1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video Game Rockets players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockHEAD, Aug 27, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

In the closed thread about Craig Ehlo someone mentioned Breaux and his ability to shoot 3's in NBA Live 95....

Does anyone have any other memories of video game Rocket players?

The Rockets players on the old Sega NBA Live 95 & 96 were the bomb! Those games rocked... and the ability to make your own players... with afros!! Too much!

I remember the NBA Jam for Gameboy...
    one of the Rockets was Maxwell and it was fun to let him jack three's from way out! It totally looked like his 'move'....

I think I'm gonna find some AA batts and load up the NBA Jam in the old gameboy... and even plug in the SEGA!!

rH

2. Yakeem ASunKing

Kenny Smith had a pretty sweet shot in the original NBA Jam (arcade), but Dee Brown (Celtics at the time) could not miss. I later found out that he helped develop the game.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Olajuwon was unstoppable in NBA Jam Tournament Edition for the SuperNES. I was (and still am, by god) awesome at that game, and I'd always play Dream. It got so bad none of my buddies would play me 'cause I'd beat the **** out of them with Hakeem, and I'd talk a lot of **** in the process.

4. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Mario Elie could shoot 3's like crazy in NBA Live 97 for the Playstation. More recently, Steve is nearly unstoppable in NBA 2K1 on the Dreamcast.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Okay no one can be better then Francis in Street for PS2. He can shoot 3s, 2s, dunk like a motha, steal, dribble and just plain kick some ASS!

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Oh yeah...the Sega Live 95 Rockets were awesome. For some reason, that game had the best Dream Shake/turnaround of any basketball game I've played.

And trust me, that's quite a large number. :D

7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i had the sega nba live 95 too. rockets were ranked 2nd after the sonics if i'm not mistaken.
    but the game was a bit funny at times. i remember vlade divac shoot 3s that hit the front rim, bounce down hard, bounce back up through the net, hit the glass and drops in the basket. i've done it quite a lot. and i'm not making this up.
    i think i'm gonna go play my jam tournament edition too.

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

the best thing about jam t.e is the 9 point spots. last seconds gametime you go to the 9 spots and just shoot (even beyond halfcourts) and just hope your teammate jumps and catches the miss and drops it in. it counts for 9.
    i cant remember how many times i had done that and had it done to me.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Clyde and Dream were the best in Hangtime for N64. I guarantee I would knock the **** out of any of you in that game baby!

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA Jam for Sega Genesis had Maxwell and Dream!!
    Max was raining 3s!

11. PhiSlammaJamma

In Tecmo basketball Scott Brooks hit every three he took when you ran a certain play for him. I never lost to anyone, ever, as long as I had Brooks.

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

I used to play "Mattel Basketball," and my little red blip was always Rudy T
    :)

13. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

That's funny, I had Mattel Football (before the green passing unit) and all my red blips were Oilers!!

too funny
    rH

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Tecmo NBA Basketball for NES was fun. I forgot how many minutes the quarters were (I remember between 3 and 5), anyways the time elapsed fast...I'd just use Dream to shoot the whole game (except a few shots). I'd win, and he would end up in the 40-50 ppg range.

15. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

<-----------------------"Someone"

Before Nba Live hit Playstation, there were many weird attributes of the game with certain players. Its not just Tim Breaux........... Some other things i remember about Nba Live '95 on SNES were that 1) Calbert Cheaney (despite low 3pt ability) was always in top 5 in three shooting percentages 2) Dennis Rodman had white hair, no options :( 3) No matter if u created a 7'10 player with perfect stats or a perfect pg, they will never produce in the top ten of any catergory compared with real players 4) I dont know if it was just my game or what, but whenever i did expansion drafts for toronto and grizz, 90% of time Pete Chillcut was first pick :confused: ............................... there are many more but these are the most noticeable of all the weird player attributes.

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I remember that Maxwell-Olajuwon team on the original NBA Jam. The Bulls were made the best team on those games, hands down. Even without Jordan :mad: , Quitten and Ho Grant were awesome. You couldn't play as Barkley, either, because he'd made some sorry basketball game of his own.

I've still got NBA Live 95 for my SNES. It's fun to bring back that old team every now and then.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Are you sure Barkley wasn't on the original NBA Jam?

I don't have good memory but I think Phoenix had Barkley and KJ. I do remember Barkley not being on the NBA Live series. I remember P Forward # 3 in the starting lineup for the Rockets.

Also anyone hate SG # 99 on the Bulls in the Live series?

18. mduke

mduke Member

I agree rockets03- he's the best on that game, him and t-mac!:D

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I loved "Barkley, shut up and Jam!"

20. playahata

playahata Member

On a calbert cheaney note....NBA Action on SAturn was awesome...could score 100 w/ Cheaney