1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vipers Coach on Royce White: "He was as bad as anybody who can play on the floor tonight"

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. MonKing

MonKing Member

We can't praise players or bash them? What's left for CF?

He has a bad game, he has a bad attitude, and he has a really bad chance of ever playing for the Rockets.

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

T-Will actually wants to play basketball and is always in superb shape. He's actually looking like a player now (just signed by BOS).

3. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Royce,

Stop tweeting about basketball.

Don't watch the news.

Don't read the paper.

There is a basketball solution to every basketball problem you have.

It's no one's business what other problems you have. The sooner you stop feeding the trolls, the fewer there will be.

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He is literally 30 pounds away from being an NBA bench warmer. When watching him move on the court, I can't help but think about old guys at the local YMCA... I mean he has beech teets and is 21 years old, does anyone think he's going to have a great body when he's 31?

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No - but if we're honest Royce was never in great shape at college either.

From when ESPN started raving about him moving up in the draft I was thinking "Il Bustino". Very sad that we got him, and then the idiotic standoff stuff....

Can't wait until we get rid of him! I'm HOPING he has a couple of dazzling games in the DLeague playoffs so we can dump him on someone for a 2nd round pick or something...

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can respect that Xiki, but for me, the guy is just not worth the trouble and can never be trusted.

I would rather he be gone from the Rockets and be someone else's problem.

He is just not that good - he is Anthony Mason at best, IMO, and that would require him to CARE enough to play.

I want him gone, so this team can grow without his distraction - I mean he would not even answer text messages from teamates - sorry, I think he is putting it on somewhat.

DD

7. platypus

platypus Member

You know at first I thought your criticism against royce was a bit irrational. But after watching his games in the D-League i have to say i agree with your criticism.

Before the season his work ethic was a question, but now IMO his work ethic is a major concern. You just don't want that kind of guy in the locker room with our young guys. Last thing we need is our guys showing a lack of effort a.l.a whats happening in Philly right now.

At this point if morey can get a second rounder for royce i'd be happy.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe instead of "bashing" a player...especially a rocket, discuss why he had a bad game and what he did, how he can improve etc. No need for bashing.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You must be new to this internet thing.

DD

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Good points, but I still think his unique skill-set is potential is worth keeping him around. He has been a head case thus far, but it's not like he's costing the Rockets much financially or distracting the team that much, he is just out in the D-League anyways. Not like anybody is going to trade for him anyways. If anything cut him over the off-season if he pulls this again.

I can imagine in a few years from now he is a great player and we are all saying "Remember how we actually wanted to get ride of him?" And all of his drama will be a distant memory...

11. MonKing

MonKing Member

Okay. He had a bad game because he is fat and out of shape, can't control his temper and needs to focus on the game instead of picking fights with other D-league-ers. He can improve by practicing, laying off the Wendy's specials, and spending more time on his basketball career than he does his tweets.

1 person likes this.
  12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

royce was drafted in the first round dumbass.

13. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Chill guys. He's got Dr. Phil tomorrow.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much this. The tweeting isn't fun at all. I don't know if it's a compulsion with him, but he should try and not do it.

It's one game after a long time of not playing and practicing. I wouldn't expect him to be in the rhythm of the game yet, to be sharp with any part of his game. He's down there to get to that point, to get the experience he needs, knock some rust off, and develop against professional talent.

Either he can or he can't. That's the bottom line. If he can't, then cut him and let him go. But it's not that time yet. I think anyone who thought Royce would be a star in the D-League at this stage was incredibly unrealistic.

To me it isn't news that he had a bad game. It's what would be expected of anyone. This is different than someone who'd already played at a high level and was coming back from an injury.

White has never played in a professional league before with all professional players. He doesn't have that to draw on. This is where he learns it. You don't learn that in this short period of time.

Within the month hopefully we see some improvement. If not, I start to worry. If he can't make something good happen in two months or by the end of the season, then it's time to move on.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

idiot.

16. Anxiety Trooper

Royce white is a bum. Dude can't even dominate at the Mexican Snake team. The rockets should take his poster down from the Toyota center. It's gay

17. MonKing

MonKing Member

If you have seen him play with the Vipers you know he's fat. And he has tweeted about how he would rather eat Wendys than practice. So what am I missing here?

Do you think he should be treated with more respect because, like 99% of the rest of the professionals in the D-league and the NBA he is working hard on improving his game? No, in this case Royce is one of the 1%.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't have a twitter so i don't know or even care what he's saying on it. I respect him just like anybody else because he's a man, he's a rocket. He hasn't personally assulted me or anybody else physically or verbally to my knowledge. There for there's no reason to have anything against him. Especially no reason to "bash him".

I've seen so many absolutely disgusting, imature and rude post about him, that why i'v been almost forced into defending him on here. You guys need to chill. Don't like what he says on twitter? Unfollow him. Don't like him? Don't think, talk or post about him and move on.

19. MonKing

MonKing Member

Got'cha. Your lumping my comment into every other thing you have ever read about him and responding to the total. And you think fans shouldn't comment negatively about players. Okay, get where you are coming from now.

20. TB86

TB86 Member

It's a shame that Royce is wasting his talent by being immature and a baby about everything. What could have been...