1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're gonna be great, no worries....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I doubt it... everyone in the division got better/younger and we unfortunately got older.

Even if we win 6 games as you predict..... what guarantee do we have that CP3 stays? If he doesn't sign an extension next summer the banana boat is almost complete (Melo leaves OKC) and Paul will follow suit (since PG would be their biggest NEED). We for certain get nothing for essentially 5 first round picks.

Also even if we re-sign him to the super max (since we have his bird right) is a 33 year old injury plagued CP3 really worth that that much?

2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Morey should buy those glasses for Ryno and make him think he's on the road in another arena.
    [​IMG]

3. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Who else think Harden may become scoring champ next season? Dude was #2 playing pg last season.
    Now he will be playing with the best pure point guard out there. So he will have a lot more open looks compared to last year, he will also flop less due to rule change(less fake misses) so his shooting % will definitly be higher too.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

All those teams, they never had defensive guru's and a upcoming center who can really play good. (Yao) Cough , but yao was injured all the way...

Im gonna say this.. tmac is not as good as harden.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The character on the left gotta be Rocket right?
    Pls advise

rockpileindisma likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol all your points are wrong.

1. Everyone in the dev got better/younger we only got older
    You don't think adding cp3, tarik black, luc mbah amoute and pj tucker is not getting better?

2. What guarantee do we have that Cp3 stays
    He can leave I thought you said he was old? He would free up max salary which we can sign another star you act like nobody wants to come to houston wtf. How do you even know Lebron stayd in cleveland and doesn't go to houston instead? Also we did not give up 5 1st round picks for Cp3 we only gave up a pick and Beverly. The rest of the players in that trade are nobodies and I would trade those for Tucker, Black and Luc Mbah a Moute. No matter what happens we have Harden for 6 years, thats way better than OKC who can have all their stars leave after 1 year wtf

3. Cp3 isn't eligible for the super max we are already his 3rd team. Why dont you look uo for the requirements for the super max first?

Red Chocolate likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we would have won the whole thing if Tmac didn't get injured that season, Tmac, Artesticles and Yao was the last big three we had. In hindsight that team was stacked at every position

Red Chocolate likes this.
  8. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

GSW has a dynasty and in order to combat that we had to revamp the lineup which I think the front office did an outstanding job of. This is our "all in" season as we're the 2nd best team in the league going into the season, and worst case top 4. This team is built to play 48 minutes of relentless high efficiency offense with what should be at least above average defense that is geared heavily towards containing versatile wings, which is important vs GSW. This is a team that should win 56 games without having to give any starter absurd minutes the way we did last season, thus keeping us fresher for the playoffs.

ElDobleK, Chanmarr and roslolian like this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Plowman threads are some of my very favorite clutchfans threads. Really knows how to channel that inspiration!

I view this as an extension of his thread that he started in the POs last year about the kind of player harden was developing into

Plowman likes this.
  10. Progs

Progs Member

Love the enthusiasm @Plowman I agree.

Plowman likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I want to say something but I am going to refrain knowing the OP

Cheers

12. Progs

Progs Member

Good. Sometimes the best thing is to just keep things to yourself.

13. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I like how Capela has bulked up a little. I know he's going to catch numerous lobs. I want to see if he's going to be that defensive anchor that the Rockets need. I am also very interested to see if Zhou Qi gets some burn in the regular season. he looks pretty smart with his defensive rotations during scrimmage. Also it seems like Paul is making it known he is the alpha which is what this team needs.