1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Portland vs. (6)New Orleans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(3)Portland vs. (6)New Orleans

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Blazers in 4

1.9%
  2. Blazers in 5

13.0%
  3. Blazers in 6

44.4%
  4. Blazers in 7

18.5%
  5. Pelicans in 7

3.7%
  6. Pelicans in 6

16.7%
  7. Pelicans in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pelicans in 4

1.9%
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who the hell is doing color commentary on the tnt broadcast? dude sounds like he works in the blazers front office or something

very unprofessional of tnt to put a diehard blazers homer on a national broadcast

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I see the fat lady warming up at the tunnel.

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

pelicans need to keep up the intensity on defense.

game is not over yet.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's Brent Barry. I think he is doing fine.

5. MystikArkitect

Davis will be the best player in that series and if Rondo/Holliday clamp down Thompson I legit think the Warriors won’t have a chance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. buffalobills!!!

AD on gear? Delts are like Dwight

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rondo doesn't have much to do with "unleashing AD". AD is greatness, period. With Cousins out of the way, replaced by a floor-spacing big like the clean-shaven Mirotic, AD and Holiday can play at their peak level.

Rondo needs scorers on the floor to make up for his deficiencies. On the other end, he, Holiday and AD are the perfect antidote to the Blazers offense. If Rondo weren't a head case and was consistent in his effort, the Pels would have been a top 4 seed.

The Blazers were a sinking ship finishing the season and it carried into this series. I'm anxious to see how the Pels fare against a more mature team.

8. Mr. Space City

portland front office gotta be in shambles rn.

they can't continue to go on with dame and mccollum aka the great value splash brothers and if they get rid of 1 they're most likely gonna stick with lillard because he's the face of the franchise

ramotadab likes this.
  9. buffalobills!!!

Will Stotts get future endeavored?

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is not as if the Worriers won't have a chance, but the Pels will give them fits and maybe steal the series without Curry.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're drunk off this Portland beat down. Curious to see what Pels do on defense against the Warriors. The strategy Pels used on Portland is damn genius. I hope Pels can use the same sorcery on a MUCH MUCH better team.

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

LOL @ the pelicans trapping curry with klay and durant on the court.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. buffalobills!!!

Well they should not have given Evan Turner a Portions-like salary

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lillard is such a crybaby bum

ramotadab likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

listen to mr. space city.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wishful thinking but who the hell is going to stop Durant? The Pelicans big weakness is they don't have a dominant wing stopper. They don't have to worry about that with Portland because Portland has Aminu who is a streaky spot shooter who stands in the corner. You can't do that with Durant or he'll wreck you. Rondo, Holiday, Moore all too small. Mirotic, Miller, etc. too slow. Only chance is Davis but you're taking him away from the rim and the Pellies will have no rim proteciton. Also that's a lot to ask of him to defend Durant and be the primary scoring option.

DreamShook and buffalobills!!! like this.
  17. buffalobills!!!

Call D-Mo

ramotadab and Snow Villiers like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who on pacers is guarding lebron ?

ramotadab and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree with Rondo doesn't have much to do with unleashing AD. I agree AD is a great player, but all his shots, before Playoff Rondo were so hard to get. He had to create his own shots. Rondo makes AD's life easier by letting the ball and AD's position do the work for him. For an already great player, That's scary.

I agree that Mirotic has made AD's life easier, but this also could have happened with Boogie, IMO. Pels would try to run offense through Boogie making him a point center diminishing Rondo's play-making impact and taking touches away from Jrue. It's not that Boogie was in the way, Pels were trying to maximize all his talents at the expense of others who do it better. I think if Boogie just played like a regular center, Pels would have been better for it.

20. MystikArkitect

Why do you need rim protection against the Warriors? The only guy that can create to the rim is injured. Worried about Green driving? Yes stick Davis on Durant, Holliday and Rondo hound Thompson and who’s left? Green? I didn’t expect to see them neuter Lillard like this and the Worriers don’t have anyone outside of Curry and Durant that can truly generate offense.

It’s been an eye opening series and the Pelicans have looked hella impressive.

ramotadab likes this.