1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warning for Pet Owners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Jul 11, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm not sure how many of you use flea protection for your pets, but there is something I thought you should know about.

Hartz just released a flea control product similar to Advantage - a topical liquid in a tube. This product is DANGEROUS TO ANIMALS! My sister-in-law used it on one of her cats and the cat got very ill. Her vet told her that this was one of many cases involving this product they have seen.

They said that the worst cases involve seizures and possibly death. DO NOT use this for your pets. Get Advantage or one of the pill flea control medications from your vet. The Hartz is sold at places like Petco, etc., not at the vet.

The other stuff is a little more expensive, but it is cheaper than the vet bills.

------------------
    How the hell should I know why God would allow the Holocaust. I don't even know how the electric can opener works. - from Hannah and Her Sisters

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Interesting. I take it you are talking about the little tubes with the stuff you're supposed to spread along the pet's back?

My girlfriend uses this for her dog every now and then, and it never seems to have problems that I know of. It'd be nice if someone could figure out if it only hurts certain breeds for some reason...

Rok

------------------
    "Do you know what nemesis means? 'A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent'. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c***: ME."
    - Brick Top, Snatch

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Use Advantage I have two dogs and they don't have any problems with it.

------------------
    "We need to FOCASS".... Akeem Olajuwon

4. Colby

Colby Member

Thanks for Jeff for the info.

I just moved back to Houston, and use Program that I put in their food. In DFW I lived on the 5th floor, but now live on the 1st, in some crappy apartment on Westhiemer.

I don't think the Program is working. Should I try the neck stuff?

------------------
    T-Pooh and Quitten went up the hill,
    to make a bet on a Foreward.
    When it all came down,
    they were nowhere to be found.
    Now they should be drawn and quartered.

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

How long have you been using Program, Colby? It takes awhile for it to start working.

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.