1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. StrawberryJamm

There was a game late in the season that didn't matter much we were down by like 20 in the 4th and already cemented in the 4 seed.

Canaan, Daniels, and Covington came in and were raining 3's it was fun to watch, they almost came back and won the game until Jordan Hamilton started shooting.

These guys were playing together and breaking records in RGV, I don't know if this will work in the NBA. But all these signings of under acheivers who have been through are system and fit the play style lead me to believe that Daryl Morey thinks it will work (at least for 12 minutes a night).

No veterans for McHale to fall back to he has to play them, and if he's any coach at all he'll play to their strengths. By playoff time we were down to a 8 man rotation any way. We need 3 or 4 of these guys out of 10 to turn into players.

Anyone else think Morey's trying to learn from the spurs and establish chemistry and high speed play style to beat out more proven talent for 12 minutes?

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

these viper guys suck lol. They were playing against scrubs, got lucky on 3's because they were not really covered. Oh and they suck in defense too. we need a legit bench. not d-league scrubs.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

time to change your sig

4. StrawberryJamm

This is the bench we have. They can't all suck, someone's gonna step up, now whether that's just 2 of em or the 5 we need we'll see. They have to come in and run, take quick shots, and swarm on D to have any chance of sucseeding. The play style that the starting 5 plays with we'll not with with these guys.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

dude, our bench (even outside the Viper boys) pretty much sucked too.

no way to go but up for the bench

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

imagine we had that team

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

See, I don't think their defense is good enough for NBA players.. but they are a bench. I think they will continue to have the ability to score which means we have a bench capable of keeping us in games while starters rest

8. bmd

bmd Member

I can imagine a team with LeBron James and Kevin Durant on it.... so what?