1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video Game Rockets players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockHEAD, Aug 27, 2001.

1. RocketSmack

RocketSmack Member

Did anyone ever play Shaq Fu. That was the worst video game ever made,imo. I thought it would be somewhat basketball related, instead it was a poor man's Mortal Combat. Oneal would go head to head with some goblin in a robe and kick the crap out of them with his size 22 shoe. I lost all respect for O'neal after that. I'm sure many other people felt ripped off after buying that game (tear). :mad:

2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

you bought the game ......................................................................................................................................................................................................HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! If u bought that game when it came out it was probaly 60 bucks, like most other SNES games...... oh man that would be a worse waste of money than investing in the defunct pets.com :D

3. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Michael Dickerson(with Grizzlies) on NBA Live 2000 for Nintendo 64. I once scored 129 on 43-43 for 3's.

4. haven

haven Member

For some reason, I always had tremendous success with Robert Horry in NBA Live 95 for the SNES. He could shoot the 3, but he was fast and could dunk, too. I would score almost all of my points with Horry and Olajuwon. Drexler was always underrated in that game.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Charles Barkley was in the initial shipment of NBA JAM but was excluded from the majority of the copies due to license problems. If you have the NBA JAM version with Barkley you could have a rare and expensive item. I do remember scoring 100pts with Eldrige Recasner in NBA Live once, I was playing a friend on 12min quarters, Recasner was on fire that game.

6. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

What i actually loved most about Nba live 95 for SNES was that u didnt have to stop to shoot. you could bring anyone (yes, i do mean anyone) and run them non stop down the sideline , shoot and make it 90 percent of time........ thats it, im bustin out the SNES!!!

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Yes!

Roster Player or Guard or something along those lines.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I remember that. They also had one guy representing Magic.

I always liked to creat a player on NBA Live. He'd usually be 7'0" and had near perfect stats. I'd average a near triple double with him all the time.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

NBA Live 97

Brent Price was the fu(king s#it!!!

I remember all I would do is be in the "triple threat" position with Price at the top of the 3 pt line, and head fake until they call the foul on the CPU or my friend, and the game would automatically make Price shoot... So, at worst case scenario, I would get 3 FT's, and in best case scenario I would get a 4 pt play...

10. silent j

silent j Member

The original NBA live for Super NES had Barkley and Jordan. It also had a pretty cool strategy book I used to check out at Waldenbooks on my lunch break every day. That game really sucked compared to the next one I got, Live '95, but I sure played the hell out of it.
    j

11. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

Temco Basketball was awesome for SNES. Jordan, Bird, Dumars...

12. IVFL

IVFL Member

I dont know how many people know this but the temo basketball game for snes had pete chilcutt. that game kinda sucked because you could never really hit threes consistently, except with pete he would hit 50 percent all the time. He was the one good three point shooter on the game.