1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warnock for President?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Dec 7, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had not thought about him as a candidate, but this speech made me feel some kind of way, and what he has done in GA over the last 3 years is impressive.

He now also has the national profile needed.

I would think him being a preacher would hurt, but I think he could really get a foothold with moderate and religious republicans if they run Trump lite DeSantis.

His talk about working with both sides really rung true, and I think people are exhausted of the divisiveness.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Now lets not get ahead of ourselves.

B-Bob, mdrowe00 and adoo like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why not?

It's not like the old rules apply anymore, Obama did it, and he has a bit of that charisma.

JayGoogle and dobro1229 like this.
  4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm down. I've been on the Warnock bandwagon since the 2020 election. If Biden doesn't run again, I think he'd be the best choice that I can think of.

Andre0087 and jiggyfly like this.
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I like Warnock, so that alone is reason enough it wouldn't happen. Has any former President been a Clergy member?
    She isn't running, but to me, Michelle Obama would be the best choice in terms of winning.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

And i get what your saying it's just to early what has he done to show he can carry the votes of more than just Georgians

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. geeimsobored

I hate to say it but sexism (particularly aimed at black women) is a huge electoral penalty that Michelle would have to overcome. In a really Dem leaning year that can be overcome but in a neutral year, its a real problem. Black men consistently poll higher among white voters when weighting for other factors. It's a sad reality but if we're looking at this through the lens of electoral success, Warnock would actually end up doing much better due to inherent biases in the electorate.

subtomic, mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When has any new candidate shown that he can carry votes outside his state?

He has shown that he can get moderate republicans to vote for him and he will carry the key Democratic demographic blacks.

The fact that he has won 4 elections over the past 3 years in ruby red GA shows he should be able to get the votes of not just Georgians, that's a huge accomplishment.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That is my biggest pause, the fact that he is clergy, but that would also be a huge selling point to some moderate Republicans and it has not been a negative so far.

Michelle ain't got time for this BS.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I started this thread as a thought experiment so don't think I am really trying to sway anybody, just want to get some pros and cons.

So far so good.

Thanks
    @edwardc
    @juicystream
    @geeimsobored

B-Bob likes this.
  11. geeimsobored

Being a pastor is a good thing. Aside from the benefit in mobilizing African Americans, it is very disarming to be able to weave scripture into political messaging. And Warnock has done an excellent job of fending off the "angry black man" tropes during his Senate runs.

I realize I'm very bullish on him relative to most people, but he checks a lot of boxes relative to anyone else that people are considering.

mdrowe00, Andre0087 and jiggyfly like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Certainly would make a lot of religious Americans more comfortable voting for him.

JayGoogle, FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, that's how I feel it's amazing that his faith has not been any negative, but I have to wonder what the far left will think?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Warnock has done a good job in Georgia

Herschel’s main negative talking point about Warnock was trying to equate him to Joe Biden…he really had nothing else

Warnock is a better option than what is typically mentioned on here like Pete Buttigieg

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

I see your point i happen to like him and if he does give it a o he may have my vote.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Moderate Republicans went extinct circa 2012.

Christian Republicans voted for a wife beater, serial abortionist and carpetbagger ... over a man of the cloth.

VooDooPope, Xopher, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s an interesting choice and he’s certainly got great speaking ability. I’ve yet to see him really distinguish himself as a Senator. Even though he’s a very good speaker he doesn’t seem to have the same phenomenal charisma as Obama did.

I doubt the DNC would support him running. Give Walker still got about 47% of the vote shows that GA os anything but a safe state. Without Warnock holding down they senate seat makes it much more likely they lose it.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Please Dumbocrats, trot out the clown who almost lost to a brain dead Walker. It's actually probably the best you can do though

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is a segment of Christian Republicans that never liked Trump and a segment that got off the train early, we are talking about margins here and any inroads to that demographic would be huge.

Going to interesting to see the cross tabs concerning Warnock and how much crossover he got.

FranchiseBlade likes this.