pearl" Monroe
    F:Chris "Mully" Mullin
    C:Dolph "The Horse" Shayes

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Frontcourt:

Baylor, Hayes, Mikan, English, and Eaton vs Erving, Unseld, Olajuwon, Mullin, and Schayes

At SF, we have Baylor and English versus Erving and Mullin. Can't call it either way...

At PF, Hayes vs Unseld... Hayes is the vastly superior talent, but the rich man's Chuck Hayes is no slouch.

At C, Olajuwon vs Mikan and Eaton. Eaton actually gave Hakeem some trouble, but Mikan will probably play the most.

Needs more...

Olajuwon versus Hayes - Olajuwon

Unseld vs Mikan/Eaton - Mikan/Eaton

Bigger advantage with Olajuwon, IMO, so...

Horry33

Backcourt:

Archibald, West, and Maxwell vs Frazier, Drexler, and Monroe

Again, don't see the need for Maxwell in this league and I'm a big fan of Frazier... This one is difficult based on starting backcourts, but Monroe tips this in favor of...

Horry33

Bench:

Maxwell, English, and Eaton vs Monroe, Mullin, and Schayes

Can't decide what to do with Maxwell and Schayes.

TIE

Offense:

Howcansheslap is obviously an old school offense and I do like it more with Eaton instead of Mikan. Horry33 cannot be the typical Hakeem offense, but it definitely has more options. Both teams have 4 players in their starting lineups that can go for 25 any night... Both teams have the capability to get a ton of fast break points a night... It's too tough to call:

TIE

Defense:

This one is much clearer: Horry33 has the better individual defenders and rebounders, and therefore has the better overall team defense.

Horry33

Team Chemistry:

If anything makes or breaks this aspect it's going to be pointguard play. With that in mind, Archibald and Frazier can get the ball to their teammates and take shots themselves if need be. Team chemistry not broken on either team... In the clutch, it's going to be West versus Erving and Dream and that dynamic is kinda troubling, so...

Howcansheslap barely.

WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES:

On second thought, howcansheslap has a better team, but so does Horry33. I see this series going down to the wire for 7 straight games with Horry33's advantage downlow proving too much for howcansheslap.

Horry33

3. RedNation

Howcansheslap
    pg:tiny archibald
    sg: jerry west
    sf: elgin baylor
    pf: elvin hayes
    C: george mikan

BENCH
    vernon maxwell
    alex english
    mark eaton

VS

Horry33

pg:Walt "Clyde" Frazier
    sg:Clyde "The Glide" Drexler
    sf:Julius "Dr.J" Earving
    pf:Wes "Outlet Pass" Unseld
    C: Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon

Bench:
    G;Earl "The Pearl" Monroe
    F:Chris "Mully" Mullin
    C:Dolph "The Horse" Shayes

FC: I think Horry's frontcourt is just too much for slap. Dream would destroy Mikan. I like Hayes over Unseld but the Dream advantage is just too much. Baylor and Dr.J- slight advantage to dr.J

Horry33

BC: Slap with the advantage. Tiny and West here. West would clearly be the go to scorer in clutch situations and would also do a good job slowing down drexler. Drexler's height might bother west but West's quick release would help him out.

howcansheslap

Bench:

Horry33 has the slight advantage here. Maxwell doesn't belong in the league.

Horry33

Offense:
    Archibald, West, Baylor, Hayes is just a little too much offensive firepower.

Howcansheslap

Defense:

Horry 33

Chemistry:
    Tie- both teams would have good chemistry.

Winner:

Close, but I have to go with Horry in 7

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC
    Horry33 - Dr.J and hakeem?? thats 2x as good as drexler and hakeem.. dayum!! baylor hayes and mikan is nice, just not enough...

Backcourt- Who has the better BC
    Horry33 - quik note: i see a 3 going bothways into front and back court... that being said i jus said imagine dr.j and hakeem was better than drexler and hakeem, remember? well WTF here he... i mean i see so much slashing PnR and high flying thats im salivating...tiny west and baylor is good, but not enough...

Bench- WHo has the better bench
    Horry33 - while i always loved maxwell and english is very nice i have to give the edge to the pearl mully and shayes....

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.
    Horry33 - ive already elaborated on my fantasies of seeing drexler, dr.j and hakeem playing together... simply fantastic...

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense
    Horry33 - dr.j had swarming D and hakeem's conquests are well documented around here... while howcanshesleep isnt lacking i just dont see as much defense coming from his team as horry's

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.
    Horry33 - drexler and hakeem won together = advantage... i see no problems with either team but the fact they played together gives me the deciding factor...

Horry33 in a sweep 4-0...

1 person likes this.
  5. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, Horry33 destroys

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Frontcourt....Hakeem....Horry33
    Backcourt....close but Howcansheslap
    Offence...Horry33 has a team built to score in a variety of ways. He wins.
    Defence...Horry33...Hakeem.
    Chemistry...Phi Slamma Jamma....Horry33
    Bench...vernon maxwell?...Horry33

Horry33 would win this in 5 games.

7. RedNation

Horry 33 wins and is moving on to the western conference finals. Will face either rednation or chinesetaco

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

what happened to detailed analysis and judgement...

pfft....

wheres my rep for puttin in effort when everyone else is limping to their judgement...

saad....

9. RedNation

You and me both. :eek:

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Sorry, only slept 3 hours last night.

11. VBG

VBG Member

I will put up a detailed explanation in the Western Finals. Here Horry33 just destroyed

12. RedNation

You didn't even vote on mine :(