1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video timeline of Trump crackdown on Lafayette Square

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rileydog, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I suck at the inter web, but I’m hopefully going to succeed in posting this video timeline of the Trump crackdown on peaceful protesters in Lafayette Square in advance of the charlatan’s masquerading as a “Christian”. With so many people recording, it’s impossible for team trump to perpetuate the lies to any right thinking people.

if I failed, someone more savvy please come to my rescue. I don’t know how to do this the fancy way where the video appears on my post.

FrontRunner, jchu14, edwardc and 11 others like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Just following order.

B@ffled, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

One of the most disgusting events in recent American history, the only silver lining is that it's already widely recognized as a disgrace, and even the scumbags like General stubbyfingers barr recognize this and have spent the past week lying their way out of it.

We won't forget this ever.

We won't forget you Barr.

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

At this point I just keep saying surely this is the most disturbing thing he will do or say. And then just like his saying of hold my cheeseburger, he does something that out Trumps his previous event of insanity. And the coward Republicans politicians that preach America values but have no comments on his actions to me are the worst of it all. Their silence will be reflected November.

#5 nickb492, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That is so surreal.

7. Rileydog

This idiotic stunt probably cost him more votes than anything else...covid, impeachment, the vanity wall, cofefe, whatever.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Correct... you'd have to go back to Kent State killings or the police enforcing segregation in the 60's to see more horrifying and shameful images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Not even close to Kent State. I know this photo op move serves as a rally cry for the left but I don’t have any sympathy for the protestors. How many were killed? Zero. They were asked to move back 3 times and then they we’re forcibly moved back. That’s that cool thing about putting on your skinny jeans and going to a protest. You might get scratched up or get your feelings hurt. Then you’ll have a cool story to tell your friends. If you’re really stupid and throw **** at the police you might catch a beating.

Moral to the story: If you don’t want to catch a beating, listen to the police. Especially near the White House where they are extra sensitive about protecting the President.

You guys can make this your generation’s Kent State if you want. But I’m not buying the press. DBags weren’t even social distancing. WTF??!! There’s the real outrage. Or was that in vogue last month?

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Tear gas in vogue too?
    cmon dude you don't use tear gas

like I cant believe im even having to type this
    smh

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Didn't you hear?

They asked them to move 3 times.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Rileydog

soooo, you’re gonna conveniently ignore (1) protesters were exercising their 1st amendment rights, (2) all was fine till law enforcement and military moved in, and (3) it was all to clear them out for a comically bad photo op of a charlatan holding a Bible in front of a church?

oh, the real outrage is not social distancing, not the gross violation of first amendment rights or tear gas and chemical irritants on civilians exercising said rights.

Come back and address this if you have any semblance of an answer.

#13 Rileydog, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    RayRay10, FrontRunner, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed, it's not Kent State. Maybe on par with the 1967 UW Madison Dow protest, which was the first student antiwar protest to be tear gassed. This link has some good images and background on that event. Of course 3 years later this same school had the Sterling Hall Bombing, same year as Kent State. Since our experience in the Vietnam War era, I think we've taken lessons about respecting protest and refraining from excessive force to suppress them. But it's perhaps not surprising that the learnings would fade with time (especially with a president who never learned them, even though he was an adult at the time). Hopefully we don't need more tragedy to remember them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Gulf War wasn't even close to WWII.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'll let my original statement stand on what my position is.

17. Rileydog

Sorry, but that’s weak. I expected better. Actually I didn’t. I hoped for more of a response.

RayRay10 likes this.