1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vernon Maxwell's 30 point quarter???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil Pun, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Can somebody give me a link to a page that shows when Maxwell had his 30 point quarter. Some people I know don't believe me that he had 30 in one quarter.

------------------
    Arkansas' Biggest Rocket Fan!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here's the link to prove it.

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001518.html">Heypartner's NBA BBall FAQ[/b]<font color="f7f7f7">

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited February 02, 2001).]

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

That is the best link I have ever seen in my life. It has to be the most informative site on the net. HP you are the greatest NBA Historian I have ever come in contact with ever. [​IMG]

CK

------------------
    There is nothing more thrilling than using the RealGM trade checker for the 1 millionth time and finally having it tell you trade accepted!!!

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You need to come to clutchcity.net more often Lil Pun.... this was a retro day from last week:

10 years and one week from the day:

January 26, 1991:
    25-year old Rocket shooting guard Vernon Maxwell had 21 points heading into the fourth quarter of a home game against the Cavaliers, an excellent night. It was about to get better ... much better. Maxwell exploded for 30 points in the 4th quarter alone en route to 51 for the game as the Rockets routed the Cavaliers 130-97 to improve their record to 22-20.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the funniest threads I have read in a while.

Way funnier than ZRB's "Bash Rockets Here" thread. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

6. Valio!

Valio! Member

So back in 1991 the Rockets had a somewhat similar record as they do now....then they won a championship 3 years later...if we continue on the same path - wooohoooo 2004 NBA champs! I could wait 3 years if need be.

------------------
    Moochie Norris Hair Club for Men - I'm not only the president, I'm also a client

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I busted this one guy at Champp's Americana with this fact. He insisted that Bob Cousey(sp?) held the record for the most points in a quarter until I asked him to put some serious money on it.

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

uh...you wanna bet Pimp!!!

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

! actually know who it is.

It is .... George Gervin with 33 in the regular season
    and for the PLayoffs its Sleepy Floyd with 29 while playing for Golden State

Ck

------------------
    There is nothing more thrilling than using the RealGM trade checker for the 1 millionth time and finally having it tell you trade accepted!!!

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Hey, Clutch I visit clutchcity.net everyday, in fact that is where I received the info about the Maxwell again and brought it up later that night. They didn't believe me and by the next day it was gone bye bye. Thanks for the info though Clutch.

------------------
    Arkansas' Biggest Rocket Fan!