1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook deserves more free throw attempts.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Mar 5, 2020.

1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Harden is getting to the line at a unprecedented rate

U want steak but don’t want to kill the cow

I am saying Russ needs to sell his fouls if he wants as many FTs as harden

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Me reading the thread title: Hmm, if this is an analytical thread it will be interesting.

Me reading the OP: Nevermind, I've seen this movie before.

hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess you need to bait somehow. "Westbrook thread" ok lets see. oh Harden and fchow :rolleyes:

Blurr#7 likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Athletes spend thousands of hours in-game. How representative do you think a specifically curated 2-minute highlight reel is? Consider that we could make a highlight reel that makes Ryan Anderson look like a dunk machine. We could also make highlight reels that expose Embiid for being a bigger pansy than Harden.

hakeem94, Blurr#7 and YOLO like this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Westbrook gets hit more than Harden. I mean it's so bad it's almost like what the other nba stars are saying about nor getting their fair share of calls James gets. Well ,Westbrook plays on the same team as James and he cant get the calls he rightfully deserves. Does anyone see this?

Rocks92 likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Westbrook is a speed demon and avoids contact.

Harden is a tank and welcomes it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I am saying that Harden has a lot of tricks up his sleeves as shown in video and Russ doesn't

Russ would need to incorporate this into his game if he wants to shoot as many FTs as Harden

8. Caprah

Caprah Member

I’ve come to the conclusion he has mental issues

9. alethios

alethios Member

Maybe James needs to teach Russ how to draw fouls. Russ' FTA are lower (6.5 per game), which is ironic considering his shot selection (more drives to the basket), whereas James is currently riding high at 11.5 FTA.

10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden relies on gimmicks. I am not surprised because Harden started out as a bench player with okc.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I noticed this before... he takes a lot of contact... seemingly on every play. That’s probably why he’s gone agro on the refs. I assert if they called fouls at the same clip as harden, he’d be scoring 40+ a game too. Then, they would have too many fouls and everyone will complain. Plus, Harden’s game and body movement causes people to reach. He’s always looking for that and 1. Russ looks to score and score fast. If he laid it out there for people to reach, he’d get the calls too.