1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We all need to eat a little crow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Apr 26, 2023.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Tilman "Shut up and Listen" Fetitta did the impossible. He made me pull out the knife and fork. Good move boss. Change the narrative.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You went to a Landry's o_O?

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Hell no, we're starting with expressions first

SamFisher likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

I didn't think he had the balls to hire someone that he can't control. Way to grow up Tilly.

burlesk, roslolian, bmelo and 7 others like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm definitely surprised he was willing to sign a guy like Udoka. Very pleasantly surprised.

burlesk, DeBeards, roslolian and 8 others like this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

Hopefully he learned his lesson when we had a contending team. I was as down as I have ever been as a Rockets fan when we traded for Westbrook, which I don't think needed to happen if Tilman reached deeper into his pockets. Him deciding to go full tear down down rebuild and now getting Ime has restored a little faith in him, but I still am skeptical.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nobody should be surprised I knew right away Ime was his target I knew he loved his coaching style and wanted somebody like Ime

Tilman isn’t playing anymore

DeBeards and BamBam like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ime is a Tilman hire…big splashy name

no name Silas was the surprising hire

it’s honestly far more surprising that Stone Van Gundy hired a coach with a strong personality he won’t be able to control

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Tillman:
    Praying>>>>>>>>>>Playing

Go Rockets!!!

burlesk and DeBeards like this.
  10. SamFisher

I'm thinking that Udoka, having been recently fired due to a personal misconduct scandal and being put on the league naughty list - is considerably more pliable than if he had simply made a lateral move from Boston.

Never underestimate the ability of very rich people to get the things they want from the people that they pay.

burlesk, TAB, Rokman and 1 other person like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've been saying it for a while. There is a reason why the Rockets position is more attractive than any mid team even though they've had a pathetic record for the past three seasons.

Fans of the Knicks, Raptors etc whidh they had the Rockets roster and cap space. There is no hard mid ceiling for this team unlike for teams like the Knicks. If the Rockets get the first pick then it isn't even a question anymore of which franchise has the brightest future for the next decade.

Hemingway, ElPigto, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  12. fchowd0311

Other teams were trying to hire him like 3 months after the scandal came out.

Listening to Raptors podcasts and media is funny now. They are begrudgingly admitting that the Rockets situation is superior.

13. SamFisher

Brooklyn - too radioactive at that point

Toronto - again, Lowe and Shelburne said his situation may have had too much baggage to be hired there. I'm just saying what they said, i can't say whether or not it's true.

I wouldn't put it past Tilman to have a higher risk tolerance than Toronto's corporate mgmt.

14. SamFisher

Hahaha Tilman said you're not a good Christian person if you don't support the Udoka hire and his team president is a woman

Kevin Porter is the most enjoyable player to talk to.

This guy should do more press he's great

15. fchowd0311

Dude Raptor fans even admit the Rockets are in a better situation. This is the part where we discuss aspects you completely ignore hence why you trash the young core had a habitual rate here.

The Raptors best players are vets that are about to be past their prime. On a contender their best players would be 3rd options and 4th options. They have one promising young guy in Barnes. They don't have a top 6 lottery pick. They don't have the cap space and they are in Canada and NBA players especially Black players love Houston and would easily chose Houston over Toronto even though Toronto is a nicer city imo.

Ime mentioned it in the presser bit he explicitly mentioned how Toronto's ceiling with their current roster and cap space is a mid team and a large reason why he prefers the Rockets over the Raptors.

16. SamFisher

Once again, I'm merely relaying what Lowe and Shelburne discussed.

You're free to assimilate the information however you want.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

you have a few folks still holding onto the hate because they are mad at the tank but they'll turn around

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilman is improving.

Still do think Tilman will find out winning it all is much harder than beating the luck to get a Top 3 pick.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Up or under.

6-8 million a year for Ime.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'll eat crow on the Ime side of things because I do appreciate his accountability and the steps he's taken to heal with his son. Respect.