1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. fattz

fattz Member

As the season ends and the increased incompetence shows on the daily. I believe we are paying Wall “hush money”. Wall, like anyone else like him, sees the inner works of the organization and came to this conclusion last year. Wall is really honest and will say what he sees. The behind the scenes it is not the Rockets development but rather Wall knowing it’s a clown show. Wall on a open mic after every game is not productive, he would and should hold the coach, staff and organization accountable. Ever player that has had success in the league gets away from the Rockets as fast as possible, less Eric Gordon. One even plays on a minimum vs maximum contract NOT to be here. Wall not being around is a favor to Silas and Stone. If Wall was playing the rookies would know they have become part of the Circus. (Know I am not a Wall fan & this logical conclusion based on the actions of the organization)

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall would still be in Washington losing games if the Wizards didn’t want to get rid of his ass…he played last year and all of CF hated him

matter of fact, most didn’t want him playing this year and taking minutes and touches away from KPJr

I’ve never viewed Wall as this bastion of competency

Why can’t the Rockets just tank and be sorry in peace?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Floor

Tfor3 and hajkov like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The way Wall has been handled just epitomizes the incompetence of the Rox leadership....
    I mean they spent the last year paying him how many millions - and made 0 efforts to move him... just stupid...
    I was hopeful we were gonna get him moved to the Clips - but that didnt happen...
    He shoulda been played up until the trade deadline... at min when he wanted to rejoin the team he should have been given his desired starting position - up until the trade deadline....
    Yer never gonna sell a car if you got it sitting up on blocks...

but thats the Rox methodology at present.... "just keep telling the fans to trust the process... we'll get some draft picks - and hope we get lucky.... never mind trying to make something happen..."

never mind trying to make our own luck...

smh...

fattz likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Finally, after 2 years of this same ol topic we are going to get to say "he's an expiring contract, a positive asset" and the chance of dealing him away goes up. It's so close.

vator likes this.
  6. Iknako

Iknako Member

Somebody explain me why we don't buyout him? We can't swap him and he doesn't want to play for us. İ don't understand this situation!

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He’s a great tank commander. Play him and make him earn his money. This is a guy who chosen money over playing in the league for potentially 2 yrs.

I don’t blame him, but I think the situation is pathetic

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ceiling

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think so, who is going to want a guy that has 46m due to him and hasn't played in over a year...????

DD

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Living, breathing cap space ...His expiring contract is a facilitating piece..to be combined with drafts picks for a young star.

#10 Plowman, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    Aruba77 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

because both parties have to agree to a buyout

Where is the evidence that Wall is amenable to a buyout? Not every player is willing to give up money

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Writing a 90 million dollar check to a guy so he can play for another team would be hard to stomach even for somebody not as cheap as Tilmann. If you have to pay him one way or the other, you may as well hold on to see if something decent presents itself.

Maybe you can pawn his expiring off on some other team and get something, lot of stupid front offices.

i3artow i3aller and napalm06 like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We don't know how much effort they made to move him. He is a replacement level player making $46M or whatever.

14. fattz

fattz Member

Schroeder < Wall

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd say he's less of a negative asset this last year as he has less contract left. Problem with him as an
    expiring is there are a limited number of contracts that match his and it is a lot of money. Though, Rockets aren't going to buy him out this year as if the unlikely trade does happen, it will be worth it over having another roster spot.

#15 Joe Joe, Mar 27, 2022
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not for Houston

Wall didn't want to accept his role or buy into the system for Houston, he literally refused to play for us.

Schroder, on the other hand, comes off the bench with a smile, is always cheering from the bench, always talking with the young players, and has averaged higher assists per minute with lower turnovers per minute than Wall did last season.

Schroder >>> Wall for this team

I'd be welcome us bringing Dennis back (if he wants to be back).

#16 ThatBoyNick, Mar 27, 2022
    my time to shine likes this.
  17. my time to shine

Overly emotional take.

We needed a full year to assess KPJ at point - that’s all

18. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

What if Zion makes it clear that he won't re-sign with the Pelicans next year and is relatively healthy? Maybe Wall + 2 first round picks gets a Zion + Ingram package so they can start their own rebuild.

Mr.Scary likes this.
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Because unless he agrees to less than the full amount, the money still counts against the cap for next season.

This has been done to death.

By not playing him, there is the tiniest chance he might opt out. Or take a less than full $$ buyout so that he can hit the FA market and try earn it all back.

Buying him out just to get rid of him is silly. Doing it to save $$ makes more sense.

my time to shine likes this.
  20. my time to shine

Do you truly believe this? Because this is ridiculous.

Rockets would love to ship wall out, without having to attach draft assets of course.

Nobody would buy, so we are sitting Wall and giving KPJ a full time audition at point in order to evaluate his future on the team.

Would you rather Rockets attach a first round pick to get rid of Wall instead of just benching him?