1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just have to admit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by biff17, May 3, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

The Warriors are just a better team than us.

I am still extremely proud of this team and will continue to root for them but the Warriors have assembled one of the best teams in terms of talent and fit.

I am sick of the the arguments and narratives that this is a referendum on Harden, Morey and Dantoni the fact that we should have won last year and have played them close this year is a testament to the above named 3.

What I really can't understand is why are Hardens playoff numbers under a microscope yet Curry's are not, his numbers drop in the playoffs as well and he has far less of a burden.

I am not counting us out because we are still Clutch City but the fact remains we are playing a historic team and I am glad we went all in trying to beat them.

I have no doubt KD is the only reason we are at a disadvantage,it will be interesting once he leaves for NY.

Go Rockets.

Come at me bro!

bballjunkie and Cuongzilla like this.
  2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

We would have won that series last year. So would I say better team? Not necessarily. More talent? Sure.

By the way, Steph doesn’t get any scrutiny because his team has dominated. They have so much talent that his numbers can dip, and nobody cares. Harden is the superstar on this team. Sorry, CP3, but Harden is the main guy. So he is scrutinized (especially since we haven’t gotten over the hump). If we had won two titles, nobody would say anything about his postseason numbers (which aside from shooting percentages and TO are still quite good).

Anyway, let’s change the narrative. They took of business at home, like they were supposed to. Now it’s our turn. We haven’t lost anything yet

Cstyle42, s3ts, Voltik and 1 other person like this.
  3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Enough with this fatalism. The Rockets can beat this team and we should expect no less.

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Talent wise they should be a better team than us. They have superstar players taking massive paycuts. 100% they should have more talent than us and any other team in the league. GSW kind of broke the NBA in that regard.

Our only hope is good analytics to close the talent gap as much as possible combined with a new untested off the wall strategy combined with pressure on the referee's to call things on the GSW's that they notoriously get away with (such as moving screens) which in return buys real-estate in their heads and throws them off their game.

Those 3 things combined going our way can possibly lead us to pulling 4 wins out and winning the series. It's a longshot, but it's a shot only the Rockets have.

or we can poison the GSW's food & get some of their players sick pre-game....;) though I doubt that'd work as the GSW are well aware of that tactic since they ~Puts on Tinfoil hat~ MDA, Capela, and Rivers getting sick was no accident-:eek:

#4 Realjad, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. LUK3

LUK3 Member

good points. but...

GTFO

BMoney, topfive, biff17 and 2 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont have to accept anything until they beat us 4 times.

7. 523744

523744 Member

"...they ain't even that good"

LUK3, Severe Rockets Fan and juanm34 like this.
  8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

KD will stay with the Warriors. He cannot lead a team and he knows it. Fake tough guy of the century.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What would people said if the rockets had won g1? That was probably their best chance winning on the road, but let’s not rule them out so early. Take care of busn at home and it becomes best of 3. Don’t see the rockets winning 3 in a road against this team, but g7... that would be sweet payback. Just take care of the next 2 first.

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’ll admit it.........
    The worriers are worried!!!!!!

topfive likes this.
  11. Voltik

Voltik Member

I will reluctantly say that the Worriers were better than us the previous years before last year, however, since last year with Paul and Tucker we are the better team with less superstar talent. The role players Faried and House need heart and experience in the playoffs and have yet to show up for this series, hopefully they play well at home or else they need heart surgery and a time machine.

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if Rivers played, Capela wasn’t sick, or refs made few calls in Game 1.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We need to focus on winning the next 2.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

I agree, I hope they can do just that.

Rockets have more heart and grit but they have more talent.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It could be a referendum on DM. On paper in the second round of the playoffs Rockets are talent deficient. They have less talent than the Sixers, Raptors, Bucks and GSW for sure.

It could be a referendum on Harden. His playoff numbers are down. Again. A lot. Playing teams better than you or not. One day, one year, you’re going to have to step up.

It could be a referendum on MDA. He’s struggled again with the right rotation last at the right times and shortening of his bench. He’s struggled again with day off adjustments, scheming and planning.

You could fix all of the above and still lose. GSW haven’t come close to hitting full gear against these Rockets or in these playoffs. Which is good for them because whomever comes out of the East is likely to be their hardest opponent this year for a change.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has been said numerous times in here, but we should be DEFENDING OUR NBA TITLE. And, as sure as game 7 was stolen from us, so was game 1. We should be tied at one apiece.
    Without Cousins, GS is not better than us. Au contraire, they've been the beneficiaries of gross League manipulation.
    You seem nice enough, but.....
    Get that weak $hit outta here....go lay down somewhere else. This is what we've all waited a year for.
    So, hold the line..and..
    Go Rockets!

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right on.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What we also have to admit is this NBA league is pure entertainment and rigged. Giannis is NBA made future star.

Emanuele Braghetti and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

We’d be wiping the floor with them if we had a player like JaMychal Green to play stretch 5 instead of Capela. Very hard to counter their death lineup with a non shooting centre when they took away our lobs to Capela. Harden would have so much space to drive to the rim all day long.

But I still think we can win next 2. Harden should really try going to the rim more Draymond ain’t Gobert. Especially when they are so afraid of the step back 3.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While we are at it, let's call this society unfair otherwise we all would be multi billionaires, owning our own teams, and with the outlook of being superstars ourselves.

Oh the world is an unfair one. All those wasted potentials!

j/k.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you just have to admit refs have a lot influence on the game and if they were in rockets favor as much as they were in gsws rockets would be leading series 2-0 right now heading to an easy sweep...

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.