1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Washington Post] Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 12, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump's favorite news show and his other idiot son...

2. NewRoxFan

3. NewRoxFan

And this tweet from Alan Levine (Chairman, President and CEO - Ballad Health. Member, Florida Board of Governors. Former Secretary of Health Care Admin for Florida and Louisiana) who in his government roles led responses to numerous hurricanes...

B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mr. trump is mentally ill. The Atlantic coast is bracing for a powerful hurricane, and trump is tweeting lies, nonsense, and damn near unintelligible garbage for his "base" to lap up regarding Puerto Rico and the huge hurricane that devastated the island. He keep babbling lies about the horror Puerto Rico went through and the death toll from the storm. A death toll anyone who has read and watched the news from multiple sources and about the event shouldn't be surprised by at all. He should be impeached for mental instability, mental incompetence, and being a danger to the republic. In my humble opinion. Instead of making speeches about what is happening now as I type this, he continues to fixate on an event in the near past that made him look foolish due to his bizarre reaction to it. Mr. trump cannot abide anything that he thinks makes him look the fool. That's who's in the Oval Office. God, if you exist, help us all.

adoo and eric.81 like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He is. The constant need to protect the self image is devastating. The guy above that said show some compassion... well, that's what Mr Trump isn't capable of. Compassion is there, as it's a natural part of all human, but it's completely covered up by his massive egotism.

Deckard likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Maybe trump went too far? Well, maybe... eh, probably not...

7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Didn't you guys see him shooting paper towels on TV?

Trump did his part, what else do you want from him?

Ungrateful s.o.bs, the lot of you I say!

Amiga likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

personally, i just want him to golf

9. NewRoxFan

WTF... the white house explanation...

10. NewRoxFan

trump, and his enablers (fox news esp lou dobbs, and the republicans that don't act against him)...

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That doesn't make any sense as to why the President refusing to acknowledge the death of thousands of Americans would be accurate.

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Who would of thunk, in just 20 months Trump has become responsible for the entirety of global warming. And here I thought his boastful claims were ridiculous.

I don't like Trump, I don't agree with his bullshit policies like "clean coal," but this narrative is ****ing absurd and the melodrama just turns moderates and conservatives who defend global warming off from the discussion altogether.

13. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent

Harrisment, B-Bob and KingCheetah like this.
  14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

This thread is a referendum on Trump’s reaction to disasters and lack of human empathy. No one with a brain thinks it’s Trump’s fault for everything that goes wrong, simpleton.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well the narrative isn't that Trump is responsible for Global warming. The narrative is that lawmakers that ignore the science of Global warming and have done things to avoid precautions and actions that could prevent damage is hurting our country. Trump is one of those and is in favor of rolling back regulations that damage it.

To me, that is a bigger issue. But Trump is certainly responsible for his claim that 3000 Americans didn't die in the Hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico last year.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen any confirmation that significant hurricanes have increased in numbers in last few decades. I will be hesitant to blame agent orange until I can see those numbers.

If major hurricanes have increased then we should impeach.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It would be absurd if someone had said he was responsible for the entirety of global warming. But no one said it.

The number isn't the only criterion to watch for. They'd predicted that warmer waters from global warming would create larger (not categorically higher) hurricanes that drop more rain and cause more flooding.

19. NewRoxFan

20. NewRoxFan

trump will lie about anything...