1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Better Not Lose To Memphis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Nov 30, 2001.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

We don't have Mobley or Steve Francis playing tonight, but that shouldn't matter. The Grizzlies suck, if we lose tonight we have problems.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

So far, the Grizzlies have tried desperately to play worse than the Rockets, but Moochie Norris and Eddie Griffin will have none of that. Moochie and Eddie are not going to let the Rockets win this game, no matter how hard Memphis tries to hand it to them.

3. DaneB

DaneB Member

How can we possibly be losing by 10 points in the 3rd quarter. What horrible D!!! :eek: Anytime, Jason Williams has a career high you know you're having a bad night. How many airballs are we going to have tonight?? :mad: So far I think we have had around 4!!!

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Like I said, the teams offensive and defensive sets are really poor. THe rockets look like a team that doesnt practice.

UNORGANIZED BASKETBALL is what Rudy T teaches this team. I dont care what anyone says, that the PG is not doing his job. Its the coaching staff.

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

They aren't even trying on defense. The Grizzlies have scored on every posession in the third.

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I love how Glen Rice gets involved in the offense.

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Seriously, I like Tierre Brown alot better than Moochie. Tierre actually understands how to play basketball, he might get some mistakes here or there but hes smart and hustles.

Eddie Griffins form is starting to get into shape, even though hes not making his shots. I can tell by the way hes squaring up that hes starting to learn. But can Rudy use him inside, or is Eddie going to shoot from 20 feet every ****en game?

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I hate Jason Williams.

I know I will get flamed, but we look like a lottery team out there. No talent on the court. There's probably more talent on our bench right now. But, Go Rockets !!! I'm still a fan.

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

And Torres needs to remember that he isn't Clyde Drexler. He doesn't have to dunk every ball.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Look? The Rockets ARE a lottery team. The defense is just too horrific to make the playoffs. Steve and Cuttino are not the team's best defenders. Losing them should not have this effect on the defense. Pitiful.

11. DaneB

DaneB Member

My friend had an interesting thought. Houston is playing bad the same reason that the Heat is playing awful. Rudy and Riley have failed to change their team's offense to better fit the new defensive rules. We have a bunch of runners play half-court ball instead of running the floor. We should be running the ball, pushing it. Just look at the Sacramento Kings, they are playing a lot less half-court ball than last year and thus, doing much better. Just a random thought, but **** Jason Williams!!! :mad:

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

It's nice to see that without their top two scorers, the Rockets are playing hard and putting their best effort in. :rolleyes:

13. JAG

JAG Member

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this, but without Francis and Mobley, I think that we have less talent than the Grizzlies...They actually have a lot of young talent, and if you take the 2 best players off a lot of teams, including the Lakers, and I'd take the Grizz over them...

14. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

No Francis, No Cat makes the Rockets look really bad...

I'm not about to give up my faith in the Rockets but considering how 45 games couldn't get us in the play-offs...the complaints on personnel performance, the results...

I wonder if Rudy did the right thing by signing Moochie long-term, trading for Rice, letting Damon Jones go, not accommodating Hakeem...

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

How the hell did we pay Mooch $23M??

How the hell are we paying Rice $9M this season??

Good point by DaneB on Rudy/Riley.

16. kbm

kbm Member

If you had seen all the grizzlies's games, like I have, you would soon realize that they are not nearly as bad as their record. In fact, they have blown out teams in many quarters, only to let them back in the game, eventually losing the game. Battier and Gasol have both lived up to their 1st round pick status. Gasol has superstar witten all over him, and battier will make teams wish they hadn't passed on him. I wouldn't be suprised if the grizziles end up with a .500 record. And as for jwill, explain to me again why he is so bad?

17. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Jwill had a lucky game, usually he would of missed all those shots.

Battier and Gasol are for real. They can play. But the grizzles being .500 ? Dont think so, just cause they beat the rockets who dont have stevie and cat doesnt mean alot.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

LA without Shaq and Bryant would lose to Memphis, why is it such a big deal when the Rockets do without their two best players? Some of you are freaking idiots.

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

It's okay for them to lose to Memphis, but to come out and put so little effort into the game is inexcusable.

20. DaneB

DaneB Member

Whenever the Rockets don't even try, thats when I get pissed off. :mad: It has nothing to do with the fact that we lost, just the fact that Houston is refusing to fight for a win. Even if we had Francis and Mobley, there isnt a 100% chance that they would put in the effort to win. The main difference between us and a playoff team right now is effort.