1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WCF Is Proof that Durant Is Not Needed for Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Manny Ramirez, May 20, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Your post remind me of the jokes people are making of Rockets. Always finding something to put the blame on. I saw one top comment on reddit along the lines of "Now rockets will say they lost because Durant went out" - it was funny until i read your post and realized that's what some of yall think

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Durant is needed for situations like against Cleveland when they won the championship. He is a safety net Warriors can rely on when Curry or Green are hurting/in foul trouble/suspended.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So many players could have played that role though. It's not a tough role. Even Butler probably could have. Definitely Kawhi or Giannis. Is Durant better than those guys? I would take Kawhi and Giannis over him.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  4. MD_in_Training

This.

There are at least 10 guys that could have put them over the Cavs. Curry, Klay, and Draymond are irreplaceable.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are arguing a different point. I'd probably take Kawhi (maybe not Giannis) over Durant if I had a choice. And I'd even agree that they would probably be just as good if they replaced Butler for Durant.

But the question was, Does Durant make the Warriors worse. Would they be a better team if Durant walked away. To me, the answer is quite obviously NO.

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

But the main point of this thread is do they need him? And the answer is yes, they do need him when a situation like their defeat after 3-1 lead arises again. I don't think it will though.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

And at least 10 guys would put us over GSW this year if they replaced CP3. What is the point of this?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durant has it All, he just has too much of the Beta mentality but skillwise he has hands down the best maybe slightly less than Young Lebron.

The perfect long body pretty much like a longer McGrady.

I dun think this is the best version of Durant even.

Playoff Kawhi is an enigma and Giannis is getting started, he is the stronger dude.

#88 daywalker02, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. MD_in_Training

The point is he’s not the mvp of that team...not even close.