1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Which option do you like best?

1. Walker FOR Mobley, Taylor and Maddox

33 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Walker and K. Brown FOR Taylor, Norris, Griffen and Posey

11 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Get Walker but for other players

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. Don't want him

150 vote(s)
    74.3%
  1. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

On the Mike and Mike show this morning, they said Boston needed to make a change and the thought Walker had the most trade value. Would you trade for him? Would you do one of these trades?

Walker FOR Mobley, Taylor and Maddox
    Walker and K. Brown FOR Taylor, Norris, Griffen and Posey

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The LAST thing this team needs is a power forward that jacks up 600 three pointers per year and barely grabs more rebounds than Taylor....no thank you, sir...

I WAS looking at Boston at realgm.com though, but I'm not sure what we have that they would want. I doubt that they'll do a complete overhaul, because they just got back into the playoffs last year. I was thinking about Tony Delk...He's not making much money, and he can't be any worse than Moochie...

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly! Walker is the LAST person this team needs. Hey, can we trade for Walker and then trade him to the Clippers for Brand? I would be up for that move! ;)

4. Summer Song Giver

Walker is ten times the player Taylor will ever be and a legitimate and fairly young superstar to help out Steve while Yao learns the game. If we could get him for Mobley, Taylor and Norris then hell yeah, I'm all over it. Keep in mind we are not damaging any of our strengths with this trade. We keep Cato to b/u Yao and we keep Eddie and hope he shows some improvement. If we did this trade we are in the playoffs but I doubt we could get Boston to bite without including Eddie.

5. munco

munco Member

no thanks. what is walker good at? jacking up 3s?

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Last summer management cheapness derailed Celtic momentum. This summer the same bright folks brought in Ainge, long a critic of Walker.

C's will be dealing. I doubt MoT is an Ainge kind of guy, but Cat probably is. I prefer sending Cat for Dre, so let's find a third partner and get AW here. He is tough, I like the guy. He would give Yao space to operate in the low post and still can make the opposing 4 pay from 3 pt land AND he has proved he doesn't have to be 'da man'.

Get AW!

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is Rodney Rodgers still in Boston?

I'd perfer him and Delk
    for Mo T

Rocket River

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

He wouldn't do well in the West! Too slow, can't jump.....

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I believe I saw Rodgers in a Nets uniform last night.

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

you guys seriously need to watch antoine walker play more than just a hand full of games. true, toine shoots too many threes. but, when you put him on a team with an emerging center (yao), is that such a bad thing? it's not like he's shooting at a horrible clip.

secondly, you toine bashers fail to mention that he is a triple double threat almost every time he gets on the court. statistically, he is a poor rebounder, but when toine is on top of his game, there's nothing he can't do on the court. his passing is absolutely great, and his ballhandling is the best in the league at the power forward spot.

everyone wants this 20-10 monster at the power forward spot, but the reality is that we don't have the players necessary to trade for a 20-10 monster. what we have to look at is either:

1) developing their own pf into a 20-10 monster; or
    2) acquiring a talented, yet slightly flawed pf, and trying to change/hide his negatives while accentuating his positives

that said, i do not want to trade griffin in order to acquire walker. i think antoine is extremely talented, yes. however, i want to keep griff behind him, playing less minutes than he did this past year. then, if the time comes that griffin is ready to get 35-40 minutes per night, we'd have a good decision to make:

1) move antoine for a talented player; or
    2) move griffin or toine to the small forward

it's a win/win situation. no one here can accuse toine of being selfish. dude has deferred to paul pierce consistently without whining. yes, he had a terrible series against new jersey. big whoop! so that series makes him a terrible player for the rockets?!! hell no! what have the current rocket players ever done in the playoffs? nothing. and before you say "yea, but they could be good", i'll retort: people learn from mistakes. and i guarantee toine will learn from his.

toine would work on the rockets.

get toine.

11. verse

also, toine addressing another issue: taking some of the decision making out of steve francis' hands. he is BY FAR the best ballhandling pf in the league and better than all but maybe 1 sf in the league (odom).

12. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

toine isnt what we need. he cant play Defense....doesnt play the post. doesnt rebound all that well. Right now in the series hes getting his ass killed by Kmart. If hes getting manhandled this badly by an eastern PF think when you match him up against the duncans, webbers, kgs, malones, brands...

13. verse

lost_elephant:

how does kmart do against those same pfs in the west? or have you even seen him against those same pfs in the west?

let me fill you in: kmart is an absolutely outstanding defender. i've seen him face those guys and he does quite well. he also does quite well against small forwards.

secondly, you're wrong. toine does play in the post. in fact, his footwork is the best in the league for power forwards. the best. that's right.

does he play in the post enough? no. he doesn't. but that's where coaching comes in. if he comes here, you make him work more in the post.

third, his defense is about average. no, he's not a 1st team defensive player. but he is no worse than any power forward on our team defensively and light years better offensively than any pf on our team. again...worse case scenario he's a stop gap until eddie is ready (2-3 years).

14. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

I like 'toine a lot, too. However, I would only want him if we could get him without giving up either Cato or Griffin. That means we would have to offer something like Mo T + Cat for Walker. I don't know if the Celtics go for that...but if for some reason they do, then I think its a good trade. I believe that Walker is in the last year of his contract, so if it turns out that he's not a good fit, then we have both his AND Rice's contract coming off the books for next summer.

15. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

give it a break. this guy is overrated and will never be on our team. just realize it, toine is a joke.

i cant believe were even talking about that kid. his 3 point percentage is almost as high as his field goal percentage, hell, eddie griff shoots better in both those categories. actually, Eddie G gets .6 rebounds less in 17 less minutes of work.

this guy takes 20 shots a game. 8 out of the 20 shots are 3 pointers. is that really what we need? isnt the direction we are moving is steve and yao being our go-to guys? we dont need toine. we need the player that can get his, while doing the dirty work down low. pj brown, kurt thomas, brand...these are the types that we need.

brand probably the most. as he has never attempted more than 16.41 shots per game on average. and that has even dropped the last 2 years while his blocks and rebounds have increased. this last year he was at 14.5. also gets 4.6 off rebounds per game...

players like thomas, brown, brand...dont need the ball to be effective. toine does.

#15 lost_elephant, May 13, 2003
    Last edited: May 13, 2003
  16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'd like toine too verse. Unless its Walker for Mobes and Taylor, I can't think of a trade I'd like for him tho.

17. HakeemdaDream

HakeemdaDream Member

walker sucks and deserves to got to any team except the rockets please.

18. verse

averages vs. kenyon martin:

KG: 21ppg
    duncan: 21ppg
    webber: 27ppg
    brand: 20ppg
    karl malone: 22ppg

none of those guys, except for webber, abused k mart.

averages vs. antoine walker:

KG: 26ppg 43%fg
    duncan: 20ppg 56%fg
    webber: 27points 57%fg (only played 1 game)
    brand: 26points 75%fg (only played 1 game)
    karl malone: 20ppg 42%fg

so webber and brand got off in singular games, duncan was actually held to 20, kg was held to 43% fg, and karl was held to 42%fg.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

more importantly, what did Walker do against them...

20. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Antoine Walker can put up 20 ppg in the WC. However, he has a significant downside....

• he needs 20 shots per game to do it
    • he averages 7 total boards
    • he averages 4 assists
    • he shoots 30.7% from the arc
    These stats are from his 16 games versus the WC playoff teams. Plus he costs $13.5m and $14.6m for the next two seasons.

I'll pass.