1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah, thy end has come

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BlastOff, Apr 30, 2002.

Tags:
  1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Whoa mommy, 21 friggin turnovers!!!! They looked like the Grizz out there tonight.

Think they'll blow up the org this year?

2. red

red Contributing Member

hahahaha life is better today...die scumbags die...

3. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Yesh! How schweeeeeet it is.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

They probably would've made it to a Game 5 if not for Vlade Divac's miracle of all miracle shots. Anyway, it shouldn't have come to that except for Malone pulling a Pippen. He never went down low, never got to the line, passed up wide open looks to give it to Greg Ostertag-- terrible game.

Regardless, Mavs over the Kings in 5... and that's being lenient to Sacramento. They've had time to adjust, and every game, it's the same underachieving. I wonder if Chris Webber can finally win a single second round playoff game...

5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Cat,

Ostertag gave the Kings the series. I'll bet half of the turnovers were made by him alone. He looked like a rookie out there.

If I were his coach and we were on the road, he'd be paying for his own ticket home.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Ostertag? He may not have been perfect, but didn't he have about 15 rebounds tonight? He was all over the glass on both ends, and showing the determination he's lacked for almost his whole career. I'm not sure on the TO's, but I wouldn't blame this loss on him.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Sorry guys, I'm against this thread...

I actually rooted for Utah this series.. and this last game showed me why.

wow.

I hate them vs. the Rockets, but guys... give it up for them...

-John Stockton is an incredible player, definately one of the 50 greatest. Even the new breed of pg who had an amazing series could not out do him.
    -Malone is one tough SOB. Flop war vs. Vlade was classic - but Malone plays tough D, and he's just an amazing athlete. Huge arms, I'd hate for him to hack me on the arm, ouch? Great player, still one of the best even at the end of his career
    -Greg Ostertag played with so much emotion I wanted to trade for him right then.
    -Jaron Collins D'ing up on Cwebb - what a tough assignment for the rook and a good job he did.
    -Kiril.. whatever ..... man I was drooling over this guy, id kill for him to be a rocket. No layups, everything dunks and hard. Tough D, never give in - i really like him

Did anyone see Cwebb take the big blow of air when he saw it was sub 2min? haha, then he missed the free throw right after - what a choker.. and the airball? Lakers win again.

Sorry for the Jazz rant but.. be reasonable...

8. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

LTF, I'm with ya bud....I was rooting for Jazz because I hate Suckramento more.

Though they fought valiantly, it's time to start over.

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]UTAH IS DEAD!!!![​IMG]

10. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Rigor mortis! :D

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Always nice to see Utah meet its demise.

But now we get to watch the Spurs roll over for the Lakers, the Kings and Mavs beat each other weary, leaving the winner battered and bruised, and see LA dance its way into the finals. :mad: :mad:

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

rockHEAD, that's classic!:D

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

LTF,I understand your point about those guys being determined and ready to work hard and play every night but they always flop , elbow and resort to rough play when they can't play against better talent,and the worst thing about them is that they are never wrong.
    I'm no Kings Fan though and I think that if Dallas plays good defense then they should be able to defeat them.

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I agree completley. As much as Stockton annoys me when he plays against the Rockets, I do not hate him at all really. The guy is a freak of nature. He is smart. He makes big shots like Robert Horry does. He shoots the ball very well. And to top that off, he is one of the top 10 best defenders in NBA history in my opinion. Stockton had me in awe a few times tonight. If he played for the Knicks, just imagine how popular he would be.

As for Malone, gotta give him props also. I don't care what many Rockets fans think of him. The guy never misses games. Keeps in great shape, Improved his FT's, you name it.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

guys just b/c its all over for them, don't go getting all sentimental on us. remember this is the jazz. who you hate. more than not living itself. don't let their old age get to you, malone would give you a knee to the groin soon as look at you. don't be all mushy, flopton would set an illegal pick on your mother if he had the chance. hate them for what they are, jazzholes. and never forget it. now i wanna see some good ol' jazz bashing from here on out. got it! stop being reasonable and start being rockets fans.

16. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

There is a fine line between hate and respect, and I'll say that I respect the Jazz. If they had anything close to even a marginal center these past 18 years, it would probably be them with two titles instead of us...

There, now that THAT is out of my system...

You know, even though the Kings really struggled and SHOULD have spanked the Jazz by 50 points in each game, this is even sweeter. The Jazz actually thought they had a shot in this series. Jazz fans were glimmering with hope, and a few were even predicting a series victory at the jazzhoopsforum.com board. Then, their hearts were RIPPED from them, like so many playoff teams have done before, and that's what made this series so sweet. It's easy to say, "Well, we didn't have a chance anyways, so losing this series isn't so bad". It's a much tougher pill to swallow, though, when you have hope and get beat.

Let's see...Two star players who will both be in their 40's and eight free agents...Yes, life is sweet...

DING DONG, THE JAZZ ARE DEAD!!

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.:D

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

R.I.P. Jazzholes.

Now trade Malone, 'cause ain't no free agent---outside of Europeans from war-torn countries, Van Horn or Shawn "The Great White Nope" Bradley---who'd willingly play his career for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Boxscore had Ostertag with 3 of the Jazz's 19 turnovers. He also had 8 points and 15 rebounds (10 of which were offensive:cool: ). I won't go as far as saying I ever thought about acquiring him, but he did somewhat expose Sacramento's poor inside play. How they expect to beat L.A. (if they get that far), is beyond me???

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't know if the Kings make it out of the semis.