1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

West All-Star Guard Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Freak, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Guards:

Kobe Bryant (LAL) 487,020
    Jason Kidd (Pho) 315,626
    Gary Payton (Sea) 223,233
    Jason Williams (Sac) 186,122
    Steve Francis (Hou) 151,330
    John Stockton (Uta) 103,992
    Anfernee Hardaway (Pho) 101,903
    Derek Anderson (SA) 100,078
    Michael Finley (Dal) 85,423
    Avery Johnson (SA) 80,798

2. Scarsdale

Scarsdale Member

Jason Williams sucks

------------------

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I wish our PG sucked and we were fighting for the top spot in the west too!

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I know ya'll don't want to see J. Williams in the allstar game instead of Francis!!

Go vote!!
    http://nba.com/#ballot

------------------
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

5. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Guys,

It doesnt really matter. Even if Francis gets more votes than Williams, he'd still have to overcome Payton. this all-star ballot is for the starters only. The NBA coaches will choose the reserves for the all-star game.

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

6. Summer Song Giver

But I already voted [​IMG]

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You have to admit that Finley gets no respect.

8. wink3

wink3 Member

You don't have to vote for another guard etiher. Just put one vote in for Francis and you're ballot is still valid

9. Thanos

Thanos Member

Unbelievable how NO ONE seems to care about Finley.

It must drive Cuban mad as hell. His franchise player is nowhere near as popular as he should be.

But he WILL be at the all-star game. And Francis won´t.

Kidd, Payton, Kobe and Finley.

Bet on it.

I wonder if ´Reef will be there. He sure is deserving.

------------------
    "I have posted so much that what I say must be true"

10. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Ouch, Thanos. I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Finley AND FRANCIS will be going to the all star game. 5 guards, 5 forwards, and 2 centers. Maybe they will add a 6th forward and just bring shaq. How can you say that francis is not a top 5 guard in the west. Payton, Kidd, Bryant, Finley and FRANCIS are the class of guards in the west and all will make the all star team. Aak dallas fans about the all star voting and they will complain about other players in front of Fin' in the all star voting but NEVER steve francis. PLEASE tell me what 5th guard in the west is more deserving. If you tell me Steve Nash or nick van exel Ill smack you.No respect my ass, Finley gets all the respect he deserves. Mike's low all star vote numbers dont equate to no respect.I'll add this in again, 5 GUARDS GET IN,NOT 4!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited January 09, 2001).]

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

Ooops, my mistake. Of course i agree that Francis SHOULD go in. My brain really isn´t working properly today, it seems. 5 guards, allright.

I hope you´re right and Francis is at the All-Star game.

I won´t mention Van-x (no chance) Nash (unlikely) but Stockton on the other hand... I wouldn´t choose him, but it´s not my decision to make.

Oh, and what i meant by a lack of respect for Finley is that he isn´t a popular player at all. No one outside of Dallas seems to like the guy.

------------------
    "I have posted so much that what I say must be true"

[This message has been edited by Thanos (edited January 09, 2001).]

12. Steve_Francis_rules

It's ridiculous that penny hardaway is that high when he hasn't even played this year. Even when he's played the last few years, he hasn't been all-star caliber.

------------------

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I would have to say that Francis makes it this year. The NBA is a business. Francis is a star. He's in. Stockton is a legend. He's in. The remaining three are a given. Williams and finley will be watching from their sofa, eating doritioes, and dreaming of the doritoe's girl.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

14. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Another problem is there is alot of good forwards. At center Shaq will start and probably D-Rob as a backup. Forwards are Duncan, Garnett, C-Webb, are all certains and I would guess Sheed is in as well. At the guards Payton, Kidd & Bryant are all cetains. That leaves 3 spots with alot of quality players.
    Plus I think Cato is a lock as well [​IMG] so there may only be 2 spots left!

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Im a big Michael Finley Backer , Jason Williams doesn't deserve to get into the All star Game , Chris Webber DOES over Tim Duncan , I heard you can clear your dots after you vote and keep voting all the time , Thats what a few people said on the radio last night after the Kings-Twolves Game .

------------------
    "Its a good thing they don't make posters of European players"

-Walt Williams after getting "posterized" by Zan Tabak .

16. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Stockton wont get in. If he does, it's a crime because he's not a great point guard anymore, not even a really good point guard, just a sold point guard. I would rate Steve Nash and Terrell Brandon ahead of him. Even if he did get voted in by the coaches, Im not sure he would even go. Might wanna get some rest

------------------

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Man I hate that dude [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

18. wink3

wink3 Member

Hopefully tonight's game should catch some voter's attention, nationally, having Francis out-do the Fans most popular player(Carter) in every statistical category.

------------------
    "Cuttino is all heart, and no brain. It just occurs to me that he is the Scare Crow from the Wizard of Oz."- a wise observation from Dadakota

19. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Damn [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I know Finley is listed as a guard on the all star ballot but I have a real problem selecting someone as a guard when they have played almost the intire season as a small forward...which by the way is his natural position. He will not be voted in so if the coaches select him then it should be as a small forward.

There is no question Steve Francis should be there.

The All Star guards should be...IMHO...
    Kobe Bryant
    Jason Kidd
    Gary Payton
    Steve Francis
    Steve Nash...Thats right Steve Nash, he is one of the main reasons Dallas is where they are. Just check out his numbers. And yes I know it looks like an overload of point guards but Francis can play the two better than any other two in the west except Kobe.

------------------