1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st round] Oklahoma City vs. Houston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2013.

Tags:
?

(1) Oklahoma City vs. (8) Houston

1. Thunder in 4

24.8%
  2. Thunder in 5

38.9%
  3. Thunder in 6

16.8%
  4. Thunder in 7

0.9%
  5. Rockets in 4

5.3%
  6. Rockets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Rockets in 6

5.3%
  8. Rockets in 7

8.0%
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Don't think I've seen A3P0 in the Dish in years. "Houstonian" huh

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Doesn't go into the Dish? That man is wiser than most.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah it's been crap this season but alright before. I'm mainly sense indifference from him toward the Rockets. Yet he claims he's a fan, from Houston. More than half his posts are about OKC. He's still a good poster but that always bugged me.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

GARM?

Don't let it bother you man.

I too sometimes wonder how we ended up with Thunder, Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, & Nuggets fans here.

#24 J.R., Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah my mistake. I'll get over it. Guess I'm still feeling bitter over the losses, especially tonight.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Well, can't speak for others; I'm still a fan of the rockets (lived in houston twice), but I started following when my state managed to somehow steal a team from Seattle. (Actually started following once Bennett bought them - writing was on the wall.) But, I now work within walking distance to the Chesapeake Arena, so hard not to also be a OKC fan... especially after watching them grow from such a crappy squad to one of the best in the leagues.

And I'll happily join in the Perkins bashing this week.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

So what's it like being a Thunder & Rockets fan? Must be weird, especially in this series. Probably not. I doubt you're conflicted. Speaking of...who are you rooting for in the series? Question that doesn't need an answer.

Besides Harden being here or before he came(not to confuse you for a HOF), what keeps you interested in the Rockets (as a 2nd team)? I mean, I suppose it's easier to root for one team, the better team, the team in your state.

You don't have to answer any of that. Just curious.

#27 J.R., Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's like...those 2 OKC blowout wins over Houston in the regular season probably don't mean much to OKC fans but that 1 comeback win by the Rockets was one of the most pleasurable basketball viewing experiences I've had this season..
    I really don't know what my point is.

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Well, it started out as - enjoying OKC rebuilding while Houston was in contention. (Lottery drafts are fun!)But that flipped much faster than expected on both counts. (However, #14 lottery picks are not!)

I have always considered myself a Rockets fan, so just because I have another tribe, doesn't instantly make me dislike the Rockets.

But, truthfully I've only sort of enjoyed the rockets rebuilding until this year, because eff 14th draft picks, and Martin as a first option is just painful. And the team hasn't been a "team" in a long time. It still doesn't feel like a team some games, just Harden and the trade assets.

Morey lucked out that GS, WAS, TOR all said no to Presti. And I lucked out, because my teams quasi-merged.

I freely admit to wanting OKC to advance over Houston this year. They at least have a 5% shot of winning the title this year. Houston? Eh... 0.5%?

Part of me would prefer a sweep to keep the talking heads from non-stop talking about the Harden trade, but another part wants 7, just so Houston players can know what a game 7 feels like.

People don't mind if heroes fall, as long as they get up. I did enjoy Harden getting trashed in OKC (even if there were extenuating circumstances) only to have the game of his career to pull out a win in Houston. That sort of stuff helps keep me drawn into sports - really shows they care.

Oh, and added bonus for games being close - DailyThunder commentators randomly decied to walk a mile for margin of victory in the playoffs. It is going to take me a while to knock out game 1's margin.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

OK, not conflicted in anyway now. I want rockets to get swept for the crass comments in the game thread and when the injury happened and when the injury was announced later in the GARM.

This wasn't even a bad one in comparison, J.R.