1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we need to trade mobley now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jay_09, Nov 15, 2003.

1. jay_09

jay_09 Contributing Member

cuttino mobley is a cance to the rockets team chemistry, when ever he is in the game the offense is stagnated, and dull. when ever he is subsituted for, i see much more ball movement yoa gets more involved, and the offense is flowing much better. the rockets need to trade hime now while he has some value left( his play has been bad the last couple of games). Yao and steve can very much coexist, it is cuttino who cannot. It would be crazy to trade a franchise center. Cato can not be the center (see past 3 years) is an excellent compliment to yao. Put this on record Mobley needs to go.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

bye jay_09.. its nice knowing you. i guess this will be your last post.. so, good luck..

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...50 post minimum for starting a new thread...?

5. jodete

jodete Member

Mobley is actually a candidate for the all-star.
    He has improved really.
    Great defense, a better shot selection, very good %, 8 assists yesterday and a dangerous player for the opponent. Always.
    He's a nightmare for the rivals.
    If he must be traded, then actually all players must be traded.
    I have no dudes now. He's an all-star player.
    Maybe this year with the rockets on TV and playing well, with good %, and the team on the top of the Midwest, coaches can give him the oportunity.
    Maybe this year Cut, Francis and Yao on the all-star???

6. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

8 assists and he's a cancer that stagnates the offense. Ok.

8. tannersearle78

Keep Cat. This isn't Rudy T's team anymore. Cat will do whatever Van Gundy asks of him. When the Cat missed all those shots last night, Van Gundy told him that he would call all the shots for the rest of the game and that Cat should just worry about making plays--so Cat went out and made 8 assists, couple of them to Yao for some key baskets. If Van Gundy can get the Cat to do this in a close game against a good team, then it means that Cat is very workable,a nd aggreable to play whatever way that fits the needs of the team in whatever situation.

Cat is valuable, and he also is a deal. He could be making a lot more money for other teams, but the Cat also loves Houston and the Rockets. His heart is in the right place, and his attitude is as well--even though his shots always aren't.

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Cat has got more heart than anyone else on this team. And he is just a notch below all star level right now.

Trading him would be a big mistake.

10. stubbyc

stubbyc Member

Actually, Mobley has been a lot more efficient this year. He has had a much better shot selection and he understands better that the offense needs to run more around Yao. If anyone needs to go its Moochie, but since no one will pick up his bloated contract it looks like he is staying too.

11. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

One week ago I would agree with you 100%. But now I think Cat is a smart player who is willing to learn and quick to adapt to the new system. Better than SF. He at least has a modest heart. ;)

12. sweetie

sweetie Member

whats funny is that if the game was turned just 5 points and the suns won,then there would be about 10 threads requesting trading mobley and everyone would agree.

Just because the rockets barely squeeked out a win doesnt mean you dont try to upgrade the team.

And yes,mobley should be traded. Just watch the dallas game. Man that exposed him bad. Finley schooled him. It was embaressing.

And for posters saying the thread starter should be banned,just make no sense. He didnt use any curse words or make threats,and yet gets bashed for posting an honest opinion which would in fact help the rockets.

micheal redd
    tj ford
    sar
    ray allen
    crawford
    alvin williams

These guys are the guys mobley should be traded for . You cant say that other teams wouldnt do it,because dont you think the bucks would have taken mobley last year for redd? Yes they would but now they wouldnt. Why? Because the rockets waited till the window was lost and redd finally showed the world what he can do. You have to trade players when they are doing good before their real game comes out. Its only a matter of time before the rockets start losing(this road trip) and everyone sees the old cat again being selfish and then request him traded. But yet its only after he plays bad for a few games. But then why would other teams want him if he starts playing bad? See,thats why you have to trade good players some times.

Its like good players arent for all systems. Mobley and possibly steve arent good for this system,so its only a matter of time before the truth comes out when the schedule gets rougher.

Steve Kerr said it best. He said STeve is more like allen iverson and we should have a tall pg like snow to play with him (crawford/alvin williams) and then Kerr said Francis is a terrible spot up shooter and hes right. With Ming kicking it out to an open francis ,francis cant shoot well at all. Notice the only time Francis can hit outside shots is when he dribbles a couple of times for his rythum. Its this dribbling that makes him a street player and not an efficient player. Nash schooled him also.

13. story_teller

story_teller Member

*lol* Did you even watch the game? Kerr didn't say Francis was a horrible spot-up shooter. He said Francis is just so used to getting his shots off the dribble that in order to help Yao more when teams double him he needs to learn to shoot on the spot more. He didn't say Steve was incapable of doing this.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

dude just ignore sweetie, it's not even worth getting into; classic mad yao disease.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Sam, try not to be so condescending ok? What part of Sweetie's post said anything about Yao? Sweetie made a decent post that clearly stated what she thought. Just because she thinks Francis is not a good spot up shooter doesnt mean that she has "mad yao disease". give it up, not everyone who has something bad to say about a Rocket is a Yao lover. When you go off the deepend and call people labels, you're just as bad as those people you supposedly dislke so much about the BBS. Do I have Mad Yao disease because I defend someone that you just label as a Yao only fan? Get off your high horse.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

On another note. Can we stop with the trade Mobley threads? First fo all there's like 20 of them cluttering up the place, secondly, I think Cat is a good player who, though at times has problems especially when it comes to freelancing, will be a good fit for the Franchise-Yao show eventually. So lets stop playing rotisserie basketball and try to watch and enjoy this team that obviously is gonna be real special in a year or two.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

jay_09 is a cance [sic] to the Clutch BBS chemistry, he comes into the game and with his 2nd post jacks up an absurd thread and the BBS is stagnated, and dull.

18. MONON

MONON Member

Let's see now. In this thread, Sweetie thinks Steve's not a good spot up shooter & Cat should be traded. In the thread I just came from, she said Cato sucks! Now in my book, she's 3/4 of the way to "mad yao disease"! I think I'll start a thread about JJ to see if she has the full blown disease!! :D :D

19. danjojo

danjojo Member

This is funny...really...who's next on the trade list ? i think we've gone through everyone on the team this year already

20. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Hey, I'm just waiting for the day that someone starts the "PATRICK EWING NEEDS TO COME OUT OF RETIREMENT" thread. That'll truly be a sad day for CF.net.