1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]Poor guy......all he wanted was a pizza....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mulletman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. mulletman

mulletman Member

hope this hasnt been posted before

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pizzaparlorbrawl.html

The video shows Mark Jones, who is more than 6 feet tall and weighs almost 300 pounds, repeatedly striking Joseph Scarpino in the face and body as customers watched.

Jones was found guilty of felonious assault last week and was sentenced to four years in prison.

Scarpino suffered a broken eye socket and nose, a concussion and a chipped tooth in the beating.

The incident began when Jones' girlfriend cut in line in front of Scarpino.

Scarpino was on his cell phone and told his fiance it might take a little longer to get their pizza.

Jones' girlfriend got mad at the comment and created such a commotion that the manager tried to kick her out.

That's when Jones stepped in and hit Scarpino at least seven times.

Jones' girlfriend, Prestia Sims, is scheduled to go on trial next month for her alleged role in the incident.

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

3. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

That pizza video is just sickening.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah man, I can't find any humor in that.

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

that guy better actually stay his ass in prison for 4 years. I hope Bubba makes him his b****.

btw: notice all the "heroes" watching? way to save the day huh? i mean, i don't know what i would have done in that situation...but if everybody went to stop him at once they definately could have.

6. droxford

droxford Member

That MF shoulda been sentenced to a helluva lot more time than four years for that.

-- droxford

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

What a b!tch that girlfriend is! She cuts in front of the guy and then starts smacking him upside the head for saying "it might take a little longer to get the pizza." :confused: :mad:

I hope she gets a few years as well.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

How stupid can you be? I hope both the man and his girlfriend who started this whole thing get payback for this crap, especially the GF. She deserves more years in jail than her boyfriend got, as she essentially was the driving force behind the entire incident.

This is beyond sad for the state of the human race though.

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Let it just be said that if anyone says anything untoward after I cut in front of them in line, I will beat them until they have multiple facial fractures, because I CAN'T BE ****ED WITH.

All your place in line belong to me.

This is making me want to go fight someone. I'll be back in a bit.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Did this make anybody else cry tears of laughter. LOL! :D

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I can't even imagine the force of that first punch ... granted the video isn't very high quality, but damn that was vicious. Glad to hear the man got 4 years in prison. Hopefully the woman serves time also (I did see her spitting at the pizza shop employee, right?), but not too hopeful of that.

Hard to rip the bystanders during the fight. Dude was 6-foot-4, nearly 300 pounds. I think I would have been more than a little stunned to see that .... if you step in, you better have a lot of help. More stunned to see the people standing there in line AFTER the guy left. It looks to me like one guy is there helping him in the back right, and someone from the pizza shop finally steps out to help. I guess some people didn't want to lose their place in line.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

that video is messed up. he's lucky he didn't get killed by that idiot. truly some unbelieveably stupid people out there, 4 years is too little.

anyways, none of those people even flinched to help that dude even after the guy had left. the most they do is turn their heads down and stare, "like you got beat the $%# up." poor guy.

doesn't the good samaratin law apply here? :)

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

they were probably just too shocked to do anything. who get so violent over such a trivial matter? its amazing how much anger some people have...

those that werent shocked were probably too scared. personally, i wouldnt want this 300 lb behemoth breaking my eye socket and nose after he gets done with the first guy. or even worse, have him pull out a gun and put a bullet in my ass after i try to help the guy getting beat.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Does the video have sound I am at work right now and cannot hear anything if it does.

15. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I feel bad for the guy that got pummelled. This b!tch got all in his **** and a person can only take so much.

Honestly, what would you do?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OMFG !!

What kind of crap was that......

That just pisses me off.......

I wish that guy had a gun or a taser so he could have shot that MFer.......

That big FAT guy does not deserve to be part of any civilized society, drop his a$$ in the desert somewhere with no water and let the vultures get him.

Pa FRICKEN thetic.

DD

17. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I first read about this (haven't seen video yet as I'm at work) on HarmonyCentral's message board. The original post turned into a 10 page argument over whether the people there should have stepped in.

What do you all think - do we have any obligation to be 'good samaritans?'

I'll give my take once I can get home and see the video.

18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

19. fya

fya Member

Gutless b****es should have stepped in and took that wildebeast down. I hate people who don't help when they know THEY should.

20. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

OMG! that was sick....If I had a gun license, would I be able to shoot his ass if i was witnessing that?