1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have two options...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nick, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If Rick Adelman can't get through to T-mac to get him to play at the MVP level we know he's capable of (the one that he featured last year, where he led us to 50+ wins while Yao was injured, and he himself still had more than a gimpy back than he has this year)... we have two options.

1.) Trade T-mac... knowing that you won't get fair value for him, and will likely prevent any chance of winning it all while Yao is having his best years (which likely is for just the next 3-4 years... given the typical wear and tear that goes along with being a big man, and given Yao's already present foot injuries).

2.) Get somebody who can get through to him... and get him back in the frame of mind that makes him one of the best players in the game (when healthy).

Its clear that this team will go NOWHERE without T-mac playing his best... thus, if we have him on this roster, something has to be done to get max performance from him.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Nobody that I can think of can get this guy to the next level. JVG was doing a lot more than most of us realized. Little did we know (although the signs were there) that he spent so much time playing mind games with McGrady to keep him from crying and going home to his momma.

You can get Knee-Mac to play hard most of the time but I don't think anyone can get this guy to come through when it really counts....like the final minutes of a game 7.

3. magicwind

magicwind Member

exactly what I am thinking. 2 options, and I really prefer the idea firing RA and get Jeff back. this only prioritize after trade Tmac for Kobe.

4. Yaopapa

Yaopapa Member

Why do the ****ing T-mac always quit easily?
    Trade him unassailablly unless rocket wouldn't like to go forward.
    ugly match tonight!

5. wildskychen

wildskychen Member

option 3: fire RA

I support this

6. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

We just need a player who can shoot a WIDE-OPEN three
    we are one Jason Kapono, Mike Miller, or Kyle Krover away from dominating

7. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

very nice first post. lol :D

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i like how tmac quit after going 1-10. if he was 7-10 he wouldve stayed in the game....if you know your knee may act up dont play at all

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I have no problem with JVG's let go.

But Rox brass just pulled the trigger too quick on Aldeman. They didn't do much of research and interview enough guys. They just picked the guy on the market with most experience.

Unfortunately it seems to be a wrong pick. Aldeman is really disappointing.

10. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

For christ sake, before the recent leg injuries he was playing as well as he ever has since joining the Rockets. He didn't quit on the team tonight...from what I understand, he was pulled because he simply had no elevation on his jumpers and no explosion due to the knee.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets need to cut their ties with T-Mac get what they can and move on. I don't know what else the Rockets can do or look forward to?

12. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

It is still obvious that with T-Mac(and even with Yao) in the game the offense stutters, it seems to be that neither of those guys want to run out on the fast break.

T-Mac shows no energy at all, he doesn't hustle, gets beat, and doesn't go 100%. He coasts through the game and when your team is .500 it's not the time to coast.

13. lalala902102001

I've said this before and I'll say it again: TMac is much more valuable as a player than as a trading bait for the Rockets. Tracy has chronical back injuries, makes $20 mil a year, and has never had postseason success. He simply does not have high trade values. If you give him up you will not get much in return and it will not make the team better. Trading TMac should be the last resort for the Rockets. There are many other things they can do before they evaluate that route.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Believe what you want but with three days rest he (and the trainer) knew if he could go or not. The trainers would not have let him play if he was not ready to play. He pulled himself out because, as Nice Rollin said, his jumper wasn't falling and we know going to the rim is out of the question.

15. rocketsmetalspd

Man tomorrow's game on TNT. I am sure Barkley and Kenny can't wait to comment on the Rockets.

16. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

He has had 3-20 shooting games and 2-14 shooting games...if he was healthy, he would have taken another 11 shots in the 2nd half because he is a scorer with no concsience.

This game, however, he was clearly not himself. He simply couldn't move, and not in a lazy way ala the GSW game...he simply was unable to. He couldn't get lift on his jumper, couldn't drive, couldn't get enough elevation to hit a layup...he just wasn't healthy enough. Blame it on T-mac for not knowing his own limits o the doctors for not knowing if he is healthy enough to play, but it was CLEAR that he was not himself tonight.

17. rocketsmetalspd

That time has come to pass, it is time to trade T-Mac. Thank you for the contributions T-Mac. GoodLuck with your new team.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ignoramus, don't you realize that JVG ruins shooters? :mad:

Oh wait, JVG isn't the coach any more. :eek:

Scratch that thought. :(

19. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

i think i'm over this guy. he has no passion or "want" to play this game. he doesn't care if we lose. i really do believe this.

20. rocketsmetalspd

Geez the Spurs lost again(to the Grizz).