1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video of Me Makin A R&B Beat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by acjeitherocket, Apr 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. acjeitherocket

1 person likes this.
  2. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

I like the beat and the whole setup you got going, real nice.
    Has anyone used any of the beats you do or is it just for fun?

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Thats actually really good compared to the other "check out my beat/rapping" threads the hangout gets every once in a while.

4. acjeitherocket

thanks..and yea a few..nothing major yet though....i might be getting signed soon to an indie label..the CEO of that label is signed to Bad Boy as an artist (he's part of a group). i dont wanna name any names yet cuz it not official yet..but we'll see what happens within the next couple of weeks

1 person likes this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sounds good man.. like someone said.. better than some of the other "check out my rap" threads going on here once in a while.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds good g, Keep it up...

#6 RudyTBag, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Here's the video... NSFW a few words.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGFAGvZFl-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGFAGvZFl-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

That's really good actually. I'm impressed. Can you give some more info on what all type of equipment it takes to put something like this together?

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Great beats man.. I've known some people that do this stuff, but this is better than I've heard from them.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Obligatory:
    Black?

I kid, sir. :D

That sounds cool. We could do without the Bongos and the Claps... but overall, it's good. I was even singing to myself in Spanish at the beginning, when you added the bass (after 'the good part'):

"Hola, mi amor... se que ya estás despierta... pero es que te tuve que hablar para decirte que ya no puedo mas vivir sin ti... escuchame... no cuelgues... dejame decirte que siento que desde que te vi, tu hermosa cara me mantiene despierto y..."
    "Hello, my love, I know you're awake already... but I just had to call to tell you that I can't live without you any longer... listen to me... don't hang up... let me tell you that I feel that since I saw you, your beautiful face has kept me awake and..."

:eek: I lost it there... but the tempo and rhythm sounds almost like like this here song by "Sin Bandera": Que Lloro - (that I Cry), or this one Entra en mi Vida - enter my life

:cool: And quit the cursing, man! I want to be able to show this to my daughters! ;)

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Next time you should try to make more than one.

12. kona-

kona- Member

This is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY better then the some of the threads people put up to see them rap or beat. And Im not even into R&B. Good job, keep it up.

13. Omer

Omer Member

Nice beat man, keep it up.

I see you just got your domain linked to your myspace for now.

I can help you make a website if you want to do that.

14. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

That why so serious is the **** I can picture Zero or Trae rappin to a beat like that

15. TheBigAristotle

not bad bro. big ups.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Not bad.

But I have to laugh at your [youtube] [/youtube] code. ROFL. :D

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Just be careful man. The music industry is a really shady business. If you haven't already, start reading up on music law and how the industry works because there is always a huge possibility of getting screwed over. Don't be so quick to sign just to be signed.

18. acjeitherocket

thanks yal...

Vinsanity - i use a Yamaha MO8 keyboard, MPC 1000 (drum machine), Sonar 8 (Digital Audio Workstation program...its what i use to arrange and edit all my tracks) and i have a Presonus Firestudio Project Recording Interface

but honestly u dont need all that...theres alot of software programs that u could use to produce music (Fruity Loops aka FL studio, and Propellerheads Reason are the main ones people use). I tried using FL studio when i 1st started and i hated it...so after a few weeks of getting no where i decided to save up for a more serious set up..and i havent looked back since. its really just a matter of preference. if u wanna start out makin beats..try FL Studio or Reason and go from there

SwolyD- sorry i have a potty mouth...ill try not 2 cuss in future vids lol

King Cheetah- i was usin my sis's camera and there was only like 8mins of video time on there so that was all i had time for..but i just ordered my own camera last week..so ill be making a lot more of these "beat making" videos

Omer- Id be interested in that site thing...how much would that cost me??

Uprising- lol..thats how videos are embeded on a lot of other forums i go to....and it wouldnt let me edit my post on here.... owell lol

Angkor Wat- yea ive been doing a lot of reading...im still in college so i dont even know if id sign anything til i graduate..but on the good side they said regardless if i sign or not they'd still be willing to help me out

thx for all the feedback...Go Rockets!!

19. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's up man. I listened to your beat and it's actually pretty darn good. This is actually coming from a former rapper. I was signed to an indie label when I was 17, but I started my own label 5 years ago. After a year of doing shows and selling CDs, I found out the shady stuff involved in the music biz. I ultimately quit and decided to just concentrate on school. If you're about to sign, just make sure they don't put you on the shelves like so many other artists out there. UGK didn't release an album for what....10 years because of that? Anyway, I have my music on soundclick...give it a listen and tell me what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=16352&songID=2772120

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Two things as we try to keep this real.

1) Who does the interior design of your house/apartment? Those bare walls make me cringe.

2) Your taste in shirts is beyond terrible.