1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Very strange lunch..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotdogeater, Sep 19, 2001.

1. hotdogeater

hotdogeater Member

I had lunch yesterday with a very interesting 65 year old man who grew up in Roswell, New Mexico. He is a smart businessman who acts as a mentor to many. His expertise is marketing, and he seems to have a firm grasp of the subtlties of human nature. I was very impressed with him, and then I brought up the alledged alien visit in 1946 in Roswell. The newspaper read as follows-

<b>Roswell Daily Record, July 8th, 1947:

RAAF CAPTURES FLYING SAUCER ON RANCH IN ROSWELL REGION
    No Details of Flying Disk Are Revealed
    Roswell Hardware Man and Wife Report Disk Seen

The intelligence office of the 509th Bombardment group at Ros- well Army Air Field announced at noon today, that the field has come into possession of a flying saucer.

According to information re- leased by the department, over authority of Maj. J. A. Marcel, intelligence officer, the disk was recovered on a ranch in the Ros- well vicinity, after an unidentified rancher had notified sheriff Geo. Wilcox, here, that he had found the instrument on his premises.

Major Marcel and a detail from his department went to the ranch and recovered the disk, it was stated.

After the intelligence office here had inspected the instrument it was flown to "higher headquar- ters".

The intelligence office stated that no details of the saucer's construction or its appearance had been revealed.

Mr. and Mrs. Dan Wilmot ap- parently were the only persons in Roswell who have seen what they thought was a flying disk.

They were sitting on their porch at 105 South Penn. last Wednesday night at abou ten minutes before ten o'clock when a large glowing object zoomed out of the sky from the southeast, going a northwesterly direction at a high rate of speed.

Wilmot called Mrs. Wilmot's attention to it and both ran down into the yard to watch. It was in sight less than a minute, perhaps 40 or 50 seconds, Wilmot estimat- ed.

Wilmot said that it appeared to him to be about 1,500 feet high and going fast. He estimated be- tween 400 and 500 miles per hour.

In appearance it looked oval in shape like two inverted saucers, faced mouth to mouth, or like two oldtype washbowls placed to- gether in the same fashion. The entire body glowed as though light were showing through from inside, though not like it would be if a light were merely under- neath.

From where he stood Wilmot said that the object looked to be about five feet in size, and making allowance for the distance it was from town he figured that it must have been 15 or 20 feet in diam- eter, though this was just a guess.

Wilmot said that he heard no sound but that Mrs. Wilmot said she heard a swishing sound for a very short time.

The object came into view from the southeast and disappeared over the treetops in the general vicinity of sixmile hill.

Wilmot, who is one of the most respected and reliable citizens in town, kept the story to himself hoping that someone else would come out and tell about having seen one, but finally today decided that he would go ahead and tell about seeing it. The announcement that the RAAF was in possession of one came only a few minutes after he had decided to release the details of what he had seen. </b>
    [​IMG]

He not only said it was true, but he knew the people involved. He talked of his good friend's girlfriend who witnessed the autopsy of a dead alien. She was killed in a car accident two days later. He talked about his good friend who found the wreckage.

He claims that the Air Force people thought that the first nuclear test in New Mexico, which was the source of a huge release of energy, attracted the aliens to our planet.

If this old man were not so smart, lucid, and respected in his community, I would dismiss this entire event. I am a person who is very sceptical about these kind of things, so I am a bit troubled by this right now. Has anybody else talked to a Roswell eyewitness?

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

His name wasn't Walter, was it? I have a friend who has an Uncle Walter from Roswell who testifies to all of the above. I believe it. There's a pretty good movie made about this event, starring Kyle McLauchlin (?SP) of Dune and Twin Peaks fame.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

mmm, hot dogs

4. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

Another good movie to watch is Roswell. It's a 1994 TV movie starring Martin Sheen.

Anyway hotdogeater, it's all true. Not that I was there, but how do you explain the leap in technology in just 50 years? Fiber optics, laser, cloning, etc.?

It is common belief that once we went nuclear, we caught there attention. During the test of atomic bombs and such, record numbers of UFO sightings took place. He seems to know UFOlogy pretty well by your story. Where did you meet this old guy? I would love to speak with him.

The thing that confuses me about the whole thing is this. I understand debunking finding a crashed UFO (one of many from mid-40's to early 50's), during that time because we were just coming out of WWI and if we could "steal" that technology, to gain an advantage over other countries. However, today, we have the advantage. We are the most technologically advance countries in the world. Why can't the government come clean now?

Hotdogeater, just remember all is not as it always seem. History is manipulated for us to believe things that are not necessarily true. I mean, how many times can the USAF change the story?

FC

5. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..............................

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

With multiple planets around billions of stars in billions of galaxies, we are the only sentient species.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

7. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

hotdogeater,

Did you read the book by Col. Corso? He discusses the cover-up over the years.

http://www.cseti.org/position/addition/corso.htm

BTW, hearsay, but I have heard from 2 USAF Colonels that all high-level officers in the Air Force believe in UFOs.