1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WaPo]West Virginia cop fired for not killing a man with an unloaded gun

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ottomaton, Sep 14, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bobby refuses to acknowledge that the officer who had the restraint not to shoot by utilizing his situational awareness and who was ACTUALLY there unlike bobby, has the better vantage point of making an educated decision on whether the individual with the firearm was a threat worth trying to deescalate or shoot.

Because of Bobby's unmerited hubris, he believes that situation I described is physically impossible. Remember that bobby tries to espouse a notion that he is some form of an expert in handling high stress situations but he was nothing more than an enlisted clerk at an S-2 shop.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No compassion

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"Compassion" gets people killed when it comes to dealing with unstable people who are armed. If it had gotten people killed in this instance I doubt anyone would be praising his "compassion", they'd be calling him a moron. He's still a moron despite the fact that they were lucky enough to have no one harmed.

4. fchowd0311

Seriously... Stop acting as if you are some sort of expert in handling armed individuals.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bobby thinks that he's an expert on lots of things. I am thankful that he has nothing better to do all day than posting his asinine opinions on clutchfans. Can you imagine if he was out there contaminating others with his terrible opinions? Even worse, what if he was out there influencing policy or something like that. Would be a catastrophe.

6. fchowd0311

If he did have any political clout he would be nothing more than a Louie Gohmert type where everyone just points and laughs at him.

7. fchowd0311

Bobby was in the room to make a judgement on whether said cop was a 'moron'.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

just ignore bobby. I doubt he has the skill to know much of anything.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never said I was an expert, but it's pretty clear that i understand things better than some here....you know, it's why I always have to explain why things happen that so many others are confused about.

I know that your ignorance, or the ignorance of others on this board doesn't make me an expert, but i can understand how some would think so by comparison.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Nah bobby i don't think you do understand most of your statements prove that you have no clue you continue to call posters ignorant in many threads where it's clear you have no clue about what really going on.I E the label of troll has been placed.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't doubt that you think that and it's adorable that you think you know what you're talking about but when I continually have to explain how the world works to kids like you it's kind of hard to take you seriously.

One of these days you'll figure it out probably and I have sympathy for people like you that are just a little bit slower than you should be so we can leave it at that.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

See you continue to show you have know clue with petty insults you make yourself look bad.

13. fchowd0311

How are you so certain that the officer is a 'moron' for not shooting someone when there is no video evidence either way. You were not in the room:confused:

I actually know EXACTLY why. It has EVERYTHING to do with you having this notion that the officer's chief, because he holds a higher position of authority, is a infallible god. That's why you hold these notions where you just automatically assume that the firing was justified. The officer could have VERY solid reasons for not shooting the individual. You can make an argument that that the officer that didn't fire could simply be an individual who is just merely a broken clock that is right once in a while out of pure chance but again... that is NOTHING more than conjecture on your part. The problem with you is when you turn that conjecture into some objective fact where anyone with a dissenting opinion is a ignorant moron because of your ridiculously unmerited hubris. It's not even that your views are that extreme. It's just the unwarranted hubris you attach to all your posts dilutes whatever you are trying to say.

You have a serious authority worshiping complex also.

#53 fchowd0311, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't doubt that you think that I have "know" clue....we've been over this kiddo.

15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Not saying what the cop did was right or wrong but I'm sure a lot of fellow officers also disagree with how he handled it. Not just random Joe schmoes on clutchfans.

So even though most of us on clutchfans are not swat team situational experts, we can question whether the officer put himself or other innocent civilians at risk with his action.

The bigger issue is how cops react and fire on armed people. Obviously there have been trigger happy or nervous cops who killed innocent people unnecessarily.

On the flip side, civilians have to put the damn gun down if asked to by a cop. They have to know the difficult situation they are putting the cop in in that situation and how not putting it down when asked could mean their own death.

I think some segments of society these days are too stupid and entitled to realize this fact.

16. fchowd0311

There is no problem with having an opinion that the cop might have been wrong here. The problem is when someone believes their conjecture is objective fact.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Actually ,he does...,try this

[​IMG]

"Hey Bobby ,where is the nearest sushi restaurant in town "

18. fchowd0311

Actually with more context, the officer I believe was in the right.

He didn't put other civilians' lives at risk. It was in a house where the individual who called 911 was his sister who explicitly told the dispatcher that he is a suicidal threat but only to himself and she told dispatch to SAVE HIS LIFE.

It goes to show that with any domestic dispute or if you have any family member who is suicidal, calling the cops IS THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jek6XusdOwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. fchowd0311

One more question. Is this unprecedented? Has a cop ever been fired for NOT shooting someone in the States? I'm genuinely curious here.

20. Buck Turgidson

I totally agree with Otto on page 1. This is exactly the kind of well-trained situationally-aware police I want on the street. They should give him a medal and let him be in charge of HR.