1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Video Game) Super Nintendo Mini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nickb492, Jul 21, 2017.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

KevinsBacon likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well Walmart went quick :)

4. nickb492

Very much so. Nintendo have no idea what they are doing so they are only making small amounts to get the demand high without producing more which only helps the resale people. I just think they were neat to have a mini version of my first real system (remember paying 80 dollars at 7-8 years old for Spawn, wtf was I thinking). I just had both my orders cancelled though. I hate Walmart. Amazon will have a preorder soon for anyone that missed out.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Edit: nvm I guess this was just a preorder. Is there anyone else doing this?

6. nickb492

Amazon if you are prime member. Just set a notification. Was seeing that there were tons of cancelled orders which makes me think people were just buying in bulk. Bought one and then bought another for my brother and both were cancelled this morning like at 6. Bah.

7. davidio840

Ah sweet. Hopefully I can get one. I would love to play some of that mario kart lol.

You think they cancelled all the bulk orders? That **** pissed me off about the NES one. People were selling them online for like $500 afterwards.

8. VanityHalfBlack

When the amazon gonna drop?

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It was available for preorder for Prime members this past weekend? I never received an alert about it.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Apparently some of the walmart orders are getting cancelled. Walmart jumped the gun and is blaming it on a technical issue with the website. I just want two of these damn things. One for me and one for a gift is that too much to ask

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

From Nintendo, yes it is.

They either intentionally create artificial scarcity or they are grossly incompetent at judging demand for their products. It is a constant issue.

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

It's not Nintendo's fault. Apple needs parts and it will get all the parts. https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/21/iphone-8-ram-flash-storage-chips/

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like there is definitely a line Nintendo is balancing balance. Sell too many games through this type of medium and risk cannibalizing off the virtual console (or whatever it's called now). However, I would think that cannibalization is pretty minimal and probably offset by sales of these mnisystems to end users who would never purchase from the virtual console to begin with.

14. davidio840

Anyone have any update on when's these will be available?

15. Anticope

Anticope Member

The problem is the virtual console isn't even available on the Switch yet and I'm not aware of any timetable for it. As someone who is willing to spend a pretty good amount of money on games from the NES and SNES, no matter what medium it's through, the fact that I can't buy these games through virtual console on the Switch and that it's damn near impossible to find one of these classic consoles is pretty frustrating. I'm not really sure what they're even balancing at this point, they're just doing a terrible job making these classic games available and there's obviously a strong market for them.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Walmart refunded my payment,hahahhah! Guess I won't be getting one. FUKKK!

17. davidio840

18. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

For me their initial cancellation email was kind of an FU but they followed it with a more of an apology and explanation that it was an error on their part for their system allowing preorders.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Screw this man, I'll just buy the original SNES and get the everdrive for it and get all the damn games.

20. Buck Turgidson