1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should go after Delonte West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Prince

Prince Member

he's a true team player and he's never shy to take his teamwork abilities to the next level so to speak.

2. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

Better have my DO nuts

3. pass_to_Hakeem

GOD NO!!!!

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Delonte is a pretty good player, much better than some of yall are giving him credit for. once again, it's hard to argue with those who only watch rockets' games and read the espn/nba headlines.

5. Houston288South

^^^^
    THIS

AND

ALSO, THE DO NOT WANT PICTURE WITH THE DOG!

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Are you LeBrons mom?

7. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

No, no we shouldn't get Delonte West.

8. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

To work at a Houston area Home Depot? YES

To play PG for the Rox? HELL NO

9. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

I personally think we should sign Shannon Brown.

10. jboger

jboger Member

We still have toney Douglas

11. Houston288South

Not a bad idea. We need a little more athleticism in our guard positions if we don't retain Lee.

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

he would be a ry nice pickup, great defensive guard, can defend the 1 or 2.. could play him at the 1 and take pressure of Lambs' impending defensive defencies as he grows into his frame

13. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

My thoughts exactly. Dude really has worked on his shot and can knock down the 3 regularly. Not too mention I wanna say he has the highest vertical in the NBA, pretty sure anyway. Hes very athletic and I think could really help us. Esp since I see us being a very up tempo team, he would fit in that mold.

14. Jamers

Jamers Member

This move might put Jeremy Lin's mom in danger..

15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

that's honestly our last priority. If we don't land Howard then what's the point of signing a guy with no potential who doesn't even bring in a good veteran presence? If we do land a superstar like Howard and look to contend this coming season then you talk about signing vets like Delonte to fill out holes on the roster. Even so, are we really convinced Toney Douglas and Shaun Livingston are so bad we need another PG? Looking at our roster today I'd think SG would be more pressing if Martin and/or Lamb is traded away.

16. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

Reason I say bring in Shannon Brown. Id personally rather us only have 1 PG(lin) anyway. That way when he is out we can play a big lineup and run white at point, really create matchup problems.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Can we get Delonte, JeVale AND Blatche? And maybe get Lin to hook us up with a Harvard-trained psychiatrist?

18. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

Woah, woah, take it easy. You can't bust on West until you've really taken a walk in his shoes, by watching this video. Then bust on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA00Fngvmg

I love it. This video is part of what made me a West fan. It's a little slow at first but gets good. Also, I really like the way he plays. If we had 6 guys in our rotation and needed a 7th, I'd be all for getting West; I think he's really good. But the only thing is, we need 6 other guys first, and right now we only have three. Everything else is in flux. And two of our starters (Martin and - sigh - Parsons) are trade bait. Seriously though, West's game has a lot going for it. It's just the right time to sign a backup/5th starter.

19. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

And when I say it gets good I mean it gets enjoyable. Slick Rick he isn't.

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

There is a reason two championship caliber teams let him go.