1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Portland vs. (6)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(3)Portland vs. (6)Oklahoma City

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Blazers in 4

1.4%
  2. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blazers in 6

12.9%
  4. Blazers in 7

15.7%
  5. Thunder in 7

12.9%
  6. Thunder in 6

44.3%
  7. Thunder in 5

10.0%
  8. Thunder in 4

2.9%
  1. alcatrazpsycho

Like I said... in the games I’ve seen...

FYI, Rox regular season record vs Blazers in the Harden era is 15-10 (9-4 at home, 6-6 on the road)...

I can’t erase memories of Harden’s first game as a Rocket against Blazers... how unclutch he was... If I recall he got blocked at the 3 point line or turned the ball over at the final buzzer (or both)...

Anyway, if I’m wrong I’m wrong. But if I’m right, you’ll think “hot damn, that alcaltrazpsycho guy tried to warn me....” heheh

Final tip, always bet against the Rox in key games. I forgot to bet on the Jazz in game 4. D’oh! I’d pay to see them get swept!

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marcus Morris Says Thunder Got Outcoached, Should Have Played Markieff More

Marcus Morris criticized the Oklahoma City Thunder coaches for how they defended Damian Lillard on his buzzer-beater to win the series, and for not believing in Markieff Morris.

"You don’t trap him, you don’t do nothing. You just let him play free. He’s one of the best players in the league. Why wouldn’t you trap him? Why wouldn’t you get the ball out of his hands? I’m not a coach and I’m not trying to disregard what (Lillard is) doing, but 50? Like, come on. And you don’t trap him? At the end of the game you just let him (shoot)? I don’t care how far out he is. He was shooting damn near 60 percent from where he was shooting at, so I wasn’t surprised it went in,” said Morris about the Thunder leaving Paul George to defend Lillard on the game-winner.

He then added that the Thunder didn't give Markieff a chance to give the Blazers a different look off the bench.

“I feel like they got outcoached...And I’m not a coach or anything like that, but I feel like they just didn’t utilize their bench enough. I feel like my brother went over there for no reason. He never got an opportunity to play. I thought that he would really help them in the playoffs, but from what I seen he should have went somewhere else just to be able to show that veteran leadership and that experience. I didn’t think he got the opportunity in OKC. I think that was another big reason why they lost. I didn’t feel like they utilized all the guys they had – at all. In the NBA, these are all NBA players. And I wouldn’t even pay attention to them as much if he wasn’t on the team. I wouldn’t even really care how they coached. I don’t give a damn if they lost or won, but just the fact that he’s my brother and I know what he brings to the table, I know what we both bring to the table, I felt like OKC didn’t do him no justice," added Morris.

hakeem94, tmoney1101 and Vivi like this.
  3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Oh please...... Markieff wasn’t playing all that great since he joined the Thunder. He was lazy on hustle plays and rebounding and he didn’t shoot well from the 3 point line. They took away all of Patterson’s minutes to appease Markieff which I thought was a mistake because he was serviceable and playing fine with his role off the bench. He hyped up his brother going to the Thunder on twitter like it was the greatest move ever. He should have never gone there knowing the history of the Thunder in the playoffs. His brother made a mistake and now he wants to point fingers.

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

POR or DEN would be gentleman's sweeps for us. too much BBQ poultry

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Of course, Phoenix and Washington...lol

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LMAO at Westbrick. So predictable.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26604464/westbrook-rejects-critics-series-loss

OKLAHOMA CITY -- After a contentious series against the Trail Blazers that ended in another first-round elimination and what some perceive as a dent in his reputation, Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook shrugged off criticism Thursday.

"If you want to determine my career and what I've done over two, three games, you go ahead," Westbrook said during his end-of-season exit interview with the media. "That don't mean s--- to me. It doesn't. I'm going to wake up, like I told you before, three beautiful kids, I'm going to wake up and smile, be happy, enjoy my life. Doesn't change anything about -- talk about if I'm playing bad or who's better, who's not. I know who I am as a person, and that's the biggest thing I can say about myself. I know who I am. I know what I'm able to do. I know my capabilities. I know what I've done. I know what I can and can't do. So I'm OK with that. I'm OK with who I am. I'll just be blessed to wake up every day and enjoy my life. The talk about -- I don't even know what talk you're talking about, but whatever that is, you guys can keep talking about it, and I'm going to keep living my life."​

How hard is it to say "I didn't shoot very well this series. Congratulations to Damian Lillard and Portland for a great performance. We as a team will strive to improve next year."

Complete sociopath and narcissist.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I also know he is inefficient as hell but I would not take a jab when he is talking about his family though.

We can separate private life from the game on the court. He was merely talking about that.

And I do think he should talk about Lillard, but in due time, that dude was an arch nemesis and plays the same position at that.

It was a tough tough loss.

#1008 daywalker02, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His family is fine. But why did he pull his family in when he was questioned about his basketball career? Seems to me he just didn't want to admit he was to blame for the teams problem and shifted the focus on his offseason life.

If a guy after elimination said, "I am going fishing. It's a good life. I don't care how you see my performance." That's a pretty irresponsible way to respond to the failure.

vlaurelio, RiceRockets and Jontro like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah I get that too but y'all hate for him is a tad exeggerated as well.

He warrants some but so does Curry. Winning championships does not mean that dude is likable.

I mean he is just a player you know from the media with all the human flaws of others as well.

Treating him as 'another player' would be spot on.

What I dun understand is, why ppl are out to get him, you dig? It's not like his entitlement affects my life or yours.

Is he really that important? To follow his tweets nearly every day?

Is it because he was about to attack a Jazz fan, but who cares about Jazz fans.....

You see extreme hate with Lin and Tmac but they used to have lots of fans here, WB doesn't and wasn't even a Rox player.

#1010 daywalker02, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Of course he’s gonna defend his brother. They still sleep in the same bunk beds.

slothy420 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude is overly sensitive.....it is staggering.

DD

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I fully expect WB to come back even harder next year.

Now he's going to chuck bricks from 40ft out because Lillard did it.

Jontro, hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

very similar to lerbon years ago when he said the same thing, but worse when he started dissing reporters and critics' mundane lives while lerbon lives the high life.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not shocked, they're already paying a ton of tax...

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Le Bon gonna Ler Bon.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha, Lego PG is supposed to jump higher.