1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well we know where the Palestinians stand. . .

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocksMillenium, Sep 11, 2001.

1. haven

haven Member

I don't think most Palestinian's feel this way. The article called several of these people "Palestinian gunmen." I'm sure you can find plenty who feel that way. And more that don't.

I just don't want to see generalizing of comments like that result in more hatred.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

DaDakota,

It's due to tragedies like the one today that I can see why so many people are atheists. It really makes it hard to figure out a justification of something that is so senseless.

For the record, this tragedy is not going to change me from being a Christian to an atheist; however, I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I just find it hard to understand the reasoning behind this senseless violence.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

These ignorant DUMB ****S celebrating in the streets give all Muslims a bad name! :mad: :(

US needs to react swiftly to punish whoever is responsible for this tragedy. Fox News had an unofficial estimation of the death toll being around 10,000 people.

I dont know what to say. I am a Muslim and I am extremely pissed at the people who are behind these types of attacks. What the hell is going to be proved by killing 10000 innocent people?!?!?! I cant believe these people think that Allah would be proud of these awful acts.

Palestinians are uneducated and I dont think they should be punished. Punishing innocent people for their ignorance will not solve anything. However I believe we should bomb the **** out of military stations in Afghanistan. Get rid of Saddam and any world leaders that remotely support any types of terrorist acts.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Amen brother !!! Amen.

Manny,

Now you are talking about faith.

DaDakota

5. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

If the Palestinian and Afghan governments will not control the rogue elements operating under their auspicies, then all hell will and should rain down upon them.

We have no choice; otherwise this will happen again and again.

When governments act irresponsibly, innocent people are sure to get killed. How much do they treasure their citizenry versus how much do they wish to bring down America?

The choice is theirs.

6. hitman21

hitman21 Member

I agree. Action must be taken. If we don't react to this, what will we react too? Something has to be done.

7. haven

haven Member

The US couldn't prevent the Oklahoma City bombing. They couldn't prevent worse. If they didn't want this to happen, then we should cooperate, not be hostile.

Don't you see that hostility will just make all this worse? Catch the perpetrator. But don't make matters worse.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I saw men, women, and children of any age dancing and eating cake or whatever. Those people are sick.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Do you know what cooperating got the US? The US tried to work a peace agreement between the Palestitians, and they celebrated in the streets after thousands of Americans were killed. The U.S. tried to peacefully co-exist with Saddam, and he attack countries. The US tried to cooperate with Germany and Hitler almost took over the world. When you have nutcases, do you think they actually listen to reason?

10. Thanos

Thanos Member

You are right, they are, but not as you perceive them to be.

Imagine hearing the same thing since day one of your life, without having any other sources of information whatsoever.

Imagine being cursed with the disgrace of having no land... and seeing the US (as they are) as the best buddy of your oppressor (Israel) , the one who stole your rightful land in the 20th century.

Things aren't as black and white as they seem.

You would hate too. Not that's justified. Hatred never is.

I shared more of my thoughts on the issue in another thread, by rimbaud.

11. gr8-1

12. SlamN

SlamN Member

So what are terrorists? They obviously don't realize the US (and other free nations) can easily wipe them off the face of the earth. We, however, do not think like them and are a bit more tolerating when it comes to different religions and cultures. So how do you deal with people like this? Violence is a way of life for them and talking obviously doesn't work either. Only way is to destroy them from within...

Sad to see children acting the way they did in the clips of Palestine.

13. DaDakota

Unbelievable,

I guess Egypt doesn't remember that if it were not for the US and England during WW2, they would be under GERMAN rule.

Pathetic....I am getting more depressed as I see this potentially leading to a HUGE war, and in war, there are NO winners, only losers.

I want the people who did this to be punished, I want governments that harbor terrorists to be overthrown, I don't want WW3.

:(

DaDakota

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

haven,
    Hostility will make it worse? What are we suppose to do? it seems like every idea that anyone has come up with on this bbs you have said" no,no, don't blame them, no, no its not that country's fault, no,no you are overreacting" it is sounding like you just want to go up to the culprits and calmly ask them to give themselves up. then give them a slap on the wrist...or god forbid...some community service and tell them not to do it again.
    cmon man! since you are so against all this action what do you think we SHOULD do? re-educate them? they want to kill over 10,000 innocent people and then celebrate in the streets, and you say they shouldn't be touched? you think all these people that hate us so much are just going to forget about us after we do kill who is responsible for this? they(the people that cheered for this terrorism) are a spawning ground for more terrorist activity aren't they? or as they grow up are they going to learn to love us? you sound like you are trying so hard to be the "voice of reason" but you have no solution to this, instead you are just downing everyone else for being angry.

15. gr8-1

Bottom line is, our apparent support for Israel (although we just wanted stability) is rubbing alot of Muslims the wrong way, no matter where they live. I'm not an expert on religion, but do alot of Egyptians practice the Islamic faith?

