1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vipers Coach on Royce White: "He was as bad as anybody who can play on the floor tonight"

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

He burned his bridges a long time ago.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

More like T-Will x 2.

At least T-Will reported to the team when he was supposed to. But they are similar in that I think that they both think that they deserve to be starting right off the bat in the NBA without putting in the work and playing with the necessary discipline. Granted they are both very talented, but unless you are on a terrible team and/or you are Lebron/Duncan/Rose/etc. coming out of college, you have to earn your minutes.

3. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Is there an F-League we can ship him to?

4. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

He'll be our next trade filler.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think I half agree with this. I think posting in these forums is all about examining the good and bad about teams. It's about discussing and disecting the teams, players and performances.

I totally agree with that tweeting about it serves no purpose except to possibly humilate someone publically.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This post is r****ded. #bewell

7. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

8. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JOlWo6fBNlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To me it's not all the drama and the bad performance - it's the lack of effort and bad attitude on the court. That shows a lot. He's doesn't have what it takes to be in the NBA. That's the bottom line. No one will want him.

He either changes really fast, or he is going to find himself out of the Rockets organization by the end of the year I think.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

just release him please..

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Well, this is going to go well.

Royce isn't going to be immune to criticism, just like posters on this BBS aren't immune. No one gets to have untouchable status. Even Clutch has mud thrown his way on occasion. Taking up the sword to defend Royce simply on the notion that he should be hands off is a bit misguided. It's fine to correct anyone that says something that is mistaken or wrong, but you're going to be spinning your wheels if you're out to silence his critics.

I will say I sympathize to a degree - I wish the Thomas Robinson Irrational Hate Club would chill out over in the GARM, but it is what it is and it's part of the territory out here.

I think you also have to accept that Royce made a terrible mistake that he'll never be able to fully undo with his Strike Out. If there's one single things fans are slow to forgive, it's betraying the team. It's why Pippen and McGrady will forever go down wearing black hats around here. Maxwell barely got away with it. If the fans don't believe a player is giving reasonable effort, they are going to turn on him every time. Royce compounded matters in the worst way by letting himself go during his strike.

I'm not rooting for him to fail, but he has managed to turn himself into the Rockets' version of Lindsay Lohan...and it's human nature to be drawn to trainwrecks.

1 person likes this.
  12. Omer

Omer Member

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And Royce White is ejected... lol