1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(1)Golden State vs. (8)LA Clippers

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

37.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

31.5%
  3. Warriors in 6

9.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

2.7%
  5. Clippers in 7

8.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

2.7%
  7. Clippers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Clippers in 4

8.2%
  1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Your post reminded of this:

Deckard likes this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

The team is visited before Game 5 last year...

"You must sacrifice the thing most dear to you."

"We already gave up Beverley. :( " @Roomba

"That is not enough! That which you gained by giving!"

---

Later...Dr. Moreystrange talking to Tilman...

"I have looked into all futures, and there is only way we can win..."

*proceeds to outline every single offseason move, injuries to starters, in-season moves to correct off-season moves and bolster injured team, and ending up the 4th seed*

---

Perhaps the ritual is indeed complete. Not even the Scott Foster's Foulnir, forged stronger-than-ever in the dead soul of Adam Silver, can stop it.

Deckard and Roomba like this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This gonna be a hell of a series. I just hope we stay healthy thru the entire course of it. That way if we lose, there will be no what ifs, and although it will still suck to lose, we can at the very least take some pride in knowing we didn’t wait on the sideline and actually stepped up to them. Can’t ask for much more.

Patience and roslolian like this.
  4. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Hey dudes. Please beat Golden State. Pleeeeeaase. Blazers are my #1 team and nothing will ever come close to that, but I will actively root for ANY team playing these chumps. So, during your series, I am officially a Houston fan. Get some revenge.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Former Rox Beverly, Harrell and Sweet Lue did as much damage to the Worriers as they could, up to the Rox now to seal the deal.

No excuses this time, Rox got to close it out.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen Curry with a twisted ankle today again, he has a Huge History of Twisted Ankle, Broke his Ankle, Surgery on his Ankles, plates and screws in his Ankles, that's why he wears ankle braces.

Draymond with a lingering toe injury

Kevin Durant had a broken foot, it was career threatening years ago, with screws an plate.

Only Klay Thompson is healthy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lou williams was fouled at least 6 times. and shot 2 FTs. the callahan effect

Deckard likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

larry was at the game
    [​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  9. MD_in_Training

Love the standing ovation that Lou and Pat Bev got from the Clippers fans.

I have more respect for the Clips taking two games from the Warriors than I do if the Durant Warriors win a third ring.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Harrell had the crap knocked out of him with a vicious Green elbow that the refs would have had to be blind not to see and Green didn’t even get a foul called, much less a flagrant 1, which he deserved, in my opinion. If Oakland gets those kinds of non-calls, while we get fouls called for breathing on Curry or Durant or Thompson, it’s going to take everyone on the Rockets, especially Harden, playing their hearts out and avoiding the “i” word thanks to a brute like Green. Green thinks he can get away with murder. It’s been encouraged by the refs by their avoidance of holding him to account.

The real irony? Green is an outstanding player who doesn’t need help from the refs to play effectively. That’s true of Curry and Thompson, as well. Durant? He’s been on another planet the last few games. Our defense has to be better on him than the Clippers managed. I hope Coach B has some defensive magic in that brain of his to handle the guy. The rest of the Oakland team shouldn’t be “feared” in my opinion, as good as they are. We took that team 3 out of 4 games during the regular season wth some banged up players. Durant? If we let him go off like he did the last couple of games for game after game, we’re going to have a very, very tough time.

That’s where I’m hoping the extra days off will give us a real advantage, one we’re going to need badly, because I’ll be shocked if we get impartial refs. Time for our older and banged up players to rest and recover. Time for Coach B to dream up some defensive witchery to handle Durant, along with Curry and Thompson, and time for our players to get the schemes down.

Along with that? We have to hope that MDA has some offensive magic he’s been saving in his back pocket and that our guys can not only execute it offensively, but that our elite offensive players, and we’re certainly not without a couple, play to the outer edge of their potential. I think they can. All our Rockets need to bring it, every minute, every game, because we aren’t going to get the breaks Oakland will.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Precisely.

These guys are fighters while the Warriors team is bunch of cupcakes that are afraid to go toe to toe with you on equal terms so they load the team up with talent.

Bunch of front-running p*****s.

pippendagimp and MD_in_Training like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

silver sent his top three henchmen in succession to work each of the games in LA -- foster, then brothers, then callahan. all GS wins of course

there is not even a semblance of disguise or cover for the league's match fixing machinations. basically, they don't even give a F

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IT's always been my problem with the Warriors
    if they are so great. . .and don't need the Ref help
    why do they get so much of it

I think they need it
    but in little starts and stops
    They use ref help like COMBO BREAKERS / RUN STOPPERS
    Teams will be making a run or they are making a run
    and the refs stopps other teams or makes a call that allows a Warrior run to continue

Rocket River

slothy420 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What really ticks me off, @Rocket River, as it does most everyone else that’s an ardent fan of any team, is that Oakland just doesn’t need the help to have an excellent chance to win the West and play for the title. That’s the same chance we play all year to get. It’s what every other team, including some that didn’t quite make the top 8, heck, almost all the teams except for those tanking, play all year for. It’s why the fans pay a small fortune for season tickets, or go out of their way, sometimes driving to another city, to support their team. To watch them try to get into the playoffs and get that chance to play for the title.

It’s what the best players that bust their ass in the off-season working on their game and their conditioning prepare for. It’s why they work during the season to be at their best, to get into the playoffs and have that opportunity to fight in the Western Conference Finals, just so they can play for the title. It’s why organizations spends fortunes on players. It’s why general managers work late at night before and during the season to figure out a way to improve their team.

Why does the league blatantly, in my opinion, try to tilt the deck towards one or two teams in the West with their selection of certain lead officials with a history, for whatever reason, of calling the games unevenly for the benefit of a particular team, or for the detriment of another? It isn’t like the NBA can’t afford to pay for top notch officials.

Almost everyone sees it, in my opinion, unless they just don’t have a strong interest in the Association, except during the playoffs, so they just don’t see enough games to see what’s going on and likely think I’m crazy posting this. I may be crazy, but not about the fact, in my opinion, that this goes on. Not every game, but it doesn't have to be every game during a series. Oakland just doesn’t need the help. In a different season it might be the Lakers getting that extra nudge, often blatant, or another team.

I’m not going to address the East. They often seem to be in another, lesser league. ;-)

slothy420 and Rocket River like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Spot On!

Exactly

Rocket River

16. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Just know either team will absolutely tear Portland a new one.

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

they do need the help and that is the proof they are not the best

the fact of the matter, between the best teams the difference in quality is so minimal

the 20 pts victory although its sounds like a lot is in fact a difference of a mere 5-6 possessions
    10 pts victory means it was a 3 possessions game
    we are talking about nuances here
    so they do need constant nudging from the refs if they gonna win consistently

the problem is the media hypes the winner so much like its heaven and earth difference and it was a mere 3 possessions game in last years wcf were a lot of luck was involved and the teams were pretty equal