16. treeman

treeman Member

Reading this thread, I've come to the understanding that many of you guys didn't pay attention in your world history courses in college, so I'm going to enlighten you (those of you who need/want to understand what's going on) with a little modern history:

The state of Israel was created in 1948 as a result of the first declaration of the United Nations, at the urging of Britian (who had issued the Balfour Declaration in the '20s, which designated that the Zionists, or Jews seeking an Israeli state in Palestine, be allowed to have a state). The UN chose the second most dangerous place in the world for Jews at the time - Palestine, the Jews having just come from the most dangerous place in the world, Nazi Germany.

There have always been Jews in Palestine, but they were a minority until 1948. Before that they lived in Kibbutzes (little fortress-like towns), and had always had to fend off attacks by Arabs who wanted their water, land, women, money, food, etc. Mostly water.

Well, when 1948 rolls around and all these European Jews arrive in Palestine, the various Arab states decided that they didn't like the idea and immediately declared war on the newly declared Jewish state. Israel had no army, but it had the Haganah (Kibbutz defenders who excelled at guerilla tactics) and many veterans who had recently fought in WWII. But they had no weapons...

So the US comes in and gives the new Israeli Defense Forces some surplus WWII weapons, and a long history of arms supply to Israel is begun. The Jews won that war, and got to create their state. The various Arab states vowed to destroy Israel one day.

In 1956 Egypt, Saudi, Syria, Iraq, and Jordan again attacked Israel, hoping that the support from the Soviet Union they were getting would be enough to get them over the top this time. They were wrong. The US and Britian had recently built the Suez Canal, and wanted to protect it from Soviet domination, and again supported Israel. The Arabs lost again.

In 1967 the Arabs again massed for an attack, but the Israelis found out about the deployment and launched their own preemptive counterattack. This war took only 6 days, and until Desert Storm was the most successful war in mideast history. The Israelis captured alot of territory - the Gaza Strip from the Egyptians, the West Bank (Jerusalem) from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria. It is this territory that is currently being fought over with the Palestinian intifada (uprising).

In 1973 the Arabs attacked again, and Israel almost lost. The Israelis even armed their fighter-bombers with nukes, but they beat back the ground assault before they had to use them. But they nearly nuked the Arabs. Ever since then, no one has wanted to attack the Israelis militarily. (the Israelis have about 100 +/- nukes)

In 1982 Israel invaded southern Lebanon because Islamic militants were launching terrorist attacks into Israel from that crumbling state, and that has set the tone for the last 20 years. No one will attack the Israelis militarily, because they have one of the finest armies in the world. But the various Palestinian organizations (Hamas, PFLP, PLO/Fatah) and their support groups (namely Hizbollah) have become adept at terror tactics...

Last year, before Sharon was elected as Prime Minister of Israel, the Israelis had agreed to give back the occupied territories and allow the Palestinians to create their own state. The Palestianians responded with more terrorist attacks, and here we are...

History lesson over, so on to current matters: we have recently begun to remove our support for the IDF/Israel, but this attack will change all of that. They have always thought (rightly) that we are what's preventing them from destroying Israel, because of our military aid to that country. We've also prevented the Israelis from committing genocide against them. But the scenes of them dancing in the streets...

They have lost all support that we were in the process of giving them. If you've been watching the news, you'll remember how Yassir Arafat's face was ghost white and he was shaking - he knows what's about to happen, and he's scared sh*tless. The Israelis can now kill as many Palestinians as they want, and we don't care - we've got other things to worry about farther east, in Afghanistan.

#36 treeman, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2001
  17. DaDakota

Treeman,

If I am not mistaken there has not been a Palastinian country for thousands of years, correct?

And a lot of the middle east was created after WW2, the country lines etc..? Correct?

Thanks,

DaDakota

18. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Treeman,

Thanks for the history lesson. I must admit and the time it didn't seem too important to a kid living during US peacetime.

I still have to think this was there own act of pride. This wasn't to get us to change or see thier point. Did they really think this would bring about a good change for them? Less $ and support to Isreal? I see a 2...no 3 fold increase in $ and support to Isreal with sympathy to commit any kind of agression Isreal wants.

There can be only one response us. One that not only insures that they won't do it again, but others would see this as a total country suicide. If they want to pay that price... then go ahead. I say total inialation of "them" and ALL countries that harbor "them". Afgahnistan, Syria, Sudan, Iraq, West Bank - whoever. This could be WW3 and they have indicated that more than 1 country is involved and more than 1 country will be dealt with.

19. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Yee-hoo! treeman's a diplomat too. While he's killing the Muslim in Afghanistan, perhaps Pakistan will blow India off the face of the earth, India will of course blow Pakistan off the face of the earth, China will just love nuclear arsenals being unloaded in their hemisphere, the monsoons will carry all of the ****ing nuclear fallout to East Africa and eolian effects will shower the Southeastern US w/ pretty clouds. One big pretty system.

Go get 'im treeman! :eek:

20. DaDakota

Achebe,

Step away from the crack pipe.

You are more paranoid then Fox Mulder.

We are going to war, but if you think it will escalate to that level, I think you are wrong.

DaDakota