1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vids Question] Which videos should I offer this year?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Rockets2K, Sep 24, 2008.

Tags:
?

Which videos do you want to see

1. Full game video

515 vote(s)
    66.9%
  2. Pre/Post game video

179 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. highlight clips

477 vote(s)
    61.9%
  4. None of them

11 vote(s)
    1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Pre-season is coming on us quickly, and when I look at the options that are out there for the long-distance Rockets fan, I start to wonder just how much of the videos I do are *really* wanted by the rest of yall.

So, I'm starting a poll, please answer so I can get a accurate feel for what you guys want to see me post.

In the past I have done 3 videos for each game

1 - every good play/scoring play from the Rockets (the highlight vid)

2 - the pre and postgame shows that are always on FSN broadcasts.(not released on My20 broadcasts)

3 - the full game including the short pregame with Bill and Bull/Clyde and the halftime if shown and I have room for it (I try to keep the game vid under 2 hrs)

now, I've noticed a steep dropoff in downloads since the streaming games have started, how many people actually download them or really want them?

same with the pre/post vid

Im assuming from what I have heard that the highlight clip is very popular both on my tracker and on youtube, and since that means that the fans get enjoyment form them I plan to continue doing them regardless of the results of this poll.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In order of importance to me, I'd rank them highlights, full game, pre/post show.

I rarely watch the pre and post game show on TV, and I very much doubt I'd ever download them. I regularly watched your highlights last season, and I'd get the game on occasion.

And if I haven't said it before, thanks for the time/effort you put into this stuff.

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I live on Guam and I download all the games that you post.....so please keep them games coming. Thanks!!!

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I voted full game and pre post. Those are the bits I use to make videos and to rewatch.

I compile them together and make the full game video (sans commercials)

5. Landlord Landry

how about mixing in some interviews and stuff. ya know, the often times goofy stuff, I think it makes the players seem to be more personable. Any one can make a highlight dunk reel, and we've all seen 'em. and how about something other than rap as the background music? I like rap as much as the next fella, but I don't understand why it has to be married to basketball. mix in some Sigur Ros or Deftones. :D

at any rate, I do like your vids.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well, the pre/post video is the one that has all the interviews...there is always no less than 3 or 4 players interviewed in the pregame and postgame shows.

and I dont add music period.....I dont do remixes, I just do straight clips, the video straight from the game.

thanks for all the answers so far folks

7. Trisha

Trisha Member

I used to download all the games,highlights,pre/post that you post in years,hiahia.
    thanks a lot.
    but,hey R2k,could you improve the video's quality(such as the size ect.) this year? you konw,now the viedo's quality improve more and more,and we want to watch and collect more clear Rockets^_^
    just a suggestion:)

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I love the highlights.. I d/l the full games during the playoffs only, and no big deal to me if they were gone. That's cause I have league pass and watch the games when they're on for the most part..

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am local so I only download if I missed a game or if there was a good interview I missed.

I feel selfish to say keep doing them all when I don't d/l them often but keep doing all of them.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

funny you mention that, I was just kicking myself for not including a choice to vote for higher quality.

of course, you realize that higher quality means bigger file size which means longer download times...Im toying with the idea of increasing the file size, if you dont mind longer download times, go ahead and post and say so.

11. Bandwagoner

The game vids were a few hundred megs right? I cannot find any on my HDD now and I cannot remember.

How big would you be able to make them? Since they are so fresh when we want them finding seeders and peers is hardly a problem and the D/L's go fast.

12. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

i say pre and post cause i don't get to see those in georgia i can watch the game and thats it unless it is on a major network i don't see interviews. I wished NBA LP had something to where i could watch interviews but i can't

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

full game was right at 700M so they would fit on CDs
    highlights were anywhere between 50M-70M
    pre/post was anywhere from 150M-200M depending on amount of duplicate content.

the highlight video would be the easiest to increase, I could easily jack it up to 100M without really slowing down the downloads too much...maybe an additional halfhour or so.(at optimal speeds) What is the file size limitation on youtube? I dont really use it hardly, I wouldnt want to make it difficult for them to be posted there since that seems to have a huge viewership.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Dude, I know for a fact that it takes a LOT of work on your part.

I think you should just post the highlights and pre/post game.

And if anyone wants to get the full game, I guess they could request it.

BTW.... Thanks! I'd like to think that I can speak for everyone when I say that your hard work game after game, year after year is always greatly appreciated!

15. Bandwagoner

Well the youtube consideration is not a problem because the quality was already downgraded from what you released, so downgrading it from a even higher res should not stop anyone.

I agree the HQ will probably be much easier to do just the highlights. The difference will be obvious if you double the size.

16. Michael Phelps

I'd enjoy Full Games.

17. Bandwagoner

I am no expert but I think the highlights would be the most time consuming and he already said he gonna keep doing that. Like most people I d/Led the highlights even when I caught the game. Unless we lost terribly.

18. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

For my staying in China.most of the preseason games wont be televised anyways..so I'd like to watch full game vids rather than pre&post game. :p
    anyways .thanks pal ya been doin a good jobbbb!...

19. nokidding

nokidding Member

I am not in Houston so I will be totally dependent on you to see Rockets' games, and I mean full games.

A lot of thanks!

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Highlights are the best. People found creative ways to get full games streamed last year even after the game ended, so I'm not surprised that fewer people downloaded those. But only R2K can get you those sweet highlights and pre/postgame shows.

I would vote to increase quality on the highlight vids only. Right now they download extremely fast via torrents, so you can easily double the file size and most people would still get them quickly. Full games in better quality would take forever to download.