1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.6%
  2. Thunder in 5

1.6%
  3. Thunder in 6

23.4%
  4. Thunder in 7

11.7%
  5. Jazz in 7

16.4%
  6. Jazz in 6

39.1%
  7. Jazz in 5

4.7%
  8. Jazz in 4

1.6%
  1. Junebball

Junebball Member

As most here, the media made me hate the Thunder. After saying that, I think NBA has the worst refs of any major pro sport. Officiating is getting worse. PG should have gotten three free throws in two different occasions in the final 30 seconds or so of the game.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Russ doing us a solid, going in on the despicable Utah colonizers!

slothy420, macho GRANDE and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It just dawned on me that Russell Westbrook is eliminated and Joel Embiid is still alive.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Michael Jordan drafting legacy Wizards Kwame Brown, Bobcats Adam Morrison. Jordan Brand picking Russell Westbrook over James Harden.

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I am very glad I'm not a Thunder fan, because if I was I'd probably be angrily yelling at the TV. Westbrook is so frustrating and annoying to watch when he goes into hero ball mode (which is way too often)...heck his game is even cringe-worthy at times. Especially when he gets desperate.

That foul should've been called on Paul George's last shot. However, it was stupid for OKC to even TRY and draw a foul in that situation. That might've made sense in the 1st or 2nd quarter, but not with 20 seconds remaining in the 4th. Most people familiar with NBA refereeing probably understand that the refs are far more likely to let things go towards the end of a tight game, since that increases the likelihood of an exciting finish.

The Thunder as a team never really gelled this season, and as a result they underachieved. They never seemed fully comfortable playing with each other and knowing their roles. And I think the primary blame for that is Westbrook. Paul George and Carmelo Anthony are probably both having similar feelings that Durant did during his tenure at OKC. I think there's a 95% chance that PG will switch teams; I'll be surprised if he returns to the Thunder next season. OKC probably should make major changes to their roster, but even if they do I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Russ will never win a ring unless he mellows out and becomes more of a team player on a consistent basis.

Anyway, the Jazz are a better team than I expected. With that said, if the Rockets show up consistently enough, they should take out the Jazz in 5 games...6 at the most. Utah, like most other NBA teams, simply doesn't have enough firepower to hang with Houston.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

7. Mr. Space City

amazing how westbrook can be such a dick to the media and still be loved

8. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

LMAO, but the Rockets would've got a huge break facing OKC in round 2. That team sucks

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Seems like we ended up with the easiest route to the Western Conference Finals.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Russ super spicy to the press. This poor women had the nerve to say, "but it was a different question."

LMAO!! it's too much.

slothy420 and BigMaloe like this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Completely agree with what he said. One of the worst places to play.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Westbrook with the 4 minute rant defending himself taking so many shots lolol

#2312 BigMaloe, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I know it might be too soon to ask but what’s Rubio’s status for Sunday?

Sidebar: someone please post the post game interview for Russ, if he does one. Lol.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

76ers are the best team in the East, if healthy, Toronto is so shaky.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Russ saying he doesn't respond to the negativity, that he doesn't react at all and it all goes in one ear and out the other .... all after trying to tear fans' heads off in tonight's game.

16. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Not the first one, "Harden's Rule", I can clearly recall several occasions where Harden's 3+1 was called non-shooting foul this year.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I don’t think they should have had the ball in the first place. That ball was hit out of bounds by Grant or Felton at the least. That was a gimme right there.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Seriously though, screw Presti, man. This has to be karma for Poaching all of Morey's targets. Presti is cursed with Russ destroying every good player he has acquired.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw, it was off Mitchell. They got that one right.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  20. Mr. Space City

Vivi and Obito like this.