1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western semis 1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Jul 12, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

STARTING THIS ROUND, PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR CHOICES

This is the first matchup of the wester conference semis
    Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

RedNation

pg: Magic Johnson
    sg: Tracy McGrady
    sf: Paul Pierce
    pf: Chris Webber
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar
    Bench
    G: Rajon Rondo
    F: Dale Ellis
    C: Ralph Sampson

VS

Chinesetaco
    Pg: Jason Kidd
    Sg: Michael Jordan
    Sf: Bernard King
    Pf: Kevin Love
    C: Dwight Howard

Bench:
    Artis Gilmore
    Adrian Dantley
    Baron Davis

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Frontcourt:

Pierce, Webber, Kareem, Ellis, and Sampson vs King, Love, Howard, Gilmore, and Dantley

At SF, King and Dantley are better than Pierce and Ellis.

At PF, Webber and Sampson are better than Love and Gilmore.

At C, Kareem and Sampson are better than Howard and Gilmore.

Overall, the SF advantage does not make up for the advantage at PF and C.

RedNation

Backcourt:

Magic, McGrady, and Rondo vs Kidd, Jordan, and Davis

At PG, Magic and Rondo take Kidd and Davis, but I really do like players like Kidd in this league.

At SG, Jordan over McGrady.

Too close to call right now...

Jordan vs Magic - Gotta give it to Jordan.

Kidd vs McGrady - Damn, this is so damn close; MVP statistics vs MVP impact... tie.

Rondo vs Davis - A PG like Davis probably is a sum loss in a league like this, Rondo.

Overall, still too close to cal:

TIE

Bench:

Rondo, Ellis, and Sampson vs Gilmore, Dantley, and Davis

RedNation's bench seems to make more sense for a league of stars: true PG, shooter, and versatile big. Chinesetaco does have the individual talent though with Gilmore, who is easily one of the top 16 centers ever, Dantley who replicates King's talents, and Davis.

On paper:

Chinesetaco

Offense:

New mindset: this is an all-time league, the player's CAN adjust their own mindsets according to the level of talent in the league, ie. players like Rondo, Ellis, and Dantley will understand that their best qualities, passing, shooting, and scoring are what their teams need of them and they understand that they can't be the focus of their teams because they ain't the top dogs anymore just like players like Chalmers, Sefolosha, and Terry do in the NBA today.

That said...

Both these teams have great offenses. RedNation only has one player in the starting lineup (Pierce) that isn't a great and willing passer and everyone can score. Chinesetaco's team will easily facilitate a Jordan and King heavy offense - both those guys can average 20 shots a game and not upset Kidd, Love, or Howard. RedNation's team definitely has more scoring options, but Chinesetaco's offense is clearly defined.

In the clutch, I envision Ellis playing for either McGrady or Pierce depending on how good they're playing to add a catch-and-shoot player; Gilmore should come in for Howard giving them a post option and better size matchup against Kareem. I like Jordan's team more in the clutch despite the greater range of options just because of Jordan.

Very close...

RedNation

Defense:

Individually, RedNation doesn't have any historically great defenders or rebounders besides Jabbar; Chinesetaco does have them in Kidd, Jordan, Howard, and Gilmore. How does that fit in a team concept? Well, Kidd and Jordan can slow down Magic and McGrady and the combination of Howard and Gilmore can do the same to Kareem. Chinesetaco takes the rebounding edgem, too.

Chinesetaco

Team Chemistry:

Taking in the new mindset that players intuitively fit themselves into the grooves they believe they belong in relative to their teammates, I don't see any chemistry issue on either team. Kareem would be the leader most of the time, but RedNation can theoritically have many leading scorers depending on the night, and I think all those players will be fine with that considering the fact that they're great passers. Jordan will always be Chinesetaco's leading scorer with King close behind; Kidd, Love, and Howard will get their open threes and garbage buckets; and guys like Dantley and Gilmore will get their opportunities as well. However, I do like that there won't be a question on Chinesetaco's team as to who will take over when someone needs to take over; that question will be difficult to answer on RedNation's team.

Chinesetaco

WHO WILL WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES:

Chinesetaco in 7 because they just don't have anyone to slow down Jordan and King and their big guys provide more defense and rebounding.

#2 JumpMan, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  3. RedNation

Wrong thread :grin:

4. Jamers

Jamers Member

LOL... wrong thread

5. JumpMan

6. RedNation

I vote for RedNation

7. JumpMan

I would probably vote for RedNation if I wrote that tomorrow and maybe Chinesetaco if I wrote that on Saturday. This is going down to the wire.

