1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

well, I know at least one Rocket who's about to play great...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Feb 2, 2001.

1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Walt Williams! If the Rockets lose consistently from here on out and secure a lottery place, the Wizard should errupt with consistancy once we're safely in the crapper. It'll be good to see the ol' Wiz playing well again. Perhaps he'll secure himself a spot on next year's roster!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!! SOMEBODY KILL HIM!!!!

------------------

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. lol!

And I wanted to make sure you didn't think you killed your own thread [​IMG]

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think you are 100% on the money. Once the playoff race is over Im expecting a huge run from Walt and the rockets to secure that 13th spot in the lottery. They'll be free stoking it.

------------------

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Deja vu?

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

5. treeman

treeman Member

The implication being that Walt's either consciously or not throwing games until we tank?

Before Miami he had a coupla 4-trey games. I seriously doubt it's a conscious effort...

------------------

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I think the implication is that when the games are meaningful, Walt gets all choked up.

------------------

7. Live

Live Member

It'll be Kelvin Cato. He tends to rise to the occasion with the trade winds blowing and give just enough effort to make the Rockets pause on trade talks.

Just like preseason '99.

------------------
    All-time Rockets "Greats":
    PG - "Steady" Dirk Minniefield
    SG - "Slick" Dave Jamerson
    SF - "Slim" John Turner
    PF - "The Rock" Kelvin Cato
    C - "Mr. Mean" Joe B Carroll

8. treeman

treeman Member

Meaningful? You mean Western Conference games? I thought the Charlotte game was meaningful, but that one turned out to be meaningless - because of last night.

I'd be inclined to think that only the West mattered, if we weren't playing mostly East from here on out. Maybe we can still get enough above .500... 6 or 7 games, and if Denver falls... Then I'll worry about the West - the meaningful games.

------------------