1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watson Or Savage? Who would you like to see lead the Texans week 1

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nigel Thornberry, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Watson or Savage

1. Deshaun Watson

66.7%
  2. Tom Savage

33.3%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be absolutely shocked by 2-4, there's absolutely no reason why the Texans should lose to the Jags, Titans, or Browns and 2-4 suggests that they did lose to one of those teams.

Honestly if the team comes out 2-4, BOB needs to start getting his resume prepared because that's a fireable offense.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youre not in the least wary of Tennessee?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all. Losing a home game to the Titans should be grounds for termination barring some kind of crazy circumstances that mitigate the embarrassment of it.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's savage until Watson can show he can hit a target consistently.

But you know OBrien will knee jerk to Watson after a bad game or two

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The scary part for me is will Savage look as good in the regular season. Our schedule starts out tough, and 2-4 could happen, but I would be sick to my stomach if it did. It should prove to be exciting to watch in our first 8 games. We should beat the Jags and the Browns easily. The Titans, Chiefs, and Indy won't be easy wins, if their quarterbacks put on a mismatch with our secondary coverage. Hopefully that won't happen. We can beat them if our defense puts on the pressure, and Savage doesn't take a backwards turn in progression and stays healthy. Playing at Cinn, NE, and Seattle will be tough. We will definitely need our defense to dominate and our offense to be turnover free, and find a way to put some points on the board.

6. Nigel Thornberry

Dude you do realize Tennessee had the same record as us last year right? I'm sure you do so my question is why do you act like if we lose to them, that's totally catastrophic for the Texans? I don't know why you act like Tennessee is so bad it's absolutely bizarre to me

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I remember when he embarrassed himself by personally guaranteeing that the Titans wouldn't beat the Chiefs in a game last year.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If it happens, then BOB needs to be fired. Simple as that. He's got considerably more talent than any team in the division and that kind of start would mean that the Texans are doing less with their talent than they were last year.

They had the same record that the Texans did due to the Texans resting starters after they clinched the division before their final game. You remember that right? You also remember the Titans struggling against the Texans backups right?

You crazy kids were hyping up the Jags last year, I guess it's the Titans' turn this year. The Titans have no business beating the Texans at home, if that happens, BOB needs to be shown the door unless there is a REALLY good excuse for it.

9. Nigel Thornberry

Yeah I just don't get it. I think when they beat Green Bay last year they put up 40+ pts. They're a pretty good football team with a qb who keeps getting better.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Let me rephrase then. Inaccurate - yes, mostly to throwing mechanics. Arm strength/ball velocity/ability to get the ball where it needs to go speedwise - yes, the mechanics have not slowed down his ball velocity as was an original argument of yours after the 49mph reading.

You can say he has bad mechanics/footwork, because he does and they hurt his accuracy, but you can't say they hurt his velocity. And no they are not the same thing. I really don't feel like going back and getting the quotes but you always had 2 arguments: accuracy and ball velocity.. I am fully in agreement with the first one and think you were wrong on the other one. It might make it easier for people to agree with you on some things when you admit others. Not trying to sound condescending, I just agree with you a lot but then watch people gang up and I want you to help that stop.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I can't wait to see who you hate the most by the end of the season... BOB, Rick Smith, or Watson.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't hate Watson, I hate that he was put in this position. He's a hard worker and deserves better coaching.

I don't think O'Brien is working on his accuracy, he denied it's a problem.

But anyway, it's O'Brien, then Rick, then McNair, but it's close.

I think Vrabel becomes HC next year, with Crennel assistant HC and DC, and we bring in a good OC and HOPEFULLY a new forward-thinking GM.

red5rocket likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're still on about this? Him throwing ridiculously slow was cause for concern and I'd say that proved true. Perhaps he was just taking so much off of his throws because he was worried they'd be inaccurate, perhaps it was other reasons, but I'd say that red flag ended up representing a real problem with his throwing that he's working through right now.

I'm not sure why we'd want to pretend like the 2 issues aren't linked when they certainly seem to be.

14. Nigel Thornberry

I think people are over reacting about this accuracy issue. Yes he's had some bad throws as does any qb. That being said I've also seen a lot of drops the past two games, the guy stepping in and out of bounds as well. He will be fine the guy has played like 2 and a half quarters of football

15. donkeypunch

You dont like the situation hes in cause youre a BoB hater and thats fine, but every single analyst said Watson couldnt be in a better place or situation, including Watson himself. So theres that.

I personally think BoB is a great qb coach and delegator, not so much offensive coordinator or play caller. His writing may be on the wall this year, so your wish may come true of ridding us of him.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As evidenced by him making the QB situation worse every single season since he's been here....

17. donkeypunch

As evidenced by each qb having a career year or close to career year that hes brought in. Its not all on him that theyve never brought in anybody of worth through draft and then lay an overpaid pile dung for him to mold with no gloves.

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

BOB and Rick both will need to get there resumes prepared.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno about Smith, the guy seems to have nine lives and he can just blame everything on BOB which might work.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

who is it on? fire that guy cause our offense has sucked.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.