8. Jamers

Jamers Member

too tired from work today.. will write mine tomorrow. Leaning towards rednation though

9. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

RedNation. Last shot, MJ or The Truth? I'll take The Truth.

10. RedNation

Write it now! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. RedNation

I like your way of thinking :grin:

I'll take it

1-1

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

Lol.. That's a long explanation

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

RedNation - Jabbar and Webber is a fantastic mix and just way too much and way too over powering for a rather weak Dwight and Love frontcourt...Bernard and Pierce is close to a tie, i give the edge at the wing to RedNation and feel like Pierce meshes better with his team... i see no way how chinesetaco's front court competes...

RedNation - I consider the three to be a part of both the frontcourt and back court, so ill start by saying i value Pierce on his team more than i value King on his... Jordan is obviously the GOAT and kidd in his prime was very good and a good compliment to his airness... but i think magic deserves discussion for goat and would own kidd... also T-Mac despite our hatred and his injuries was a beast in his prime... jordan is obviously better but tmac would have been able to score with him and magic would own kidd...

RedNation - Rondo coming off the bench and essentially fills in the facilatator role perfectly for magic, along with sampson for for jabbar is very nice... i really like gilmore and dantley coming off the bench but i jus dont see why baron is in the goat's...

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.
    RedNation - Magic and Kareem along with tmac and pierce and even webber??? do i need to explain this???

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense
    chinesetaco - the team overall is much better defensively minded... kidd jordan king dwight and even love are good to great defenders and a very good rebounding team... tmacs d is under rated along with pierces and possibly magics... but its not as good as taco's...

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.
    RedNation - i dont see a problem with chemistry for either team but for some reason picturing magic and kareem together is the deciding factor...

RedNation in 5 games...

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

RedNation

pg: Magic Johnson
    sg: Tracy McGrady
    sf: Paul Pierce
    pf: Chris Webber
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar
    Bench
    G: Rajon Rondo
    F: Dale Ellis
    C: Ralph Sampson

VS

Chinesetaco
    Pg: Jason Kidd
    Sg: Michael Jordan
    Sf: Bernard King
    Pf: Kevin Love
    C: Dwight Howard

Bench:
    Artis Gilmore
    Adrian Dantley
    Baron Davis

Best frontcourt...RedNation
    Best Backcourt...if it were individual matchups, Jordan wins...but the best backcourt goes to RedNation...just.

Best overall offence...RedNation, Magic, Kareem, McGrady, The Truth & Webber all are offensive weapons.

Best Defence...CHINESETACO.

Best chemistry...again it goes to RedNation

Best bench....tie.

Winner in 7 games would be RedNation, Jordan keeping it close.

15. JumpMan

Think I gave Kidd and Gilmore more credit than most.

16. IzakDavid13

Kidd is awesome, but he is up against Magic in this matchup. Artis Gilmore was a beast, and an awesome shot blocker.

I personally would have Sampson starting ahead of Webber, but webber would fit in well because of his passing ability.

17. RedNation

:eek:

If jumpman voted for me, we could have had our wcf already.

Now I need 1 more vote

18. Jamers

Jamers Member

RedNation - and Love and Dwight is not close to their level yet. Probably in the next 3-4 years before we consider them winning against this matchup.

RedNation

Kidd, Jordan vs Magic, McGrady
    - Significant advantage here for chinesetaco. I love magic but he's up against jordan and KIDD.. I don't know why kidd is underrated on this board.

chinesetaco have an advantage here.

I like RedNation's bench more

Offense
    Pierce is the chemistry killer here. I mean Magic and McGrady - Jabar and Webber - they are very good passers/teammates. I'd rather put in the likes or Ron Artest or any defensive SF along with them. With those 4 guys around you, you don't need another scorer.

I'll still go with RedNation here..

Defense
    Chinesetaco have significant advantage. Jabbar is the only the high level defender in RedNation's team

Chinesetaco

Chemistry
    -chemistry, IMO, doesn't necessarily mean that they should play with each other. It's based on how the team offense will flow and making sure there are willing passers around a volume scorer like bryant, Wilkins, Jordan, etc.

I'll give very slight advantage to RedNation here.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

RedNation 4-2

19. IzakDavid13

RedNation wins series...4-1