1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What HD Collection Should be Next?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Nov 17, 2010.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

It seemed like an obvious decision to make at the beginning of the generation, but only recently have publishers decided to put out "HD Collections" of PS2/XBX/GCN (or whatever) games. We had the Metroid Prime Trilogy* and the God of War Collection released last year. Not sure about Metroid, but the GoW Collection sold very well. Perhaps due to that, we now have the Sly Collection, Ico/Sotc HD, Prince of Persia Trilogy, Splinter Cell Trilogy, and I think a couple of others I might be forgetting.

Assuming these continue to sell well, which franchises would you like to see next? And any features you'd like them to take advantage of (new textures, motion controls, etc.).

I'd love a Persona/SMT collection from Atlus. A Silent Hill and MGS HD collection from Konami would also be nice. Probably shouldn't hold my breath though. :(

* Yeah, not HD I guess, but wanted to include the Wii in on this. Maybe HD/Waggle Collections or something.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

I've always wanted to see remakes of older games, but since Nintendo owns basically all of the classics, it sadly isn't going to happen. At least not in HD.

4. A00man

A00man Member

MGS HD collection. Make it happen Konami!

I also want Halo 1 in HD, but I want a remake with Reach graphics instead of just an HD update. Doubt that's going to happen anytime soon though.

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I'd buy the hell out of a Ratchet and Clank HD collection.

6. Poloshirtbandit

I'd love to see the first two Metal Gear games (from MSX or whatever that system was called) remade in 3D and maybe even Snakes Revenge.

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

Madden 04. I want to see Michael Vick God-mode in pristine quality. That game was awesome.

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

1. Dynasty Warriors HD (better than making it HD, they could INCREASE THE DRAW DISTANCE SO PEOPLE DON'T MAGICALLY APPEAR!)
    2. Capcom vs SNK HD
    3. SSX HD... or just a new SSX.
    4. Ratchet & Clank HD
    5. Resident Evil HD

Though clearly of that list Ratchet & Clank and Resident Evil are the only ones that have a chance of happening. Damn shame.

I feel like there won't be a MGS HD either, since they already released a (non-HD) trilogy set.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude are purposely forgetting

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Ins3dTgTJA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Ins3dTgTJA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

This.

11. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I'd like to see Ratchet & Clank as well as Jak & Daxter.

12. A00man

A00man Member

Actually I believe that they have sort of informally announced it already. Sony mentioned that they would be creating more HD collections next year which could be Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, the Prince of Persia Trilogy, and the MGS games. Two of them have already been formally announced. I'm guessing the MGS HD collection will come somewhere close to MGS: Rising's release.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

After this weekend's performance, I think all you have to do is wait for next year' Madden!

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

ohhh. Did not know about the Splinter Cell Trilogy.

Seconded.

I'd also like a Persona collection.

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I hear they're making a Beyond Good & Evil HD remake which is at the top of my wishlist. I'd also check out Ratchet games. Sahdow of the Colossus I'd buy too. Lastly, HD remakes of the first two Twisted Metals would be cool, but could take away from the new one.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lucas Arts adventure games.

All of them from the 90's. Man I miss Full Throttle etc....

Also, Cyberia was a sweet freaking game.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Didn't I hear about a Odin Sphere / Muramasa HD collection coming or something....

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think I would purchase an old game just because it was reintroduced in HD

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I know some N64 games have been ported to other systems (like Perfect Dark) and you can re-emulate the graphics on some games, but it'd be nice to see some N64 games given some justice in HD rather than the old cloudy textured graphics a lot of the games had. And those dreaded write-in graphics some of them had (like Turok). And bad framerate slowdown on other games. ... man we really accepted a lot less back then with games lol

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I would like a full remake of the Marathon games.